might be the dumbest question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldsman

Reaction score
How does everyone measure their nutes?What do you use to measure it with is what I'm really asking.I am trying to use standard measuring spoon and spill as much as I measure it seems trying to pour from a quart bottle into a teaspoon.I was giving cough medicine to my kids and as I poured 2 tsp into the cup that was included I wondered if these were accurate enough for measuring nutes.I mean we use them to measure our medicine so they should be fairly accurate right?Does anyone use these?Am I a day late on this idea?It would be alot easier to use and I could measure upto 4 tsp at a time.I have a cup that measures 1,1.5,2,2.5,3,4 tsp,will this be close enough to accurate to use?

I have a great big syringe.Works great. You can get them at paint stores that carry wallcovering tools. They are used to fix bubbles in Wallcovering. They look like something that would be used on a Horse.

Is that for transfering it to the measuring device or you use that for measuring?

I would have to question the accuracy of something like that.I mean does the syringe have to be that accurately marked for injecting glue under the air bubble in wall paper?

i use measuring spoons to measure how much each capful from the bottle of nute holds each caps holds a different amount then just mark it on the bottle and drop capfuls of nutes into the water its much easyer

I use a 60cc syringe made for horses. Bought at TSC

Syringe as well. Hose for bottom of bottle is great too.

Various sizes for different amounts.

Those plastic medicine cups are accurate of course, maybe that would work better for you.

Thanks guys/gals.I think I'll check on them syringes.Sounds like that may solve my spillage problem.Give me a joint and a little time and I'm sure to ask more dumb stuff!

Like I said Rose give me a joint and some time.My mind is full of dumb stuff,lol.

I use a basic measuring cup you would use for medicine. Accurate and very easy to use but I do have syringes I have used also but for me i think the measuring cup is a little easier and faster. jmo

Thanks alot KP!Everyone is syringe,syringe,syringe then you up and agree with my original idea !My head hurts now,I need a joint,lol

I find the syringe method works the quickest and best for my set up. I generally mix up 3 gallons on feed for flower and 2 for Veg at a time. For Flower that winds up being 30 ml of Micro, 15 ml of Grow and 45 ml of Bloom. With a 10 cc syringe I can add that pretty quick and no mess. Try a couple different methods and see what one works best for you oldsman.

I like a larger syringe. I have a 60 ml one that I am quite happy with.

oldsman said:
I would have to question the accuracy of something like that.I mean does the syringe have to be that accurately marked for injecting glue under the air bubble in wall paper?

NAh these arnt made for glue,,its just that they work well,,so Paint Stores started carring them for guys like me. I like Syrenges,,no mess and quick and easy to use.:hubba:

Syringe here also for flower nutes, for liquids like ph up and down and cal/mag i use these, squirt into a measuring spoon.

001.JPG

Latest posts

Back