Microscope Recommendation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamondJim420

Reaction score
What kind and strength microscope do you use to examine trichomes? I bought one on Amazon that I can't get to work.

Use my camera set on macro and a jewelers loupe I got off ebay for bout 3 bucks use together works well enough for me cheap too!

BWD

My examples aint to best but yual get the idea takes some practice but can get some good shots and idea were they be in readyness.

BWD

RADIO shack has one for under $20.00. EDIT: Eyeclops is pretty dam cool tho, I myself wanna get a eyeclops...just haven't gotten around to it yet...lol...

:rofl: i'be been calling it triclops...:rolleyes:...*sigh*

I bought one them eyeclops thing me do dads aint worth the plastic be made from and she be harder to dial in then pullin spikes from a porcupine. Just me opinion cause the thing burnt good made blue green flames as she went up.

BWD

Unless you hve cash to burn I wld just look for a cheap one on eBay...a Cpl of us got them for like 3 bucks shipped. I spent the money on a radio shack one and use the 3 dollar one. Jmo

this is the best one I have come across.

Dman, are you the one that told me about this one. I do love it.

I think it was 7 dollars w/ shipping. DSCF1390.JPG

^^^That's the one I have too. Was like $3 off ebay. Only bad thing is it came from overseas so it took a while to actually receive it.

Yeah Rose that's the one I hve from ebay...3 bucks shipped and I like it way better then the more expensive radio shack one.

ston-loc said:
^^^That's the one I have too. Was like $3 off ebay. Only bad thing is it came from overseas so it took a while to actually receive it.

:yeahthat:
Yeah I think it came from China and I waited a bit for it.

Dan K. Liberty said:
Although I have never taken pics of my plants, I've used a 14x jewelers loop for years, plenty strong enough to judge the maturity of trichomes

The 30x that BWD has is really nice . . . and so are his pics !! I would put that stuff in my pouch anyday man, looking great !!

My favorite hydro store has a $12.00 hand-held 100x lighted microscope with case I'm thinking about getting - this thing must be strong enough to conduct an accurate cannabinoid analysis lol

hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/active-eye-microscope-100x-p-3327.html

no doubt, you have the passion :48:

Thankin ya Dan K glad yual like it be sharin with yual too ifin yu were realy to settin by me fire. I think nows yual are mentionin it the loupe I buy was from ebay and it was shipped from china as well came cross seas on a slow canoe fur sure took couple weeks gettin here but was only a couple bucks in total well worth the wait does all I needs it to. Good luck with yur choice partner lots good ideas and direction comin from these good folk yu wont go wrong.

BWD

I also have the one that Rosebud has. Also have a USB one that gives 200x. And it takes pics ;)

I like using anything that has a 30x magnification. I have found that is the easiest for me to see the trics.

I like the jewelers' loupes over the microscopes as it is easier to me to be able to get up to a plant and take a good look at different buds without having to clip leaves.

Hey BWD, brother you don't give yerself enough credit for those pics. Those are really cool, especially seeing that you did that pretty much free handed. :)

I use this 30x microscope, works great. Has REAL Bausch & Lomb glass optics...zero distortion edge to edge. Very clear & sharp, the notched clear acrylic base holds the bud in place while you view it :) And it allows maximum light to stay on the bud....no shadowing problems.

Great for indoors, tad bulky for outdoor travel...I use a tool holder pouch, to carry it in the woods. I paid about $60 US for mine...it's listed for $37-$50 on line now.

Specs:
Carson MagniScope - MA-30

The MA-30 MagniScope from Carson Optical is the most unusual and useful magnifying instruments ever offered. Two components combine to create three different optical devices... an 8x20mm Monocular, 3x power stand Magnifier, and when threaded together, a precision 30x portable Microscope.

Model Number: MA-30
Magnification: 3x / 8x / 30x
Weight: 4 oz.
Dimensions: 7" x 2" x 2"
Batteries: No
MSR: 80

136894.jpg

Hushpuppy said:
I like the jewelers' loupes over the microscopes as it is easier to me to be able to get up to a plant and take a good look at different buds without having to clip leaves.

Hey BWD, brother you don't give yerself enough credit for those pics. Those are really cool, especially seeing that you did that pretty much free handed. :)

Thank ya HushPuppy my friend for the kind words. I like to think me hands are still steady as they need be for aimin and pullin trigger time to time to with gun rather then camera. But yual right I was quite amazed how they turn out once yual put them into paint for edit they show a world of glisening wonder and beauty fur sure! Loupe and camera set to macro steady eye and hand be all yu need and quite cheap too! Thanks gain for settin fireside.

BWD

I used to break out the DSLR, but since the iphone 4s...No need...

hxtp://www.420science.com/800x-USB-Microscope

the best IMO, i got the older 200x model though for $50, what i took the trich and bud closeups with in my journal

PuffinNugs said:
hxtp://www.420science.com/800x-USB-Microscope

the best IMO, i got the older 200x model though for $50, what i took the trich and bud closeups with in my journal

Does it have to be connected to a PC USB port to take pictures or look at magnified trichomes?

yes...but if you got to the left side of the page they also have the normal "radioshack" type ones, they are called 420 scopes there.

coupon code "thanks" for 10% more off ;)

Latest posts

Back