Maximize my yields.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemon Jack

Above the clouds
Reaction score
Hello all I just got a few questions to run through right quick to try to help me reach my one pound per harvest goal first off some room specs.

I have a 32" x48" area sectioned off with a 600 watt hps.
I have a 280 cfm exaughting hot air from the top passive intakes at the bottom.
In veg I run a dripper system I plan to take clones from my mothers(finally hit a month :) maybe soon they'll be ready to clone) and then put them into 4 in rockwool cubes. When they reach the desired size i want to put them into flower in a ebb and flow table or some dwc. Or maybe a lil both :)

I just dont know how to set it up whether to use smaller net pots in totes or 5 gallon bubble buckets.

I already have all the stuff for the ebb and flow table so i will prob put this in then try to put some dwc around it.
Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Further info:
Strains: Lemon skunk Jack 47
GH Flora nutes
Anything else. . . .

How long ya plan to veg these befor flower?...Ive ran a few DWC buckets but not ebb and flow..how will it work running both systems in same room? also How tall is this room...Im sure you Exhaust cfm is correct...I dont useually get clones untill the plants have reached * weeks plus..just not enough lower growth for them..I do Top my plants at the 4th node to spark side branching and helps keep plants low...Hope this helps..Im sure the Hydro Gurus will be by shortly...untill then hold this:48:

:48:

My room is six feet high with kinda a slanted ceiling its like 120 sq ft. or somethin so i got two air exchanges a min at least.

Veg time can be as long as i need i want to get some in flower asap so I can have some quality meds but after that i guess I'll prob veg the whole way through flower.

the systems would each be on each side of the room with sep rezs and all maybe i could do it to compare results.

Here someone else take this :48:

Do you mean 120 cubic feet? It takes a lot to adequately light and ventilate a 120 sq ft space.

I think I would advise going with one or the other, especially since you are new at this and your area is not that large. The only trouble that I see with the E & F is that if you have different strains--they can grow at different rates making it hard to keep an even canopy and/or they can have differing nutrient needs.

I don't know that I understand what you are saying here: "...but after that i guess I'll prob veg the whole way through flower...." Do you have separate vegging and flowering spaces? Do you have alternating nodes yet? IMO, it is counterproductive to put them into 12/12 before they are sexually mature.

Do you have any pics of your space? How is your ventilation is set up?

well what do you think could be the best poss setup in the room i have is one pound achievable? Is it realistic?

DWC I would go with 3 plants in 5 gallon buckets.

There are a number of factors that determine yields. One being the strain, some strains just produce bigger buds, veg time time also helps, the longer the veg the bigger the plant. Dialing in your grow to maximize your yield takes time also.

Yes goddess sorry for the confusion i meant cubic feet :eek:

And yes i have to sep rooms for veg and flower I only described the flower room.

This is my second run the first was bagseed.Now i got some quality genetics and am going to keep clones ready to go into flower as soon as others come out . I dont have any pics now but maybe later i can get some.

as far as my ventilation i just have the fan pulling the hot air from the top. and holes in the bottom for intake.

Oh and no I dont have alt nodes yet but im not takin my clones yet i figure bout another month I guess Ilm not going to flower them till they are mature

Your 32 x 48 space is your flowering room? I don't think I would put more than 3-4 in there. I have a 3 x 6.5 space that I generally run 6-8 plants. And because I do a perpetual harvest, I can get more plants in comfortably than if they were all mature at the same time.

The Lemon Skunk looks like a fast flowering strain while the Jack 47 is listed as having a long flowering period. This is something to thing about when choosing your hydro method. I would try to find out more about nute requirements for each strain if I were you, since in an E & F you will feeding everything the same. I have some strains that are quite nute sensitive and some that are nutrient hogs.

Alright thg thanks alot i think im leanin more towards dwc now I have all the stuuf for the e and f but i just want tovutilize my space at its optimum :) so about the one pound thing :) is it realistic to pull a pound per harvest with this setup or am i shooting for the stars :(

I wouldn't expect an lb right out of the gate, but yes, I think that an lb is doable with a 600W. Get your space set up and dialed in.

DWC is fairly inexpensive to set up. I do advise getting a decent pH meter and something to read EC and the calibration fluids for both. I use GH Flora series and/or Flora Nova nutes. I add Cal-Mag during flowering.

Alright awesome you have been so much help goddess.

Ya I didnt expect it right away. I just want to be able to build enough up to not have to grow during the summer but I also need some product now lol Oh well got to wait a lil longer.

I got a ph meter but when i bought it I was under the impression it came with calibration fluid but it only came with a incredibly small pack so I got to get some more of that. But I dont have a Ec or TDS meter yet.

I also have gh flora nutes but no cal-mag. So maybe I'll need to look in to that too

Thanks alot though This has been a load of help.
You deserve a reward :bong2:

If I can help you with a DWC set up, let me know. But there is loads of info out there on simple DWC set ups.

You won't need Cal Mag for a while. While you can get by without an ec meter, it can be risky. Once you get going for a while, you get a feel for what your plants want. I generally push the nutes until my girls have a bit of nute burn and then pull back a little.

Hey LJ checkout eseasongear.com they rock. I got all my meters there and they sell cal solution.

I think you can pull alb off a 600W as well....think it wld be like .74 grams a watt. Very doable provided you got the right strain and veg long enough.

Alright guys awesome so how long do you think I should veg for. After this it will be two months around I suppose but for my first run how long should I veg to max out my options with the amount of space I have.

And Im going to check out that site hammy I got to get cal soloution anyway so maybe I can bundle some stuff to get outta shipping thanks guys.

I'll get some by tommorow anything particualarly you want to see?

Latest posts

Back