Mature at 4 1/2 weeks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnylorenzo

Reaction score
I started really noticing alternating nodes but I didn't think that it would be ready at only 4 1/2 weeks...any other input? I just didn't know...no signs of sex yet...and I've kinda encountered another problem with my late starter.... It wont be ready to flower when the others are and when I change the light cycle for the others will that one change by it self or will it just not be ready to flower and not do anything?

View attachment WP_20150516_002.jpg

View attachment WP_20150516_003.jpg

about right
usually able to start telling sex about a month old IME

doesn't mean you have to bloom them now though. (but it is always better to have them showing sex/being mature being forcing them into bloom)
unless they're automatic, they'll stay ready to go until you're ready for them to go ;)

as for the straggler; yes it will/would mature under bloom light cycle.. but hopefully it will have shown before then.

Pictures go in order of plant number

So when I got all these seeds I was told they were sativa seeds or at least sativa...and I've always heard that sativa is 7 skinny leaves and indica was 5 fat leaves so now when they are getting older...i think maybe plant #1 & 2 are sativa dominate and #3 is indica dominate, am I right or wrong...thats just what I'm seeing

#4 just showing new life!

View attachment WP_20150516_008.jpg

View attachment WP_20150516_009.jpg

View attachment WP_20150516_010.jpg

View attachment WP_20150516_011.jpg

Those are looking a little more indica to me than sativa. Probably a cross of both, but i dont see any sativa looking leaves there. I bet it will be good whatever it is.

Do you see anything wrong with the curling of my leaves my buddy told me to watch them BC they looked curled but I don't really see the problem

They look lovely. I see nothing to worry about at this time..enjoy this grow.

I look for alternating nodes on the main stem, not the side branches before I determine that it is sexually mature. My side branches alternate almost from the get-go, very young. IMO, you do not have alternating nodes unless the main stem is alternating....

Well, keep in mind that that is how I determine maturity. The plants look great, so nice and green and healthy and happy. I wouldn't be in a huge hurry to flip them. The can get quite a bit bigger as you do have the room. I find a longer veg is always worth the increase in yield.

Thanks for the compliments! And I'm gonna let them veg for another 2-4 weeks

Latest posts

Back