Mg deficiency?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greengal

Reaction score
Hey guys I have some kind of deficiency going on (unless it’s nute burn?) and I’m leaning towards a magnesium deficiency. I use calMag each watering and feeding and I read that usually mg is present in the soil but the soil is sometimes too acidic for the plant to uptake it. I usually aim for a 6.0-6.5ph when I water or feed. My well water is basic. I’m thinking of flushing out the pots without adjusting my waters ph thinking it’ll bring the ph up a bit and then feeding with a calMag and bloom ratio with ph adjusted water, I just switched to flower today. Thoughts? Thanks!

Attachments

• 9E29BA8C-DF4A-44A0-BF9F-166AD7C2190E.jpeg
    9E29BA8C-DF4A-44A0-BF9F-166AD7C2190E.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 62B203AB-EDAB-433B-A03D-CFC008C6FCF3.jpeg
    62B203AB-EDAB-433B-A03D-CFC008C6FCF3.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 2760BEBD-A578-4095-8250-6382F83753A8.jpeg
    2760BEBD-A578-4095-8250-6382F83753A8.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 14
  • DEE81E3C-D45F-40EE-96BC-D58BF752B130.jpeg
    DEE81E3C-D45F-40EE-96BC-D58BF752B130.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 18
How much cal/mag are you giving your plants. i give 7 1/2 mil every time I feed/water. Looks like a lock out of some sort. But, with what you said things shold be fine. Cut all the infected leaves out as they won't recover. I would flush, adjust ph to 6.0 to 6.5. Good luck.

Not a pH person but it seems a lot of folks on here have seen that and I think they checked the run off pH and it was low which indicates the soil is acidic. I think @SubmarineGirl might be better at explaining what she did.

How much cal/mag are you giving your plants. i give 7 1/2 mil every time I feed/water. Looks like a lock out of some sort. But, with what you said things shold be fine. Cut all the infected leaves out as they won't recover. I would flush, adjust ph to 6.0 to 6.5. Good luck.
I give 5ml/gal and give each plant the whole gal

That should be fine so something else is the culprit. Has this happened before?
I noticed it a couple weeks ago but just on one plant and a couple leaves, i thought it was nute burn at first, now it’s on 3 plants and more than just a few leaves

Hey GG. Have you been taking your PH runoff? It’s probably off high or low Out of the range where your plant can’t take in the CalMag. Mine recently was low. I would flush like Pute said but make sure you are flushing with an appropriate ph water to accommodate your ending PH run off of 6.0 to 6.5.

Hey GG. Have you been taking your PH runoff? It’s probably off high or low Out of the range where your plant can’t take in the CalMag. Mine recently was low. I would flush like Pute said but make sure you are flushing with an appropriate ph water to accommodate your ending PH run off of 6.0 to 6.5.
I usually don’t get any run off when I water. My well water is around a 7-7.5 you think if I flushed with that then finished with a gallon of 6 ph that’d be fine?

I usually don’t get any run off when I water. My well water is around a 7-7.5 you think if I flushed with that then finished with a gallon of 6 ph that’d be fine?
It would depend on your current PH out not in what to flush with. I don’t really understand your setup and how you are unable to get runoff

It would depend on your current PH out not in what to flush with. I don’t really understand your setup and how you are unable to get runoff
I water 1-2 times a week with a gallon of water when the soil is dry which ends up being 1-2 waterings a week, and no run off comes out the bottom. The well water I use is around neutral but I use ph down to get it about a 6 when I water/feed. I noticed when I leave my well water to sit for a few days it becomes basic. I’m using hp promix

I water 1-2 times a week with a gallon of water when the soil is dry which ends up being 1-2 waterings a week, and no run off comes out the bottom. The well water I use is around neutral but I use ph down to get it about a 6 when I water/feed. I noticed when I leave my well water to sit for a few days it becomes basic. I’m using hp promix
If you continued to water would water eventually exit your plant? And if so to you have a means of capturing some of it to test? If not, maybe you could test your soil For ph like a slushy test?
Also, how would you flush your plant if you needed to?

Latest posts

Back