Miracle-Gro Organic Choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bark pieces hinder root growth SO damn much. I did a test... One was in generic top soil for 3 bucks and one was miracle grow. The bark and other chunks of stuff in the miracle grow hinder growth cause it makes it hards for roots to grow. I use promix now... its so awesome! XD

i know this is a few months old but i figured i'd add my .02 cents on the subject. MGOC is fine if you do a couple of things before planting. i use a mix of MGOC, perlite and peat moss.
first things first. dump the bag a bit at a time into a large bucket and sift through it with your fingers. get out all the bark pieces, rocks and basically anything you can't mash when you squeeze it between your fingers.
take a small cup (i use the kind that those individual sized apple sauces come in) and put into a separate bucket; 2 cups perlite, 2 cups peat moss and 3 cups soil. then mix throughly with your hand be sure to get it all mixed up well (i.e. no patches of just soil or peat). repeat until you have enough for your pots, or whatever container you use. do not forget to wash your hands throughly before touching you face or mouth, you don't want to have that stuff inside you :D

this method takes an 'okay' soil and makes it a lot better....or you could just buy some of the FF stuff :p

I have been using the MircleGro Moister Control because the N is higher then the P. My seeds sprouted out dark green compared to my friend seedlings.

I just reciently transplanted my babies using Fox Farms Ocen Forest soil. Fox texture is a lot better then MircleGro

KGB

I switched from MircleGrow to Fox Farms Ocean Forest I am telling just for thoughts my plants are growing crazy with it.

Used MG organic too and I didnt like it nor did my plants. Growth was slow, probably because of those giant bark pieces. MG organic is now sitting in my garage.

I tried some MGO in my legal container gardens and it's horrible, slow growth and the food in it already is weak as hell. I am dissapointed as usual with MG.

im a newbie starting out and need info on what soil to use/ thanks for all the friendly help.420always to the head........

can you explain the best way to feed my girls.im still learning and the best way to do organic growing for medicinal perposes...

Miracle its not ! Got a Bag of miraclegrow organic choice for free just to try out and i just got to say that this stuff is 100% GARBAGE! cracked 10 beans ina glass of water(cracked in 24hours)than dropped them into some OC with a good watering...and instead of them coming up nice and strong within 24hrs it is now 5 days later and nothing.
MGOC does not drain or drain evenly at all..it forms crusts on top layer of soil and it has nothing in the mix to aerate or break up the mix. it mite do alot better with a ton perlite added but im not wasting any more time on anything made by MG.!

nothing has come close to:
PROMIX BX or HP
WORMCASTINGS
X PERLITE
BLOOD/BONE
LYME

mgoc SUCKS! just started bubblelicious grow 4 wks this fri & had to trans plant b/c crap was burning the hell out of them. mix was 25% mgoc,50% peat & 25% perlite. was on vacation & wife desided to surprise me & repot em into pure peat moss !!!:holysheep: yeah cooked even more, surpised me she did! i found nursery close by selling pro mix bx w/ mychorise for $26 a bale!! transplanted for 2nd time & hopefully will bounce back. sorry for ranting but had to get of my chest.:ignore:

I grow with MGOC. Its been perfect so far. I transplanted into it from MG chemical. I have not had any of the problems you guys talk about. Growth is fine, PH is perfect.

I mix mine 2 parts MGOC and 1 part perlite. Holds water just fine.

Since every single growers growing environment is different in every way shape and form I can only summize that MGOC does just fine in certain conditions. For anyone to say its complete garbage is just plain unfounded.

Theres no doubt that FFOF is top notch but that may not be available in everyones location, such as mine. Personally I think that MGOC is da bomb because my girl has gone through alot and this medium not only bounced her back but made her thrive.

my .02

My best luck has been with a good mid level quality soil mix, and do good ph balanced, good measured nuts. Best of both worlds.Smithy

im using miracle grow on one of my plants
had it from day 1 till now
the 3rd node it had was almost as big as my hand
and i got pretty huge hands
to say its good and all it needs is some tap water or some reg water
doesnt really need any nutes cause it has lots of goodies in in the bag =p

I'm using MGOC with 25% worm castings. The babies seem to like it ok, but they seem to do much better in normal MG. I think i need to try out some fox farm soil.

So out of curiosity I did a test...

Had one plant in MGOC and one in FFOF.... The growth rate of the plant is WAAAAAY faster in the fox farms... In the last 2 weeks MGOC plant grew 1.5 inches... FFOF plant grew 4 inches. Same strain, same everything...

Judging by this I would have to say that the FFOF is far superior....

I did the same test but with Sweet Corn .. One with FFOF and one with MG soil... FFOF kick * * *.lol

grew with MGOC before and had alot of problems, it was only my second grow but still could never get the plants to look happy. now i use BioBizz Allmix (along with the biobizz nutes) and it really has bin plain sailing plants look really healthy and a growing fast.

Latest posts

Back