Metal Halide, is it even worth it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrOysterhead

Mr Oysterhead
Reaction score
I just bought a HPS / Metal halide switchable ballast light system and reflector, im planning Vegging my plants the rest of the way under MH, and flower under HPS, but i hear everyone just using HPS for vegg & flowering

should i just use the HPS

MrOysterhead said:
I just bought a HPS / Metal halide switchable ballast light system and reflector, im planning Vegging my plants the rest of the way under MH, and flower under HPS, but i hear everyone just using HPS for vegg & flowering

should i just use the HPS
Well i would look at it this way. MH has the correct spectrum of light for vegging where as the HPS has the correct spectrum for flower. You could use either but IMHO i would go with the MH. ;)

Personally, I like the HPS through the entire grow. Each will have his/her own opinion...its what works for you.

I think ppl just use the HPS because they are gonna have one anyways for blooming.... and they work so damn well in veg neways.... And... are cheaper to run then MH

Latest posts

Back