Miracle grow (soil)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White Widow

Reaction score
Hello, I was woudnering about miracle grow soil and how you feel about it.

I've read mixed reviews about it and before even atemping to use it more regularly I was woundering if you have used it? If so what were the results?

Do you feel that it is true that with bigger buds you would get less quality?

Do you feel that miracle grow potting soil is hard to control (nuts / ph etc..)?

Please tell me your educated oppinion on the matter (Prefferably from people that have used the soil before).

More details on the soil I bought:

Miracle Grow
Premium Potting Mix
Weed free
Plant nutrients included
0.14-0.14-0.14
Organic matter: 30%
Max moisture level: 70%

I use this on other plants (NL) and it's turned out good, I haven't noticed any difference in quality but have in regards to size of actual buds (they are about twice as big as regular plants).

I use...

50% Miracle grow
35% mushroom compost
15% perlite

Would you change any of this? Why?

I wouldn't change your recipe, I think it's perfect.

I've heard from a lot of people who hate Miracle Grow....they say it burned their plants. But I've had nothing but success. I actually started using it for my first grow based on some advice here from the Brothers Grunt. It's worked great for me. The only advice I would give you is to NOT give nutes for a few weeks since the soil has them in it. Good luck.

Well I would say stick with what is working.. I'm on my first grow and I'm using MG and really cant complain.. I did however still switch to promix because I did want a lil more control.. But I would deft say keep doin what u doin if its working.. :D

its more of a personal preference. The first time i tried miracle grow i grew it along side fox farm. The fox farm grows were actually mine an the miracle grow was my dads. the foxfarm turned out much better in my opinion. they were grown under the same conditions. now whether its like that everytime i dont know? maybe there was something different that i could have changed as well?
Rehab is for quitters said it works wonders for him, and if it works, why mess with it like siegalsmoker said?

The Brothers Grunt has had fantastic results with MG soil but many people dont. I always use pro mix but its really personal opinion. If you have great results from it, I say run with it. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

A friend of mine uses it with good results as far as bud size he also uses monster bloom in flower,but i dont like the tastes of his buds,i would sudgest a really good flush at the end.Good Luck & Stay Safe!

I started mine in MG soil for veg but flushed and went to organic soil 1 week before switching to 12/12. I've heard that it can affect the taste, but I don't have any experience personally. Could be rumor, who knows.

Never had a problem with it either. I added some 1/2 strength later in veg, and I added some bloom in flowering. This was a crop a year ago. Very tasty good nugs - no ferts within 2 weeks of harvest, some flushing - a few weeks drying, and then curing in jars. I don't think MG soil makes bad tasting nugs, actually it was like a cheesy commercial, in that I didn't want to tell anyone I'd used it.
And yet we occasionally get these reports of plants burning in it. I don't know what to make of that. Maybe a lot of the burning and bad taste reports are simply due to the fact that it's also new growers usually using MG soil. One I've seen is that the plants do fine, and then start "burning" at the end. Well that's normal plant life cycle, and some finish uglier than others. Those tasty nugs I got were off a plant that really looked like hell in the end. I have one right now that looks that way, not a fan leaf left on it. Yet its sisters are almost fully green, I don't know why.
In my experience that soil you got does a fine job. Use gravel though too in the bottoms, drainage is important.

Latest posts

Back