mixing nutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would NOT use that Nute Solution. Its to much N and P. Like the Gent said above,,looks like Lawn Ferts to me.
My Mom uses one of those machines for her Oxygen,,I believe its an Overkill for growing weed,, but to each his own.

We don't actually oxygenate the water, we aerate the water. I have never read anything that indicates that more O2 than is naturally in the atmosphere is better or beneficial. Also keep in mind that O2 is combustible when concentrated. It is also the length of time we aerate the water rather than the amount of O2 put into the water. The main reason for aerating the water is to aid in the evaporation of chlorine, to keep the nutes mixed, and give the nutrient solution time to buffer the water (if the nutes have buffers).

I am with Hushpuppy on the browning of the leaves and the soil. It is really high in everything, not just N. While we want higher concentrations of N while flowering, 21% (of everything) is really hot. You also want something with less P for vegging. Like I mentioned before, GH Flora Nova, a stand alone nute is 7-4-10. Look for a nute with N-P-K ratios closer to that.

I also have some concerns about the soil. It looks really dense and I am wondering about how well it drains. What exactly did you use? The wrong soil mixture can thwart your best efforts.

Hushpuppy said:
Your Thinking on the oxygen reminds me of my Bro's way of thinking. When he used to add nutes to water solution he thought, if 1ml is good then 5ml is better and 10ml is great. It didn't take him long to find out that more is not better. After he burnt up a few plants he realized that there is a specific amount of things that work fine at that level and more is bad. In the case of adding as much O as possible, is not right way to think about it. Its kind of like having a fly in the house and rather than going to buy a fly-swatter ya pick up the shotgun and start loading it with birdshot because you have a whole box of shells laying around :) Not trying to be a smart-azz just being facetious, but really that much O2 is toooo much. Now if you could really control it and dial in everything else, it would be interesting to see if a bigger specific amount of O2 would be beneficial to the grow. But everything else would have to be really dialed in good and you would have to have your growing method down-pat. All you need is a fish aquarium pump and airstone. They use almost no wattage to run them.

On the browning? it looks like some nute burn setting in as that fert is pretty high in nitrogen, but it could just be physical leaf damage from handling. What concerns me more is your soil. It looks pretty rough like something you scraped up off the side of the road. If that is just local soil then there is no telling whats in it or what the PH is in the soil. Those things can lead to complications with your grow in the future and have you scratching your head.

Ummm. the soil did worry me I picked it up from the local garden center it their own 3 way mix of cow manure brown earth and coconut fiber. It ought to be OK . Could it be I tampered it down to firm? the next batch I'll try mix up some farm spec potting soil see if thats any better. dont ask me what its got in it but it more expensive , let s hope that that equates to better soil.

Funny analagy about the fly swat but I don't really think that way. But from all the grow methods the biggest step forward in recent years seems to have been the development of new grow technique to improve the oxygen to the roots.
regarding the choice of nutes, I have been following 'Greenman directions of his website he sais he uses 20-20-20. but now its about 3 things he's recomended that people on this forum have shot down . I will cease refering to that site forthwith . and shall seek some more appropriate nutes . Incidentally I doubt it to be lawn fert personally as it was bought in a wholsale ware house that caters for farming supplies + its got pictures of fruit on the packaging not a lawn which one would assume to be logical if that was the case. Maybe its done to confuse dumb farangs like me... Thanks for all your help guys and gals. Cant change the soil now but I'll do what ever else I can do..

The Hemp Goddess said:
We don't actually oxygenate the water, we aerate the water. I have never read anything that indicates that more O2 than is naturally in the atmosphere is better or beneficial. Also keep in mind that O2 is combustible when concentrated. It is also the length of time we aerate the water rather than the amount of O2 put into the water. The main reason for aerating the water is to aid in the evaporation of chlorine, to keep the nutes mixed, and give the nutrient solution time to buffer the water (if the nutes have buffers).

I am with Hushpuppy on the browning of the leaves and the soil. It is really high in everything, not just N. While we want higher concentrations of N while flowering, 21% (of everything) is really hot. You also want something with less P for vegging. Like I mentioned before, GH Flora Nova, a stand alone nute is 7-4-10. Look for a nute with N-P-K ratios closer to that.

I also have some concerns about the soil. It looks really dense and I am wondering about how well it drains. What exactly did you use? The wrong soil mixture can thwart your best efforts.
while we're on the subject..

the nutes I bought in preparation for flowering is 10-52-17 what be your opinion on that before I use it?

epicstuff said:
no.... Co2( in the air) is for Photo synthesis ; the roots need O2...

While im sure its ok to use the Oxygen concentrator,know that water can only hold so much DO or dissolved O2.
Its a factor of temps and barametric pressure, the excess is going to released into the air.

A simple air pump adds more than it can hold @ a 20% concentration.

The bloom nutes look to be proportionaly correct but go easy with it,that stuff is strong.

Growdude said:
While im sure its ok to use the Oxygen concentrator,know that water can only hold so much DO or dissolved O2.
Its a factor of temps and barametric pressure, the excess is going to released into the air.

A simple air pump adds more than it can hold @ a 20% concentration.

The bloom nutes look to be proportionaly correct but go easy with it,that stuff is strong.

OK.... right I've been everywhere today looking for ferts. and found an amazing farm shop with a hundred different ferts of varing NPK ratios unfortunmately nothing even close to 7 4 10. so I have purchased 2 bags one contains 15-0-0 and the other 8-15-38..

so if I mix these 50/50 I will get a ratio 21-12-30. which is bang on if I use 1/3 strength of the recommended instructions... do you think that will work? or am I missing something.... and how does the recommended mixes equate to using it for MJ as opposed to general farm usage.?

shop said I should mix I soup spoon in 10 l so If my calculations are right I'b be mixing about 1 heaped tsp of each into 10 L of water then diluting that by a 1/3 come watering time.. Does that sound about right? coz if it is, this stuff will last me a life time....
Incidentally in my search for nutes I found many of the farm shop selling hormones to max out fruit production on farms. Whats the story on that being used for MJ? 'Vely safe' they all told me....

Latest posts

Back