Miracle Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scuba

Reaction score
I started my 1st grow a little over 2 weeks ago. I have read conflicting reports on using Miracle Grow soil as the medium, but it is what i used. The more i read i find twice as many article against MG as for its use. What adverse effects should i expect as a result? Will flushing work or will the 6 months slow release fertilizer not flush as a result? Thanks for your assistance.

Enjoy your grow and a lot of people started with MG, you will need to keep an eye on things as the nutrition ratios are not as ideal as something developed specifically for cannabis needs

I have used in many times. Just make sure you add something like FF ferts for Flowering or something with Bloom booster fertilizers. It needs more for flowering then MG can give. Plus you have to remember that you are fertilizing every time you water. Also keep an eye out for Magnesium Deficiency.

I started my 1st grow a little over 2 weeks ago. I have read conflicting reports on using Miracle Grow soil as the medium, but it is what i used. The more i read i find twice as many article against MG as for its use. What adverse effects should i expect as a result? Will flushing work or will the 6 months slow release fertilizer not flush as a result? Thanks for your assistance.
I totally understand using MG starting however I advise not to bother and just use a basic 2part & booster, at least indoors.
20 - 20 - 20 is a little much for most strains.

Here are my babies at the 21 day mark. Just increased the lights to full power. 2 plants are Northern Lights and 2 are Girl Scout Cookies, both auto. Temperature in tent is reaching 84 degrees during warmest part of the day. Debating updating to 6 inch exhaust vs current 4 inch.

Attachments

• IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 43
All good, i use Fox Farm Ocean Forest in my tent grow, and have had very good luck.

When we ran a Miracle Grow through a Toxdetective we received a Positive result for Pesticides ( Most likely either organophosphate or Carbonates, heavy metals ) Since Cannabis is used for phytoremediation your plants may be sucking up any undesirable chemicals in the soil they are grown in.

Attachments

• MGA.JPG
    MGA.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I think I'm getting close. First time looking at trichomes, do this look clear or milky?

Thanks

Attachments

• TLDF4045.JPG
    TLDF4045.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 50
I think I'm getting close. First time looking at trichomes, do this look clear or milky?

Thanks
You should have one of these in your grow kit
Image result for Guy Using Eye Loop Magnifier

It will let you look into the Trichs and then you will know
clear-not ready
cloudy-ready but will be speedy (better to have some amber)
then Amber 30% or more Couchlock
Look at the thrics on the buds to make sure you see the correct areas not the leaves.
I would let yours go 2 weeks (maybe longer) and see how they look but I like Amber

This is what i have. That picture was my first use of microscope. Monday 9/21 will be 8 weeks (auto flower).

Thanks for the advice

Attachments

• Handheld microscope.JPG
    Handheld microscope.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 8
I had a black Vietnamese that wouldn't flower unless you cut the light back to 8. Took way too long to veg. Great smoke if you don't mind the wait, but it's just not worth the electricity, especially when there's other flavors out there that kick just as hard in less than half the time.

Latest posts

Back