Mixing Question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZshwagg

Reaction score
When I went to get stuff at the hydro store I asked if he sold any perilite, he recomended the stores house blend. He told me it already had perlite and other key ingredients ( my spelling is off today). My question is how much to mix in with soil? Would it be 1\2 soil 1\2 blend, OR WHAT! I'm confused.....HELP
Oh yeah, I bought a cool pot container with alot of drainage, I filled the bottom of it with AB gravel. I'll post pic's soon once I start my grow journal.

I guess it all depends on what is in it. Most recepies call for about 30% perlite... What all is in it?

he told me it was a blend of perilite and vermiculite(check spelling) and sum coco stuff and other shit i forgot. When we were talking he knew what was up. He was growing too, and thats what he recomended.

Personally i'd put like 2-3 cups per gallon but thats just me. I usually put 2 cups perlite 1 tbsp bone meal 1 tbsp blood meal all into a gallon of fox farm. Works pretty well for me...

So, six cups? I have a 3 gallon pot.
bejohnst said:
Personally i'd put like 2-3 cups per gallon but thats just me. I usually put 2 cups perlite 1 tbsp bone meal 1 tbsp blood meal all into a gallon of fox farm. Works pretty well for me...

Can anyone eles comment on this....Brother grunt, Mutt....

Thanks bejhonst, If anthing eles I'll go that route.

AZ'...15-30% "added" perlite is usually sufficient. Or, a 3/1 ratio. 1 cup of perlite for every 3-5 cups of soil/medium.

Latest posts

Back