MI: Marijuana dispensaries sued

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Roddy you are wrong again. What I stated is what your law allows.

If it's easier for you to pretend you haven't a clue the difference between a caregiver and a dispensary, I'll definitely be the bigger man, once again.

Have a very good day there, my friend!!

I know the difference.

Why don't you just man up and admit you are wrong and do not know your own state laws?

Roddy it looks to me like you need to set down with someone and have them explain your state laws to you

I'm seriously all ears, ozzy. I'm a caregiver, I have 3 patients currently, I am allowed up to 5. I am not considered a dispensary. What am I missing?? I am licensed by the state for each patient as outlined in the law I posted. I had to clear a processing to be made caregiver for each patient.

A dispensary is a place any card member can enter and buy their meds....no need to be issued to the person as being their patient. I know people who aren't even caregivers who own dispensaries, just cardholders themselves.

The way your state laws are written the "dispensaries" are illegal and those people running them are just drug dealers trying to get by, by saying their caregivers.

Please show me where it sdays that in the laws, I have seen nothing saying that....I am a caregiver licensed, I don't only say it, the state does.

There is no provision allowing dispensaries in the law so they are illegal

There is no wording in there about dispensaries...period. Which is exactly what I've said all along.

(b) A primary caregiver who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process with the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the primary caregiver possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed:

(1) 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana for each qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process; and

(2) for each registered qualifying patient who has specified that the primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility; and

(3) any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots.

So let me see if I got this right.

According to this article, The sales and the opening of any dispensaries has been illegal since the passing of the mmma laws in MI, but they knowingly did it anyways.

No PC, You are correct.

Again, Roddy has to point it all back to Cali. This has nothing to do with Cali.

I was just suprised to read this. I thought MI folks did no wrong, as they had other States "mistakes" to NOT follow.

Right here is where the whole argument starts....duck feigning we would be so brass, Hal pretending it's true...when a short while back, Hal himself posted the beginning of Cali's laws and stated the "mavericks" didn't have wording in their law for distribution "what did we know".

Now, it's not in MI's law either....again, as I said, we followed Cali's lead.

If there's something I'm missing, I'm truly sorry.

There is nothing in the MMMA that permits dispensaries(they HAVE to be address in tthe letters of law to be legal) so they are illegal and the people operating them are doing nothing but breaking the law. Til there are laws passed that either allow them or ban them completely LEO will continue to bust them, they are just inforcing existing laws against marijuana

There aren't any busts going on to my knowledge...not a one around me at all. In fact, the article mentioned 3 dispensaries, which had sold to undercover cops etc. My thought is they are waiting to find out what the state supreme court thinks...

ozzydiodude said:
Roddy it looks to me like you need to set down with someone and have them explain your state laws to you

I do understand the law quite well. We don't have language for dispensaries, this does not make caregivers illegal. Being a caregiver does not make one a dispensary.

I'm hoping this is where one of our (MI) big guys jumps in and brings us "bill 420".....personally! ;) Kinda why I asked who brought it in for Cali a thread or 4 back! :) Thanks for a rational conversation, ozzy!! Much more fun to participate in!!

And I'll say this (although I'm sure it'll start another argument, but it's true), I fear we'll have a rough go since we've already seen how the collective deal has worked out in the past.

Roddy said:
I do understand the law quite well. We don't have language for dispensaries, this does not make caregivers illegal. Being a caregiver does not make one a dispensary.

Roddy said:
Just so you understand, btw, dispensaries are what we're talking about....not caregivers.

We were talking about dispensaries:doh:

This is who the law protects from prosecution and only if they follow the rules.

Section 333.26424 of the MI MMMA said:
4. Protections for the Medical Use of Marihuana.

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount.

(b) A primary caregiver who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process with the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the primary caregiver possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed:

(1) 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana for each qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process; and

(2) for each registered qualifying patient who has specified that the primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility; and

(3) any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots.

Any other person or business is not protected from prosecution

Now do you comprehend?

Again, THANKS for the great conversation, Ozzy, this is obviously where I need to hop back out!!

Have fun!

Roddy said:
this is obviously where I need to hop back out!!

That is the most intelligent thing you have said so far in this discussion

It's sad, Sad Roddy can't take responsibility for his own State and has to point at others. What is Sadder, is he actually knows Dispensary operators and hangs out with the Criminal element.

HemperFi said:
If you want to smoke weed legally, you are going to have to pass laws that make weed legal -- IMO this whole MMJ thing has been a mistake.

I hear ya Hemper, and I was of the same thoughts a few years back.
Then I woke up. I realized that it is here to stay, and it is never going to go the other way.
Your an old cat, so you should know about NORML. They have been trying for years to get MJ laws changed, to NO AVAIL.
MMJ was the only option to get laws on the books to protect people from prosecution. That is the whole thing bro, to protect folks from prosecution.

Sure, in a perfect world, MJ would have never been Illegal, but, it is.
I am thankful that my State has laws on the books to protect us, and I would think that other tokers would be all for it, but some just hate.

Don't get me wrong Hal, I think what you-all have done in Cali is a good start. You people have made a lot of folks realize that weed can be benificial as medicine, and you have done a lot in dispelling the myth that weed is evil. The next step is going to be difficult though because this loophole in the law you have created using MMJ as your vehicle to be able to smoke without fear of prosecution is being taken advantage of big time. The conservatives see what is going on, and there are many more of them than there are weed smokers. You-all past a "medical" marijuana law, but are acting and behaving as though weed has been legalized. It hasn't been legalized, and by opening thousands of dispenceries and issuing cards to anyone who wants to smoke weed, you have doomed the movement. It is only a matter of time... JMHO

peace

Some in Cali say their mavericks....even admit merrily they're breaking the law for change. We're going to court and working the system legally, and I'm hanging with criminals?? Or did you forget we're taking the matter to the higher courts to decide???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back