Mendocino County drops pot permits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
7greeneyes said:
REGULATE AND SELL it through the local state's liquor control boards. Nuff said. Vote yes on I-502 if you're a Wa. resident and and are an active voter.
MMJ is a sham for the most part nowadaze and I know more perfectly healthy ppl with "recs" that have no true ailment. THey're not dying, they're not in TRUE intractable pain, they're not wasting away, they just wanna get STONED. Meanwhile I've grown for 13+ yrs off and on in a severely debilitated condition, can not walk more then 1/4 mile w/o being chair bound the next day just so I do not have to involve my name w/ dispensary's and lists and more importantly the staties or Feds coming in to "inspect" my grow.

Enuf of this Big Pharm crap, they'll get their hands on it even if it stays illegal, patent meds on it, and still have their men entrenched in DC to spin for them and their companies/agenda's. (which we as capitalists shouldn't be surprised that they want to make money :shocked:It's the basic tenets that this nation was founded on).
I say why not embrace Big Pharm utilizing it, it will become more accepted and disseminated on a mass scale if they dispatch it to ppl that would normally shy away from using something illegal that would otherwise help their ailments, like Sativex or Marinol or what have you...

Arguing over plant count is just dumb. I've grown thousands of plants, so a finite number is rediculous to argue over...

p.s. I stopped pouring money into Big Pharm's pockets when I decided that cannabis made me happier then their PAxil, oxycodone, Zestril, and all the other crap my doctor's pushed on me, So don't think for one second I'm in love with the pharmaceutical companies. 7greeneyes has never been or never will be affiliated with any said pharmceutical megacorps...

:rant: over

We agree 7g :D.. .. some can "tout" their proximity w/ big pharma' if they like. "I" consider them the enemy, myself, and believe it is harming the industry, not helping it.
You sleep with dogs, you're gonna wake up with fleas...:)

Hick said:
We agree 7g :D.. .. some can "tout" their proximity w/ big pharma' if they like. "I" consider them the enemy, myself, and believe it is harming the industry, not helping it.
You sleep with dogs, you're gonna wake up with fleas...:)

I disagree with the part about selling and regulating like liquor stores. Give the govt that much and we'll not be allowed to grow, meaning we'll be at the mercy of the govt growers (not big pharm, that's not a concern...big business is though)! As long as we can get freedom to grow, I'm sure the world will be a happy place!!

Other than that...I mostly agree (the part about many just wanting to get high...yeah, I likes me dope, but without it, I'd be on pills and I don't care how much I can walk, ride, climb etc now, I know it's gonna come crashing to an end soon enough. If I were on pills, well, more health issues, chance of getting hooked on a damaging drug etc. There4 are degrees to ailments, some in more advanced stages than others. ;)

You sleep with dogs, you're gonna wake up with fleas...

You bet, Hick!

Roddy said:
Again, where do you see me applauding ANYTHING???? You don't, plain and simple.

And again, you simply put down, dismiss and pretend you know all...we're discussing MMJ here, Hal. The whole thread is about MMJ. Yet, every chance you get, we're back to the lawbreaking and how that's somehow good for ANY kind of marijuana acceptance.

I am talking about how it really is sir. You can argue with me all you want, but your information is coming from news agencies, not the folks that live here. I am just tryin' to explain to you what is really happening and the reasons behind it.
But, you allways assume that the news stories are more accurate, so believe what you want.
When it comes to my State....I do know.

I assume nothing and believe nothing, again with thinking you know what I feel, think, know etc. :rolleyes: But I tell you this, I (as well as a HUGE chunk of this world) do give a bit of credit to the news. Apparently you don't? All lies all the time?? China? Iran??

Really, doesn't much matter either way...this country is run by PERCEPTION. I know, I know, been there done that....but it seems a hard thing for some to understand.

Do you have an MMJ card, Hal?

Hal has been on the front of the Cali drug wars since I joined MJ and his view has shown to be on the money too many times for me to think he is wrong about the Cali scene. News papers and most new medias twist their stories to get the most ppl to read them. Most area new providers write their story dirrected at the ppl in their areas that will read them. If their story goes angainst the local ppl view them they loose readers and that is the last thing they want or will do. We got to local papers 1 Dem and 1 Rep they will run the same story with just a few works change to reflect the political party's view.

