Miracle Gro Loves Medical Marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drfting07

Don't panic it's Organic!
Reaction score
From East Coast Marijuana dot Net

Miracle Gro Loves Medical Marijuana

Its no secret that in the states where medical marijuana is legal there has been a steep incline in the amount of hydroponic supply stores. But did we all forget about a few of the biggest suppliers of lawn and garden products like The Home Depot, Lowes, Wal-Mart and K-mart?

You can find many miracle-gro products at each of the stores and they are most likely less expensive then the high end hydroponic brands. I think every grower started off using some form of miracle gro’s products but quickly upgrade to choices like fox farm, pro-mix, canna etc.

Most seasoned and professional growers would agree that using miracle-gro is a newb technique and should be avoided because it has a reputation for being a mass produced economy product. But what if it focused on making an elite line of products aimed at medical marijuana growers? Would they have a niche? ”
“I want to target the pot market,” Scotts Miracle-Gro Company CEO Jim Hagedorn said to the Wall Street Journal.

With the medical marijuana industry predicted to hit 1.7 billion dollars this year it is no wonder why Mr. Hagedorn would want to break into the market.
With only 16 states having passed the medical marijuana law so far, the niche is still young and could be taken advantage of if marketed properly, surely they would generate revenue in the niche on the cost factor alone (if they don’t already).

On the other hand this could be a brave move for the company. For one thing they have a very family/department store type reputation, how would selling pot growing supplies effect that? Would their normal suppliers like wal-mart even carry those types of products? And how much would be spent on research, development and marketing in a venture like this? In many states the medical marijuana laws are still on shaky ground. It could be a risk and will be interesting to see what plays out in the following months.
Would you buy marijuana growing supplies from Miracle-Gro?

Nope..........

Corporations in it for money is the last things on my shopping list. I'll pay more for a small companies product before a big biz Co. Not just mj related. My political stance in general...

Big market with millions of newbies to learn that the MG soils are not for growing MJ. But you know MG will find a spokesman that all the newbies will lesson to til they find true teacher to enlighten them

Too bad TBG doesn't come around anymore. If I remember right he did well with MG... Or he was just full of shiz.. :p

TBG- I miss y'all.

You can and a few ppl do "do alright" its just that the nutes are aimed more at the flowers and garden vegges. When you stey up to the nutes and soil mixes aimed at growing mj you see big differences in the plant s health and budage

I do fantastic with MG on me Autos. Regs its usually a bit to harsh.
Can pull 40g off a Auto no sweat. Which is better than most average with them.
White Siberian didnt like the MG for the first few weeks. But late in flower it really seemed to enjoy it. But me Jack hated it and had to rescue her from it.

Im glad MG is looking into working with such a product. Id buy their stuff nonstop. They got the money and an entire science research brigade to tackle it and put out a product better than others.

SmokinMom said:
Too bad TBG doesn't come around anymore. If I remember right he did well with MG... Or he was just full of shiz.. :p

TBG- I miss y'all.

I miss them dearly as well!

My northern lights auto was in mg soil all its lifw, pulled 3 Zips dried

I remember puffin nugs use to pull some serious dank wuth mg soil as well... where did he go anyway :(

If MG would get into the mj market. The price of mj ferts would drop tremendously.

A grower can use Mg they just need to know how to use it. :ignore:

I am all for big business sticking their noses in, competition brings prices down all around...and hey, maybe they'll even get it right with the soils and nutes they make!

Win/win....imho

pcduck said:
If MG would get into the mj market. The price of mj ferts would drop tremendously.

A grower can use Mg they just need to know how to use it. :ignore:

Yes, agreed!

Well I remeber a few years ago when nike wanted to bust into the skate shoe dept. A lot of people gave them crap. Saying skaters who turned to them were selling out cause it was such a big company, but the truth was they had tons of money to throw into testing and building very tough, shock absorbing, long lasting skate shoes. And IMO. There the best on the market. So maybe Miracle gro could have similar results :)

IMO, the title to the thread should have been: Miracle Gro loves Money. I don't think Miracle Gro cares at all about medical marijuana in any way except what they can make from it--it's all about the bucks.

I'm guessing the big box stores (wally world etc) will sooner or later come to the same conclusion as MG did and realize there's big money to be made selling what we want. This too will be a good thing since we all know the hydro stores are seriously overpriced and making a killing off unsuspecting customers.

i'll try to never buy anything from mg or any company like them(scotts).they cant change there image in my eyes, no different then big pharma imo....peace

Yes, it is all about the bucks, but that is what any for profit business is in it for. The difference begins when greed begins to take over.

brimck325 said:
i'll try to never buy anything from mg or any company like them(scotts).they cant change there image in my eyes, no different then big pharma imo....peace

Do you suppose it's any different with any of the hydro nute/soil companies we currently accept and even endorse here??? In my opinion, many of these companies are worse, they charge ridiculous prices knowing they'll get away with it because us growers worship them.

Everyone is in it for the money....

This is merely my humble opinion and is not meant to spark a nuke meltdown! :)

Does Advanced Nutrients ring a bell for anyone? I would try their soil, but limitations will probably keep these MJ soils and nutrients off the shelves in non-medical marijuana states. I doubt ill see it any time soon in VA.

brimck325 said:

Whats their image? That they actually create American jobs unlike most companies? Allow a good extra 1000 American families the ability to put food on the table cause of a whole new division? Allow growers a more affordable product while at it?

Just because a company isnt mainstream. Doesnt mean he isnt price gauging (which they are). And doesnt mean he doesnt have a yacht at the marina, bentley in the drive way, all the while employing illegals.

Latest posts

Back