Maryland growing about to be voted on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGBSkunky

Reaction score
The second of two bills, the first having passed, is to be voted on next week. This lays out the final piece of the framework for both recreational and surprisingly medical cannabis.

The limit will be set for two plants as discussed and agreed upon however people in the medical program will be able to grow four plants.

It is a double edged sword. I am glad growing here in Massachusetts is legal but ‘legal’ doesn’t necessarily help anyone but the govt.

Absolutely true…but I have to take what I can get at this point. If they had legalized cannabis years ago there would not have been a convenient framework for opioids or any other black market items. All they are doing is making it worse. If there was not a lot of money a secondary market is just an inconvenience.

which means a market can only charge twice what it can be grown for at the most which is why they keep struggling and ultimately the market drops to about this in longer term states.

Here in VA everyone I know who grows has far more than four plants, and give away more bud than they smoke. I don't think the legislators or the cash rich lobbies saw that coming. They saw an opportunity to monopolize a popular product and ran with it. I don't know how the monopolized medical cannabis industry is going to make much of a profit selling the stuff when it's all but free already.

Here in VA everyone I know who grows has far more than four plants, and give away more bud than they smoke. I don't think the legislators or the cash rich lobbies saw that coming. They saw an opportunity to monopolize a popular product and ran with it. I don't know how the monopolized medical cannabis industry is going to make much of a profit selling the stuff when it's all but free already.
Getting excited for July1st in Maryland

Bought me a Tegridy T-Shirt just for the occasion!

Ultimately all the markets will settle to around $100 an ounce commercially and while they will cry they know it too. The easy money is where a new market is opening every time.

Attachments

• IMG_1437.jpeg
    IMG_1437.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 0
I wish they allowed more in Virginia too as I always run a bit over but I am thankful that growing is legal here.

I would think a good lawyer could argue that plants in veg and clones contain no THC so they should not be considered a schedule 1 ‘drug’ or included in a plant count. Hopefully nobody has to find out if that is a valid legal argument…

That’s what the grow store said here when I asked them about selling clones and plants. They called it a loophole because the plants had less than 3% THC
They are using the federal definition, but the VA law is unusually clear on the state definition. It includes seedlings and clones. Until it's tried in court, though, it's probably a safe assumption for us private growers.

Latest posts

Back