Merry Jane News: 8/15/19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
Feds Continue to Waste Money on Busts | Man Is Deported After Mailing Product | MERRY JANE NEWS

MERRY JANE

Published on Aug 16, 2019
Subscribe to the MERRY JANE Newsletter for the latest video releases and everything cannabis: https://goo.gl/Yc7jSN

1. Why Did the Feds Spend More on Weed Busts Than Fighting Domestic Terrorism?

Political leaders continue warning of the threats posed by immigrants and religious minorities, but right-wing extremists born on US soil have been responsible for launching more attacks and killing more Americans than foreign terrorists have for almost two decades now.

Yet, as the number of deadly assaults increase, the political name administration has cut funding for government agencies created to fight domestic terrorism. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has drastically decreased funding and staff dedicated to fighting deadly homegrown extremism, in favor of ramping up its anti-immigration efforts.

“This administration has shown that they are minimizing the issue of domestic terrorism,” said former DHS analyst Daryl Johnson to VICE News. “At a time when we have heightened activity and the body count keeps rising, training is being defunded and grant money taken back.”

2. Mailing Weed Got This Father Permanently Deported From the US

A Wisconsin man has been permanently separated from his wife and newborn child because he was caught transporting cannabis.

Sothy Kum lived in Wisconsin since he was two years old. In 2017, he called his wife, Lisa, to come pick him up from an immigration detention center in Chicago, where he was being held because of possession and intent to deliver charges from three years earlier.

As Lisa was driving from their home in Wisconsin to retrieve him in Illinois, she received a second call from Sothy. This time, her husband informed her that immigration officials made a mistake, and he would not be released. Instead, he was permanently deported back to Cambodia, a country he knew little about.

“I thought I was going to get him to bring him home, only to be told ‘Sorry I will never come home,’” Lisa Kum told the Chicago Tribune. “That was a hard drive to come back.”

Marijuana was recently legalized for recreational use in Illinois, but it’s still completely outlawed in Wisconsin. And regardless of state laws, marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any violation of federal laws, no matter how minor or inconsequential, can result in any immigrant — undocumented or otherwise — being deported from the US. Even working in a state-legal cannabis industry can result in citizenship denial or deportation.

In 2014, a postal employee discovered marijuana in a parcel box sent by Sothy. Sothy told the court he was shipping the weed for some extra cash to support his small printing business. He didn’t serve any prison time then, but he was placed on probation for three years.

At the end of 2015, police found marijuana at the site of his business. He said it wasn’t his, and that someone else left it there, but the authorities considered it a violation of his probation. A judge sentenced him to a year in prison. During his prison stint, his baby daughter was born.

Sothy was released from prison in December 2016, but then ICE got a hold of him. They sent him to a detention center for an additional seven months. After he was released (again), he returned home in August 2017, long enough to marry his wife at their daughter’s first birthday party, but not long enough to enjoy a happily-ever-after.

ICE grabbed him again in December 2017. It was the last time his daughter and his wife saw him.

“I have a hard time talking about this day, I try not to get emotional when I talk about it, but it was the last day he was ever home,” Lisa said. “That was Friday morning. We were ready for work, and there was a knock on the door. I saw the black SUVs out there, and I knew it.”

The political name Administration has taken a hardline approach to immigration enforcement since the president took office. And they haven’t been afraid to exploit America’s long-failed War on Drugs to do so.

In 2017, then Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly parroted drug-warrior talking points for justifying mass deportations. “Let me be clear about marijuana,” Kelly said during a speech. “It is a potentially dangerous gateway drug that frequently leads to the use of harder drugs. Additionally, science tells us that it is not only psychologically addictive but can also have profound negative impact on the still developing brains of teens and up through the early twenties.”

Read the Full Breakdown of this only on MERRY JANE:
https://merryjane.com

Why Did the Feds Spend More on Weed Busts Than Fighting Domestic Terrorism?

WHY YOU SAY?
I will tell you why because they because our own government wanna protect there big non-curable drugs and pharmaceutical companies so they can gett all there kickbacks on our taxes and because like in for 60's and 70's and the flower power erea they knew that marijuana was a medical merical for curing sickness of all kinds so after butt hole Nixon outlawing marijuana use. The whole legal weed went down hill ever since then and our own government wanted to keep weed illegal because they saw it as a threat to the governments pharmaceutical companies tax kickbacks in huge profits.

This is what my dad told me before his passing in 2011 and what he heard from all of his old nam war buddies.

Either way marijuana should be 110% legal in all 50 states like it use to be before butt hole Nixon got into office and wanted to stick it to the blacks and hippies as his call out card to side track people with his water gate scandals. My dad told me this and you wanna know what?
He was right about it!

Latest posts

Back