Hal is calling the article lies, basically saying the people want the 99...all the people. Tell me, do you truly believe this?? Because I certainly don't. In fact, many times Hal has been confronted with written evidence which he has dismissed each time...all those stories were lies?? However, I see Hal does believe the stuff written in MI news....or at least he put enough weight to it to not only post some, but to defend it.

I'm simply wondering what we can and can't believe in the papers/news these days..

Hal has been on the front of the Cali drug wars since I joined MJ and his view has shown to be on the money too many times for me to think he is wrong about the Cali scene

And I would guess Hal does have an idea what goes on in Cali, but I see he has a hard time with dealing with what other states see/hear/believe. Any time he is told other states are watching and learning from Cali, it's like it's a personal attack on him.

I like Hal, have no qualms with him at all....save his approach at some threads. I'm sure he feels the same with my approaches.

Comedy.

What you are not understanding is we don't really care what others think..Cali never has...and never will.
We have a different drummer, if you havn't allready figured that out. Not my doing bro, it is just the mentality of the State. It has been like this since the 60's.
When we do things, believe that we are not wondering "how will this effect MI?"

You might call this selfish. I call this fighting the system. What happens here will trickle down as other States catch up to us.
I know where you are coming from, you want us to be an "example" and have happy joy joy news coming from your TV about how Cali is really playing ball and following the "rules".
What I am telling you is the Game is still very new, and thier is no defined ruleset. General guidlines sure, but if we don't like them and will continue to push it. We made the rules anyway, not the Gov. The Goverment is just trying to get a handle on it.

Your State woes are just that, YOUR woes. We are not to blame.

Look at Colorado. They have, imo, the BEST set of MMJ laws in the land.
Fully regulated and they can blow it out. I am sure there are folks growing BIG in CO legally.CO is a good model in the way they handle cultivation. Maybe Hick can chime in.

The "Legal" scene here is EVER changing. The Industry is still growing. Though I must say that there has been a HUGE reduction of folks trying to break in, and many,many business failures. Every aspect of MMJ has had a business venture built around it. I would say 99.9% fail.

If you did your homework, you would find most MMJ Industry firsts happened here. THC/CBD/CBN testing being one big one. Just that issue right there has brought more "legitimacy" to MMJ then anything else.
You may not agree...yet, but that will be the norm in all states very quickly.

What pisses me off bro is everytime an negitive article comes out about cali, you are the first one to jump and say "AHA!" You would rather get your info from the news, then real folks. If you told me something about MI, I would believe you over a news story. Well....maybe not, your pretty........skewed in your interpretation of what this Industry is really about.

Free yourself my friend.....worry not what others think of you.

Roddy said:
I'm simply wondering what we can and can't believe in the papers/news these days..

About friggin' time!

Then maybe Cali should stop being the "MAVERICKS" for MMJ...stop screwing it up so? What's so comical is how you keep screaming you're a bunch of mavericks, then tell us our states should kiss you all's feet. Meanwhile the rest of us are busy trying to clean up your mess. BTW, you used to scream how everyone in Cali was obeying the law, now you're telling us screw the law.

NorCalHal said:
Comedy.

What you are not understanding is we don't really care what others think..Cali never has...and never will.
We have a different drummer, if you havn't allready figured that out. Not my doing bro, it is just the mentality of the State. It has been like this since the 60's.

You might call this selfish. I call this fighting the system. What happens here will trickle down as other States catch up to us.
I know where you are coming from, you want us to be an "example" and have happy joy joy news coming from your TV about how Cali is really playing ball and following the "rules".
What I am telling you is the Game is still very new, and thier is no defined ruleset. General guidlines sure, but if we don't like them and will continue to push it. We made the rules anyway, not the Gov. The Goverment is just trying to get a handle on it.

Your State woes are just that, YOUR woes. We are not to blame.

Look at Colorado. They have, imo, the BEST set of MMJ laws in the land.
Fully regulated and they can blow it out. I am sure there are folks growing BIG in CO legally.CO is a good model in the way they handle cultivation. Maybe Hick can chime in.

