Medical Cannabis - relationship in treating Insomnia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Albert

Reaction score
Hey Guys! Hope you are safe and well.

The sleep disorder that is well-known as Insomnia has become a silent pandemic that demands attention.
Please put some light on this, Share your experiences, Management of Insomnia, Causes of insomnia which you think vs actual :angiesfavorite:

Popular Medical Marijuana Strains Aid in Deep Sleep

Hey Guys! Hope you are safe and well.

The sleep disorder that is well-known as Insomnia has become a silent pandemic that demands attention.
Please put some light on this, Share your experiences, Management of Insomnia, Causes of insomnia which you think vs actual :angiesfavorite:

Popular Medical Marijuana Strains Aid in Deep Sleep
Using cannabis for sleep is a two-edged sword from my experience. It does not address the causes of insomnia and it is critical that one does that because cannabis merely treats the symptoms. Healthy sleep hygiene is also most important. Also and importantly, after a period of time that varies enormously from sufferer to sufferer, it stops working. Then because the symptoms have been masked they begin to arise, which they inevitably will, more emphatically and in a more complex way. Then you have a problem. I know the science is suggesting that cannabis induces deeper sleep cycles and from my experience that is true but not necessarily helpful or indeed safe. I have slept through a burglary, a fire next door that set my guttering and roof trusses alight and sent asbestos fence material crashing through the bathroom window. Had I not been woken by the firies, it could have got real messy. I also managed to sleep through a large cotton palm in my front yard being set alight by the local teen intellectuals who thought it fun to set fire to all the dead fronds. The palm was about 5 m from my bedroom window and the first thing I knew about it was the next morning when I spotted tyre (I'm Aussie) marks from the fire trucks and police vehicles through all the ash. Another thing I have noticed is that when not using da urb I tend to rise from the deep state up into the REM and shallow sleep and just pop through to wakefulness. Sometimes I just go back to sleep but often I don't and that means frustration, restless legs, tiredness, and the like. Also, and let's not kid ourselves, if you use at night, especially late at night you wake feeling like you're swimming through treacle with only half your neurons firing. It passes but the last thing, I need anyway, is to be demotivated 1st thing and having to push through the fog.

I had insomnia as a teenager. it was severe i used to stay up until dawn then had to wake up to school as soon as i went into sleep and it would happen every night no matter how sleep deprived i was. Something about dawn that triggers my sleepiness it is odd. I do believe that this was stress related and i went to a very good doctor who gave me a simple way to battle it and i consumed cannabis regularly which helped me so much with dealing with stressing factors. I noticed that insomnia was getting milder with age and at around 30 years of age, i was not suffering from it anymore. I still to this day have the tendency to fight sleepiness but that is due to other sleep and eating disorders. I get hungry at night and over breathe which causes other sleep disorders which cannabis does not help me with. But I believe that stress is a big trigger to a whole lot of health issues which cannabis can reduce.

I find smoking or vaping Cannabis does help me sleep, but I only get a few hrs then I awake.
I find myself vaping 3 times a night to get a solid 6 hrs (broken up sleep)

I had insomnia as a teenager. it was severe i used to stay up until dawn then had to wake up to school as soon as i went into sleep and it would happen every night no matter how sleep deprived i was. Something about dawn that triggers my sleepiness it is odd. I do believe that this was stress related and i went to a very good doctor who gave me a simple way to battle it and i consumed cannabis regularly which helped me so much with dealing with stressing factors. I noticed that insomnia was getting milder with age and at around 30 years of age, i was not suffering from it anymore. I still to this day have the tendency to fight sleepiness but that is due to other sleep and eating disorders. I get hungry at night and over breathe which causes other sleep disorders which cannabis does not help me with. But I believe that stress is a big trigger to a whole lot of health issues which cannabis can reduce.
Yes exactly, Stress can be reduced to much extent by using cannabis and cannabis-related products!

you guys need to come over the boo's farm and smoke some of my evening weed, I wake up wondering what went down the night before...been sleeping great since I discovered my demons in the grow...

yep yep , some strandivars of cannabis make humans sleepy

others varietals make us happy while others make us hungry
( I am not a doctor but I do play a chiropractor on tv Dr. Spinalcracker )

seriously , getting up and staying up at about 4am by the time it’s 8:30pm it takes me about 69 seconds to fall asleep

if I smoke a joint and drink a gin and tonic , 37 seconds

if I get up a 4am and stay up all day , and then that evening , smoke a joint , drink a gin and tonic , and , and , get lucky , 13 seconds to fall asleep

Latest posts

Back