MarsHydro LED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mindtrip

Reaction score
Question
I'm thinking of switching to LED for flower, but money is somewhat tight. But cutting back on heat and energy consumption would be nice. For my 2x4 tent, can anyone say how a 600w Mars Hydro LED would do? I see great and awful reviews everywhere.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/MarsHydro-Indoor-Growth-Flowering-Spectrum/dp/B00XC3LBI2/ref=pd_sim_86_9?ie=UTF8&refRID=0RFN6XYX574WF0260EW5[/ame]

Use two of the 400w's, for a more versatile foot print and better use of wattage.

More fixtures > Large fixtures :aok:

If they are represented properly in photos, then this is the exact fixture I have. I have 8 of the 400's. I put 4 of them in each 4.5' x 4.5' tent. :aok:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/MarsHydro-Hydroponic-Growing-Spectrum-Penetration/dp/B00XMQOO9W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1439720389&sr=8-3&keywords=Mars+Hydro[/ame]

Hopefully that works for you. Happy birthday! :)

One other question, DGF - do you use your LEDs in veg, too?

I have, and currently are when I flip from veg room to flower room. I'll veg them an extra 10-14 days usually, get them to the size(s) I want them, then flip. These work great for veg, as they are full spectrum. :aok:

Stop into "The Dr's Office" (below in my sig) and read the last... 500 pages or so. LOL :)

Thanks! I have perused your thread quite a bit, but as you pointed out...there is a LOT of information there!

For a longer narrower space, you will do a lot better with a couple of smaller lights rather than 1 larger one. I have a 3 x 6 space and have a 700W Mars II and a 768W Apollo Purple Sun cob unit in there. That seems to be a good choice for my space.

I do have to say though that they produce a lot more heat than I had been led to believe. I am running just a bit over 700 actual watts and they really do not run that much cooler than my air cooled HPS. And I have only cut my wattage by about 300W, so the energy savings is not great. What draws me to the LEDs are the higher amount of trichs that you seem to get with LEDs.

Thanks, THG. Less heat and better trichs both attract me. I don't know that I can afford two 400watts. I'm gonna have to debate this with myself quite a bit. I've only got three plants going. Hmmmm...

And I have only cut my wattage by about 300W, so the energy savings is not great. What draws me to the LEDs are the higher amount of trichs that you seem to get with LEDs.

Yeah, for your situation, you only cut that much.. if you do direct replace, you cut it roughly in half. :D

And yes, the trichs produced are easily doubled in my opinion and terrapins are throuuuugh the roof more! Also, with a detailed analysis from a credible lab, LED vs HPS shows both major increase in trich production, and terrapin.. but also brings out terrapins that HPS doesn't. In the test comparison, they ran a NY Diesel grown exactly the same besides HPS/LED, and in the tests a terrapin called "Limonene" was vastly present in the LED sample and didn't even register in the HPS sample. So, LED's are proven to expand the vast array of terrapin combinations and available terrapins.

Thanks, THG. Less heat and better trichs both attract me. I don't know that I can afford two 400watts. I'm gonna have to debate this with myself quite a bit. I've only got three plants going. Hmmmm...

LED's are concentrated down
You can not cover a large area, with a 'larger' light fixture, and hope for "splash lighting" like you can with HPS. LED is more direct lighting. Save money and go with the proper lighting for your space, don't ***** foot about :aok: :D

LED's are concentrated down
You can not cover a large area, with a 'larger' light fixture, and hope for "splash lighting" like you can with HPS. LED is more direct lighting. Save money and go with the proper lighting for your space, don't ***** foot about :aok: :D

Thanks. Unfortunately, two 400w MH LEDs like you have are out of my budget. Would two 300w MH LEDs be a waste? Again...2x4 tent with 3 plants.

Latest posts

Back