The "Legal" scene here is EVER changing. The Industry is still growing. Though I must say that there has been a HUGE reduction of folks trying to break in, and many,many business failures. Every aspect of MMJ has had a business venture built around it. I would say 99.9% fail.

If you did your homework, you would find most MMJ Industry firsts happened here. THC/CBD/CBN testing being one big one. Just that issue right there has brought more "legitimacy" to MMJ then anything else.
You may not agree...yet, but that will be the norm in all states very quickly.

What pisses me off bro is everytime an negitive article comes out about cali, you are the first one to jump and say "AHA!" You would rather get your info from the news, then real folks. If you told me something about MI, I would believe you over a news story. Well....maybe not, your pretty........skewed in your interpretation of what this Industry is really about.

Free yourself my friend.....worry not what others think of you.

Yeah, regardless if I merely agree with the post, post about something said in the post or whatever, it's all a personal attack on you and Cali. Then you go off for several posts pretending I am applauding something, or find some other way to make it me against Cali. Heaven forbid anyone says something negative about Cali.

What you don't seem to understand is that anything done in Cali, Oregon, Colorado etc etc DOES impact the rest of the states. So, while you're so proud of those breaking the laws while using MMJ as their shield, others might not be so happy happy, joy joy.

Roddy said:
Hal is calling the article lies, basically saying the people want the 99...all the people. Tell me, do you truly believe this??

Simple answer....Yes.
First off...we are talking about Mendo. If you ever smoked greenweed back in the 80's-90's....it most likely came from Mendo. This applys to all the states. Do you think the scene has changed since then? Multiply it by 1000.

imo, the reason they don't want high limits is it brings attention to an area known for National production. Duh.

Now, I can conceed for sure and absolutly say not everyone is behind it. Of course not. But if we are still talking about Mendo, you must understand that MJ production is, and has been a way of life for a long time.
I wish I could tell some of the things I've seen there, but Mendo is like Fight Club "Rule number 1, there is no Fight Club". 'Nuff said.

And yes sir, much respect..no hard feelings at all. I never hold grudges...for long. I just trip on your thinking.
Don't be butthurt about getting negetive feedback man, it's my prerogative, and I rather like that website feature. Feel free to leave me feedback too.

See what you made me do, I smoked a whole Sour D joint to my head while typing all this, now the Ole' Lady wants to go to Costco, there goes $500.
Haha.

I'll be back to belittle your comments later.

Hal, do you wonder why some aren't happy with Mendo? Could it be because it really is making it tough for the MMJ people to do what they voted to be able to do?

Is Mendo the only county allowing 99 plants?

I wouldn't leave a bad rep because of someone's beliefs, that's not how I see the function used. And trust me, I be tripping on your views too, my friend.

First off...we are talking about Mendo. If you ever smoked greenweed back in the 80's-90's....it most likely came from Mendo. This applys to all the states. Do you think the scene has changed since then? Multiply it by 1000.

Here's the problem, Hal, right here. Yep, Mendo surely has been producing some fine weed since waaaay back, no doubt. However, they were renegades and knew it from the start. Now, with MMJ as a loophole, many are getting their cards and then using MMJ as a shield.

Sure, it's bringing attention to Mendo, sure the people there are hating it. But so are others all across the states, my friend. While they hate it because it brings attention to their illegal activity, OTHERS hate it because they're screwing up MMJ.

If I complain about how your state handles something, you can bet it's because it trickles down to affecting me as well. Nowhere have I said that Cali wasn't a great state, the people there are all worthless...nowhere. Just commenting on SOME in the state...

NorCalHal said:
See what you made me do, I smoked a whole Sour D joint to my head while typing all this, now the Ole' Lady wants to go to Costco, there goes $500.
Haha.

I'll be back to belittle your comments later.

:rofl::rofl:

I got to disagree with you on the greenweeds coming from Cali around here most of it was grown here in WV or in Ohio or Kentucky and has been fr yrs. Same rules as fight club here too, we know who and what they grow and can tell most the time who grew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back