Misting the plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack150083

Reaction score
Hey I've been misting my plants everyday about once or twice a day..Now that i'm in the budding stages i was just wondering if it's still ok to mist them since they now have nice buds coming out... IS it alright to keep misting?

You can but the chances of bud rot/mold is going to go up. Are you in a humid/dank climate? I don't really mist at all unless I'm foliar feeding, never really see the purpose.

Biffdoggie said:
You can but the chances of bud rot/mold is going to go up. Are you in a humid/dank climate? I don't really mist at all unless I'm foliar feeding, never really see the purpose.

When should I start to foliar feed?

I only foliar feed to correct a nute deficiency.
Feeding I just have it mixed in with my regular watering sessions. Per the manufacturers directions.

Mutt said:
I only foliar feed to correct a nute deficiency.
Feeding I just have it mixed in with my regular watering sessions. Per the manufacturers directions.

I ask because Im starting to see some little yellow spots coming on one of my leaves. Also on another leave the very end of it has dried and curled up. Is this because I neglected to water it fast enough or is it suffering a nute deficiency?

How much are you watering and how often, and what nutes are you using?

The only foliar I have used is Dutch Master stuff, it seems to be most impressive for veg. mode.

sounds to me like it is some nute problem. Most likely its nute burn. I've had the yellow spots you speak of and the edges of my leaves were turning weird colors. I flushed the ladies out and they recovered pretty quick.

AeroTX said:
How much are you watering and how often, and what nutes are you using?

I first boil the water, let it go luke warm and water every 3-4 days. I use a 15-10-15 solution for nutes. I think I may be using nutes a bit too early, I think they are a bit too young. I think my watering schedule is ok but I could definitely use some watering advice.

I'm new to this whole indoor thing, although i grow successfully outdoors and i do grow quite finicky houseplants. may i ask why do boil your water, omniconsum3r? Also I've found myself "loving it to death". I know how easy it is to do outdoors, i can't imagine havin em right next to me. Many of us tend to overwater and overfeed. Not sayin this is your case, cause i don't know. But, your symptoms sound eerily familiar. Are these in pots w/soil? Do you check your potted plants by picking them up, if they are at all heavy they may have enough, if really heavy, they proly have too much, if really light they definetly need water? Wish you luck

jack150083 said:
Hey I've been misting my plants everyday about once or twice a day..Now that i'm in the budding stages i was just wondering if it's still ok to mist them since they now have nice buds coming out... IS it alright to keep misting?
If they are getting the right amount of water at the roots i dont think its good to spray and fck around
with them,keep it simple let em grow all you will do is get rot and burn them :)

Most of the time you mist because the air is really dry like in the winter when the heater is on. During the summer there should be enough humidity in the air to be ok. Sounds like a lot of the new growers have to much time with there plants. Mj is a weed and it is strong enough that you dont have to baby it every second. It can go a month with out even being checked on and still do amazing. If in the ground unless its a dry spell they will do fine. If in pots you can go three or four days to even a week depending on pot and plant size. Less water is better than drowning them. Even if it gets close to dry all thats going to happen is the leaves will droop a little and if you notice this just water and within 30 min the plant will perk up. Long periods of dry and your plant wont grow but very short periods of dry are ok an you plants. Happy growing Slim

The difference in a friend and a good friend is a friend will help you move a good friend will help you move a body!!!!!!!!!!

dream grower said:
may i ask why do boil your water, omniconsum3r?

I dont know. I live in NyC and even though I know my water is like some of the cleanest I still feel that there are chemicals in it. I'd rather feed them distilled.

i have i sure way for you to try the next time you eat ice cream save the stick when you check on your plants put teh stick in the soil when you pull it out the stcik should have so type of light to dark lin on it the lighter the amrk means you might need water and the darker mark means to do need to water becuse the stick is wet gook luck on your grow hope this helps:p

In the movie I Grow Chronic, he suggests misting them with carbonated water as a cheat alternative to co2 tanks. Ive been doing this about once a day on my current grow and Ive had no problems so far with mold or burning.

Some baking Soda and Yeast can do the trick..Ghetto Fab dat Shiat~!

if u can figure out the perfect foilar feeding schedule and formula like the guy on OG did. thats all u need it take time though. his leaves and stalks were massive as if there were outdoor. biggest i have ever seen indoor

Latest posts

Back