metal hallide vs hps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wikkedsun

Reaction score
i was wondering if i should veg with metal hallide lights and then flowering with hps. i usually veg and flower with a hps light changing from 400 -600-1000 watt as the plant gets bigger. is there anything beneficial to using metal ahllide for vegging?

wikkedsun said:
i was wondering if i should veg with metal hallide lights and then flowering with hps. i usually veg and flower with a hps light changing from 400 -600-1000 watt as the plant gets bigger. is there anything beneficial to using metal ahllide for vegging?

The blue spectrum of MH is best for vegg.

Can plants be flowered and vegged entirely with Metal Halide tho? I thought I bought a conversion ballast, but I guess not. It will be a while till I need to worry about buying a HPS system anyways.

Mr.Unsleep said:
Can plants be flowered and vegged entirely with Metal Halide tho? I thought I bought a conversion ballast, but I guess not. It will be a while till I need to worry about buying a HPS system anyways.
Absolutely...hps has the ..preferred spectrum, but mh will ."gitter dunnnnnnnnn"...

Latest posts

Back