Masking Odor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

allgrownup

So my box is going in my garage, i had planned on venting into the garage. I just realized how many people typically walk around the usual suburban McTropolis. I have a walking path across the street. Should say i happen to open the garage door in the am to leave for work whilest a group of walkers is in passing, what the odds of detection.

Having never grown before, how pungent will it be? should a 2 car garage be enough to dicipate the smell or venting outside?

I've heard using dryer sheets works good. will venting out a roof vent as opposed to waist to head level be of benefit?

Do we have a thread here dedicated to just Masking the odor at the other end of the exhaust?

thx

It is strain dependent. If you were growing something like C99 which has low odor and a very sweet, fresh odor, I think you would be alright. But, on the other hand, if you were to be growing skunk... Well you would have some issues. To be safe and have peace of mind you should get a carbon filter. Or you could get an O3 producer and have it vent outside. Either way, if it were me I would definitely have something just so I could sleep at not and not have to worry if someone caught a wiff.

I'll search around here more to find out what carbon filters are.

Also, I'll be growing the Northern lights Shiva first and i have some white widow seeds for when i get the hang of it and learn cloning.

I want to be able to grow anything so i'm defineatly going to look into this carbon filter.

thx

You could just mask the odor in the whole growroom(or neutralize it rather). Just do a search for Ona, they have good products...sort of expensive but will do the trick!

My vent from my garage to outside is only about a foot off the ground, and I can smell it pretty good. And it is only going to get worse because I am only in my second week of flower. But I live in the country, so I don't have to worry as much as someone in town would.

typed "Ona" in the search for this site and nothing came up???

Ah, I have used a few. They are something that you really should use in conjunction with a small carbon filter. But if you're going to spend the cash on a filter you might as well get a large enough one so you don't need to waste time with a minor order remover. Do it right once I would say... Or like the infomercial guy set it and forget it.

No, do a google search or yahoo search. Depending on how many you're growing you might want a carbon filter but i'm growing two right now and I don't have any smell with just the Ona gel. Good luck!

bombbudpuffa said:
No, do a google search or yahoo search. Depending on how many you're growing you might want a carbon filter but i'm growing two right now and I don't have any smell with just the Ona gel. Good luck!

How far along are you into flower?

Latest posts

Back