mixing nutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epicstuff

Reaction score
I got some nutes but I cant read the packaging to tell me the recommended mix.

the stuff is 21-21-21 blue (copper sulphate ) color. I only have babies at the moment and only use about a 1/4 teasoon / 1.5 L or water. for my soil pots

what is the normal amount you should water this down by. am I close or to timid with it?

Also how long does it normally take to oxygenate water? I started sticking an o2 air line into my watering vessels for about 4 minutes before watering, would that make a difference?

I bubble my water for atleast 24 hrs befor useing...as for the nutes..I need to know what brand it is...try and google it...and start 1/4 strength and build up to full strength as they allow

take care and be safe

I also let my water set out for about 24 hours and bubble it to remove chlorine.

I don't think a 21-21-21 nute is good for vegging marijuana. For vegging, you don't want even N-P-K ratios. You are going to want something that is a little lower in P and higher in K. For example, Flora Nova Grow is 7-4-10.

That also seems to be quite strong, especially for babies. How old are your plants? Do they even need food yet?

I would look into a nutrient line like General Hydroponics Flora series. It is cheap, easy to use, and it works great for growing MJ. I let my water sit for at least 24 hours before I use it...same with my nutrients. I mix, ph and let sit. Then I come back and stir well and then check the ph again and correct if needed.(usually it does need adjustment) getting familiar with your nutrients helps immensely with growing. Jmo

no brand name stuff where I am and its all labbled in foriegn language hence cant make out any details I wouldnt ask if it was so straight forward.
I am assuming most fertilizers will be a similar concentration. I just havent got a clue as to how much you are supposed to use of the stuff.

I always used liquid A+B nutes in Hydro before and always was able to follow a specific feeding guide now I'm using powder in soil.

my air is 95% o2 so I assume it wouldnt take long to oxygenate a jug of water..

epicstuff said:
no brand name stuff where I am and its all labbled in foriegn language hence cant make out any details I wouldnt ask if it was so straight forward.
I am assuming most fertilizers will be a similar concentration. I just havent got a clue as to how much you are supposed to use of the stuff.

I always used liquid A+B nutes in Hydro before and always was able to follow a specific feeding guide now I'm using powder in soil.

my air is 95% o2 so I assume it wouldnt take long to oxygenate a jug of water..

What do you mean that your air is 95% O2?

You cannot get anything shipped to you? Are you in a position where you could mix up your own organic teas?

If your air is 95% O2 then it must be from a pressure tank... as the normal atmosphere is only about 20% O2 and 78% Nitrogen and the rest is CO2 and trace gasses.

I'm liking General Hydroponics flora 3 part nutes so far; even though I'm starting to figure out different nute strengths for the plants I'm growing each plant(strain) has it's own concentration and mixes (but very straight forward and easy to use and mix). Each brand of nutes I'm sure will have different feeding recommendations too. If it's in another language maybe you could look up their product online and see if there is an english version of their feeding schedule.

I just wouldnt use that, its some kind of lawn fertilizer.

The Hemp Goddess said:
What do you mean that your air is 95% O2?

You cannot get anything shipped to you? Are you in a position where you could mix up your own organic teas?

I'm using an Oxygen concentrator produces O2 at 3l/ min 95% (some equipement I bought for business idea that been sitting round doing nothing.. , just putting it to use.

Shipping its the time cost and attentionit may bring if unlucky, this is not the sort of place you want to get busted..

I can make up teas in Theory, I found and bought some EM1. but all I can really use is grass cuttings and perhaps horse manure. not sure how pleasant that will be for my house.

