Massive Buds mutated...What is this ??? Pic heavy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwanabud

Hiding in a tree
Reaction score
I have 40 ladies, with monster buds (10"-18")all growing "pine cones" out of the sides & tops. The room consists of 5 strains, all femmed seeds, mid 70's temp, 12/12 cycle.

Did I have a hermie, and miss it ? All pics are different girls....the whole room is doing it...HELP :eek: :holysheep:

DSCN1003.JPG

DSCN1005.JPG

DSCN1006.JPG

DSCN1009.JPG

DSCN1011.JPG

DSCN1012.JPG

DSCN1013.JPG

DSCN1014.JPG

DSCN1018.JPG

Looks like normal fox tailing to me....I get it a lot with the Sativa leaning strains. jmo

Hamster Lewis said:
Looks like normal fox tailing to me....I get it a lot with the Sativa leaning strains. jmo

Hammy, happy 4th :)

These are all mostly Indica strains....Big Bud, Bubba Kush, Afghani Milk, THC Bomb. I busted a bud up last nite, didn't find seeds....but had like seed husks...nothing in them. The smoke was good, for being green.

But the whole room ? Different strains, some of them clones ? I'm confused, huge pine cones coming out of the sides (the pics don't do the buds justice, they are huge:D)

I wouldnt be complainin ifin these here be my plants pilgrem lookin like some major budd production goin on! What yual feedin them?

BWD

BWD, well that would be a long list :D ...depending on what stage they are in. But Sugar Daddy & Molasses rite now.....CalMag every feeding also. The girls are eating 5 gallons of H2O a week :holysheep:

bwanabud said:
Hammy, happy 4th :)

These are all mostly Indica strains....Big Bud, Bubba Kush, Afghani Milk, THC Bomb. I busted a bud up last nite, didn't find seeds....but had like seed husks...nothing in them. The smoke was good, for being green.

But the whole room ? Different strains, some of them clones ? I'm confused, huge pine cones coming out of the sides (the pics don't do the buds justice, they are huge:D)

Maybe you had some heat issues during flower? I hve gotten some strains that grow straight ugly. Those smoked well none the less.

Hmmmm, don't think so Hammy. I run 750 cfm exhaust, with 4 circulating fans, digital stats 74deg norm...can check the high point spikes...@ 82deg the worst. It's been in the mid-high 90's here(this week too)and the room is running 81deg max with the lites on....68deg at nite.

I agree with Hammy it is normal in later stage of flowering. Looking good, bwanabud!

Lol--when I saw the title of this thread, I figured that the plant was either foxtailing or hermying--glad it was foxtailing. I've got one doing the big foxtail thing now. They can get strange looking, but it is nothing to be concerned about. Fine looking buds!

Appreciate all the reply's & support :yay: I've been growing for a long time, and never saw anything like this. The buds are massive, most the diameter of softballs....over 12" long, big harvest :icon_smile:

Just seems strange, very strange :confused: ... all 40 plants did it, different strains, beans & clones. Maybe Hammy is right, heat in the flower stage ?

I have also found it more prevalent with more sativa dominant strains.

Massive Buds mutated...What is this ???

D A N K

I've been growing for a long time, and never saw anything like this.

Could be your growing skills are improving:)

Maybe Hammy is right, heat in the flower stage ?

I am going to be finding out, cause it has been unusually hot here this early in summer.

Like HL and THG have mentioned I too have found this to be true of the more sativa leanings.

Yeah, most of my photos will show this as well...it's all good!! :ciao: and well done, my friend!

Can we get a can of beer or something in these pics for comparison? (you know, strictly for scientific reasons...)

nvthis said:
Can we get a can of beer or something in these pics for comparison? (you know, strictly for scientific reasons...)

Be glad to :hubba: I don't drink till 8 PM (self imposed rule), will get some pics tonite :D

pcduck said:
D A N K

Could be your growing skills are improving:)

I am going to be finding out, cause it has been unusually hot here this early in summer.

Like HL and THG have mentioned I too have found this to be true of the more sativa leanings.

Sure looks like Dank :hubba: Skills have definitely improved :D Green MOJO to all :icon_smile:

For me the improvement came from: Finding the right strains, picking the right Pheno/Moms, Super cropping/SOG

Latest posts

Back