Milky trichomes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I assume that when most trichomes have become opaque, it is time to stop feeding and give water only?

Also, any info about how soon amber follows white?
So much is strain dependent along with growing conditions and style dependent. Some feed up until harvest. I haven’t tried it but I am this grow. Makes sense to feed the plants so they grow. I think @bigsur51 had a sensible argument: plants only eat as much as they need. If you give them extra, they probably won’t absorb any more. It will just stay in the soil. If you are concerned, maybe back the nute dosage down a bit.

If you are seeing cloudy trichomes, just keep an eye on them for amber trichs. I had one strain that after 14 weeks I chopped them even though they had no amber(very sativa dominant strain). Wish I had let it go longer but it was still awesome smoke.

Can I assume that when most trichomes have become opaque, it is time to stop feeding and give water only?

Also, any info about how soon amber follows white?

to feed or not to feed , that is the question

here is my suggestion if you have the luxury

harvest your plant in the various stages of clear , opaque , and amber…..dry and cure them and then conduct your own smoke testes to see what you like the best

take two identical plants , feed one plant all the way to harvest , stop feeding the other plant and only give it water the last two weeks before harvest

then harvest the plants and do all your comparisons and come to your own conclusion on the specific strandivar that you are growing

always keep in mind that every cannabis plant is different and your results will also be different

to feed or not to feed , that is the question

here is my suggestion if you have the luxury

harvest your plant in the various stages of clear , opaque , and amber…..dry and cure them and then conduct your own smoke testes to see what you like the best

take two identical plants , feed one plant all the way to harvest , stop feeding the other plant and only give it water the last two weeks before harvest

then harvest the plants and do all your comparisons and come to your own conclusion on the specific strandivar that you are growing

always keep in mind that every cannabis plant is different and your results will also be different
Thats a good idea! Thanks

Had an acquaintance that had a crop just about ready to hack. He got called out of town on a family emergency. By the time he'd gotten back, his trics had all turned amber. He gave me an ounce.

Best to smoke it outside. If the house had of caught fire, I'd be dead. Took my legs out from under me. Couldn't find my ass with both hands. By the time I was coming down, my bladder was screaming for relief. Couldn't even walk to the toilet.

Had an acquaintance that had a crop just about ready to hack. He got called out of town on a family emergency. By the time he'd gotten back, his trics had all turned amber. He gave me an ounce.

Best to smoke it outside. If the house had of caught fire, I'd be dead. Took my legs out from under me. Couldn't find my ass with both hands. By the time I was coming down, my bladder was screaming for relief. Couldn't even walk to the toilet.
Ha! Would you characterize it as a good experience given that you survived?

Is that what we smoked when we went camping? Woke up with my ass hurting. You said i fell down the creek bank. Lying fker :eek:😁

Yeah but this time I'm bringing my own sleeping bag. Im not falling for that" Im cold can we snuggle" crap. 😁
1663619879500.gif

Those aren’t pillows…

M-2 question photo one: What's up with the leaves: too much or not enough of somethin?

1663629778632.png

Second picture: after harvest; left some buds on in case I ever want to share your experience.

1663629800251.png

Third picture: the harvest

1663629821064.png

No heat or light my friend. Those things mess with potency.

Pix for display only; they are hung up in a dark shed with a fan on low that is wafting a gentle breeze their way every so often.
Thank you for your concern!!

Latest posts

Back