I have 2 babies that about 6wks old, but I had to nurse them back from death by sun, if you remember. That has been a story in itself. as just as one was looking good, I had to hack it right back to the bottom little 1st leaves after the really promising top suddenly went limp , the upper stems looked pinched and grey, thought they had got some kind of fungus. Coincidentally or not it was right after I tried to LST it . The growth rate is really slow, I am anxiously waiting from them to get big enough to take some cuttings so I can stick it out side to flower. They need something, its it not normal they grow so slow... maybe 1 more week I can take the 2 tops off for cuttings, leaving a stub to regrow again. If it doenst give up from stress before..or turn hermi on me. I'm starting to think I've discovered how to make Bonsai Cannabis plants. Believe it or not ,my new seedlings are just over a week old and about the same size however the new NL seedling is really vigorous and will be overtaking the others soon..
I'm in Asia, its hard to chat to the suppliers about what various products can be used for or directions etc. the labels means nothing to me other than on some they have the chemical constituants in english.

epicstuff said:
I'm using an Oxygen concentrator produces O2 at 3l/ min 95% (some equipement I bought for business idea that been sitting round doing nothing.. , just putting it to use.

Thats doing bothing benificial for your grow.
Co2 is what you would want to boost not O2

Growdude said:
Thats doing bothing benificial for your grow.
Co2 is what you would want to boost not O2

no.... Co2( in the air) is for Photo synthesis ; the roots need O2...

I'm still losing you here. Air that is 95% O2 is combustible....A small air pump will aerate your nute solution just fine.

On a side note, I just bought a one gallon bottle of GH Flora series Grow for 27 bucks free shipping on Amazon. Cheap and works great.

Yeah, me too. I was thrilled to see gals of GH Flora series for under $30 shipped.

WOW- that is exciting. Super jealous. I pay 30.00+ shipping for FloraNova Grow from GH.

Flora Nova is more than the GH 3 part series. If you are getting a gal of GH Flora Nova for $30. That is good...depending on what the shipping is. I paid $22 for a qt of Flora Nova Grow recently.

THG- no that is for a quart. No one even sells it by the gallon here.

If anybody has the link for getting that flora delivered I'll taker a look.

Any way THG. what do you mean you dont get it . My machine is a medical device it re oxygenates blood in 5 min or so , I know the plants don't have heamaglobin but 95% has got to be more effecient than 20 % , its not like I bought the thing specifically for this , Unless I'm missing something, it seems pointless to go out and buy an airation pump and leave this gathering dust.
You guys have got me second geussing myself now .. is the point not to get as much o2 into the water? By the way O2 might be required for supporting fire but its not exactly dangerous Its not like hydrogen or anything you dont see too many hospitals blowing up. . anyway I dont play with matches while I'm doing it..
I thought I'd attempt to up load some pictures today to show what I mean . This morning I also notices some browning on a few leaves, If you can tell me if its anything to worry about ....

Ok. rear, left to right; Sleastack then Northern Lights auto born 22 Sept, 'Big Bomb' born 24 August;
forground, Fruit spirit born 24 Aug.

very slow them 2.....

IMG_2709.JPG

IMG_2713.JPG

Your Thinking on the oxygen reminds me of my Bro's way of thinking. When he used to add nutes to water solution he thought, if 1ml is good then 5ml is better and 10ml is great. It didn't take him long to find out that more is not better. After he burnt up a few plants he realized that there is a specific amount of things that work fine at that level and more is bad. In the case of adding as much O as possible, is not right way to think about it. Its kind of like having a fly in the house and rather than going to buy a fly-swatter ya pick up the shotgun and start loading it with birdshot because you have a whole box of shells laying around :) Not trying to be a smart-azz just being facetious, but really that much O2 is toooo much. Now if you could really control it and dial in everything else, it would be interesting to see if a bigger specific amount of O2 would be beneficial to the grow. But everything else would have to be really dialed in good and you would have to have your growing method down-pat. All you need is a fish aquarium pump and airstone. They use almost no wattage to run them.

On the browning? it looks like some nute burn setting in as that fert is pretty high in nitrogen, but it could just be physical leaf damage from handling. What concerns me more is your soil. It looks pretty rough like something you scraped up off the side of the road. If that is just local soil then there is no telling whats in it or what the PH is in the soil. Those things can lead to complications with your grow in the future and have you scratching your head.

Latest posts

Back