mites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

__ATM__

Reaction score
i have mites mainly on 1 plant and 2 more showing signs of 5 total. i have sprayed soap water mixture for 3 days seemed to help some but not all the way, so still having them i tried ladybugs about 10 to 20 of them my room is roughly 8x8 but the plants i have in a 3 walled box about 4ft by 2 1/2ft no top or 1 side with 2 plants outside on the floor (lol they got to big on me.) after 4 days with lady bugs i still have mites. im thinking i didnt put enough ladybugs??

sorry for long intro just trying to give facts but my ? is im going into 6th week of flowering and was wondering with the mites still on leafs and before all plants have them would it be better to crop early? then risk full infestation

sry no pics the girls are sleeping i will post them either first am or after work wen lights on.

thx ahead of time for taking the time to read my post and an info

__ATM__

IME all you can do is drop the temps as cold as you can during light out(50*F) and give them cold showers til the finish. Then clean ,clean, clean, you get the pcture the area bedfore trying any other plants. The cold showers will wash some off and the cold night(lights out) temp will slow their reproduction down. Being this far into flowering that is about the best you can do.

oh no, the borg. Ozzy is right on. There are a couple of organic products that work if you can find them. Liquid lady bugs is one. We have all had the mites and it is so maddening. Good luck and welcome to MP, mites and all.;)

Do not spray with soap at this stage in flowering. If you cannot taste that soap when you harvest, I will be mighty surprised.

Ozzy is right--at this point in flowering about the only thing you can do is keep temps lower and to give them a good cold water shower (and I would only do that if your RH is low). I would not harvest early.

Would the use of Neem Oil (not sprayed on buds) be worth trying? I have read that it is good for most bugs

HP neems is the worst tasting thing on harvested bud it don't wash off.

ozzydiodude said:
HP neems is the worst tasting thing on harvested bud it don't wash off.

Yeah, I only made that mistake once many years ago....nasty, nasty, nasty...do not spray your plants with anything once they are a couple of weeks into 12/12 or you will be smoking and tasting it. IMO, it is impossible to spray only the leaves and not get the buds.

thx for the responses everyone sry i went off line over the summer just way to busy but im back now and hope to become a regular.

on that crop i cut the one that had the mites early and sprayed the rest with 50/50 mix of rubbing alcohol and water probably more like 30 40ish reallyand about 50 lady bugs in a small room. i had a cple people at my local medical club give some advise. the rest of the crop didn't get any more mites and turned out great.

im hoping to be restarting soon and will post with pics

thx again

atm

Welcome back.

You were extremely lucky. I have never seen alcohol and water eradicate mites. Lady bugs do not really work for mite eradication and if they did it would take hundreds. Mites are not their preferred food. If you did not have them in an enclosed space, they generally just fly away and find better food. I recommend that you get some Forbid and/or Floramite if you are growing again to be prepared for "The Borg".

Latest posts

Back