Miracle Gro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokeymcbuds

Love To Learn
Reaction score
I was just wondering whats so wrong with using any miracle gro product?:confused2: Is it just preference or is ther something in it that will harm the plant :eek:

smokeymcbuds said:
I was just wondering whats so wrong with using any miracle gro product?:confused2: Is it just preference or is ther something in it that will harm the plant :eek:

Any soil that has those time released ferts in it like most MG soils is not a good choice for MJ. MJ needs no food for the first 2-3 weeks and then after that needs to be fed on a schedule you can control while also being able to control what it is fed. MG takes these things away from the grower.

Can it be used? Yes.....is it a good choice? No...not in my opinion.

Ok thanks but what about their plant foods the npk is kinda high and all i used was there top soil made for grass plugs.

ive ran miracle grow on my northern light auto..
its all about how you water

ok cool so should i use the plant food once every three times i water should that be good the NPK is 18-18-21

i use the big self feeding 6 mnths.
i keep em n jiffy plugs for 2 weeks before they get mg..

water 2days after its super dry then about a gal of water to every 4 gal of soil

bubba902 said:
ive ran miracle grow on my northern light auto..
its all about how you water

I think the problem is more because you water.....meaning every single time you water with MG soils with those time release ferts in it you are feeding. That's not a good thing....I wld stay away from any soil with that crap in it.
Some peeps like Godspeedsukah use it with no problem but the majority of growers hve problems with it. Jmo

smokeymcbuds said:
ok cool so should i use the plant food once every three times i water should that be good the NPK is 18-18-21

This means you will be double feeding since MG already has nutrients in it that are activated everytime you water. Doesn't sound like a good plan to me. But then again what do I know.

yeah dnt double dose it.. hamster your a genius lol dont play..
but i used nestle bottled water.
every other messed the ph so bad.

ok so when do you think i should use plant foods? It says it only feed for two months. so should i wait till thoose two months are u p to start feeding it nutes.

veg 6-8 weeks then buy some flower nutes n start 1/4 doses.. have to wait for hammi to see which nutes are good..
i ran fox farms tigerbloom and big bloom or grow big... sry im roasted

smokeymcbuds said:
ok so when do you think i should use plant foods? It says it only feed for two months. so should i wait till thoose two months are u p to start feeding it nutes.

I think the point here is that you should avoid the soil that feeds the plant. YOU should be the one deciding how much of what your plant gets, rather than the plant getting an unknown amount of nutrients every time you water. Read up on some good soil mixtures and use that as your starting medium, not some prenuted dirt from Wal-Mart. Then when the plants are large enough (2-3 weeks) start feeding with something formulated for mj like Fox Farm or General Hydroponics.

If he has the miricle grow which says feeds for 2 months, he has the organic kind which isn't as hot as the non organic kind which can feed for 4 to 6 months....... I learn this trying to find the right soil for me....... where I live we don't get the soil brands you all talk about.

smokeymcbuds said:

I have used Miracle Grow fertilizer but not their soil. I would imagine most of us have used the fertilizer when we we first began dabbling in growing Mj. Will it grow MJ? Yes, but once I got more involved with growing and doing more research I found there was better products to use. Did these better products work better? In my opinion yes, my mj is more tasteful, has bigger and harder nugs, better high and alot more trics to them. I would not recommend using mg now but when I started growing back in the day it still grew better mj then what was available around here. Back then I gave them a light feeding every watering and quit using it about a month before harvest to rid it of excess nitrogen. The grows I used it on was my outdoor grows never on my indoor grows, if that means anything.

smokeymcbuds said:

all i use is Miracle Grow in the the green bags

am already hitting plants with full strength nutes at 4-5 weeks veg / flower transtion.

growing autos in in which only grow for 2-3 months max, they are already getting the normal yellowing.

ill stick with it for a long time, cause its what works for me.

now micracle grow nutrients i dont use, just the prenuted soil in the green bag.

and no there is no differnce in taste from other soil compared to using MG

PuffinNugs said:
all i use is Miracle Grow in the the green bags

Pretty sure there is like 7 different types of MG soil that comes in "green bags"... I use MG soil in a green bag but it is MG Seed Starting Soil and doesn't hve all that time released fert crap in it. It's the only one I will use because I want to control as much of the nutrients they get as possible. Jmo

Hamster Lewis said:
Pretty sure there is like 7 different types of MG soil that comes in "green bags"... I use MG soil in a green bag but it is MG Seed Starting Soil and doesn't hve all that time released fert crap in it. It's the only one I will use because I want to control as much of the nutrients they get as possible. Jmo

HL I've used the seed starter for a couple years because of you...... I'm at 27 in a row on popping seeds...... you have to feed your plants earlier if you use it..... at least I have to..... around 10 days from ground break.

Grower13 said:
HL I've used the seed starter for a couple years because of you...... I'm at 27 in a row on popping seeds...... you have to feed your plants earlier if you use it..... at least I have to..... around 10 days from ground break.

Yeah I cld see that....it is pretty much nutrient free except for a lil bit to help rooting. I hve gone 3 weeks in it before feeding but I find it fluctuates from strain to strain. All I do is add some extra perlite and some sweet lime to it now. I love it even though it is pricey and I can't find it in big bags.

Latest posts

Back