MH Bulb Failure?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prospector

Card Holder
Reaction score
My horizontally oriented 250 watt MH bulb (near new) has a wafer thin, circular disk laying loosely on the glass.
Has anyone experienced something like this? It still lights-up but I don't know where it came from unless the Metal part separated from the halide gas. It is black like carbon, about a half inch in diameter and almost paper thin.
If it is defective then I may be able to exchange it.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Exchange it. Unsafe to use defective bulbs. The disc connects to the end of the thingy inside. Type of heat shield I'm guessing I don't know inner workings of bulbs

I just pulled the bulb out to have another look and what was a thin, irregular edge disk, is now black powder! It must have broken up when I pulled the bulb. There is a wire sticking out of the end of the inside workings, just out of the butterfly shaped center piece.

It appears that it came from elsewhere, perhaps from the gases. It appears to be carbon particles, flat black in color.

Update: I just contacted the seller and have Amazon's A-Z guarantee if the seller refuses to cooperate, Im still in the warrenty period.

Latest posts

Back