Mixing fertilizers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mulberry's dream

Reaction score
so can one mix both Pure blend pro and liquid karma in the same dosing of fertilizer?

First timer here, is that safe/standard practice. mixing fertz, not just these two perticular ones. you know what I mean?

It's not a good idea to mix chem and organic nutes.
With organics, the idea is to get everything working together naturally, everything means including things like beneficial nematodes, microbes and mycorrizae(sp).
Harsh chem's retard/kill all of the above.

And companies such as Fox Farms (organic) and General Hydroponics (chem) spend tons of $$$ formulating complete nutrient products.

For my indoor hygro garden I sometimes use General Hydroponics 3-part system--micro, grow and bloom. 3 bottles, mixed in varying ratio's according to what stage the plants are in. The instructions say to NEVER mix concentrates. That is to add micro to the water 1st, mix, then add grow, mix, then bloom. Apparently when you mix concentrates you lock out certain nutrients.

Even though I have used LK I don't recall the formulation. I think it's mainly fulmic acid, and I don't know enough about fulmic acid to know if it's derived naturally or not.

Liquid Karma.....derived from Casein Hydrolysoate, fermented yeast extration, aqueous extracts of etiolated wheat coleoptiles and zea mays, aloe vera extract, kelp seaweed extraxt, yucca extract.

.."contains a full complement of natural metobolically active organic compounds not found in other plant foods or supplements. Immeadiatly absorbed, and serve as regulatory signals, activators, or catalysts to produce synchronized and accelerated growth under all conditions."

...Now, if that means mixing it with the chem ferts is still beneficial, I can't say for sure. I'll co-sign ganjas "nay" on the mixing of organics and chemical ferts, but according to the lable, it is beneficial under "all" growing conditions, soiless hydro, soil container gardens, transplanting, propogation and tissue culture.

I'm not familiar with "Pro Blend". I could check their website, but it should state on your lable if it is organic.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.
I wasn't saying that either Pure Blend Pro or Liquid Karma is organic or chem, just a general statement about mixing different nutrients.

i am going to have to disagree....zen and i do a blend of chem and organic....and have wonderful results

we actually were just at the hydro shop this past week and had a fairly long talk with the fella there....

using a unique blend of chemicals (GH 3 part) and organic materilas (used at specific times) you can combine a nice blend of growing that makes for a limited use of chemicals and organic additives to add the full flavor and aromas

Organic materials used and fully recommended by us (and also sworn upon by the salesman....who by the way is not just after our money....hes a big giver of freebies to us...a decent man who offers cheaper alternatives with high end results)

*Guano
*Liquid Karma
*Worm Castings
*Floralicious
*Voodoo Juice
*Pirahna
*Tarantula

The results in our grows speak for themselves and we are quite happy and recieve rave reviews from anyone who has had the chance to smoke a nice joint with me

Yes, you can mix them together. In fact adding organic & organic additives will help aid your plants in their life with fighting pests and nutrient/water up take among other plant problems.

Latest posts

Back