1. Bud of the Month: moontang by bodhi grown by Smackaddict
    Dismiss Notice

MJ Passion converting to new software

Discussion in 'Marijuana Passion Announcements & Support' started by Angie, May 1, 2018.

1. May 16, 2018 #41

Angie

Angie

Angie

Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

I'll have to work on smileys for you all. Not sure I can get the same ones back, but will do the best I can for you. May be until weekend for me to do that. The links to the old smileys I tried in this software didn't seem to link, but I have 3 or 4 sources to access to get you some.

Signature , I just looked and it's set to let all have maximum allowed signatures. I have to see what is stopping it, as I set one to test and we don't see it here.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. May 16, 2018 #42

Rosebud

Rosebud

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer Staff Member Admin Moderator

Thank you , these are not emergencies. lol Just if you have time, thank you Angie.

1 person likes this.
  3. May 18, 2018 #43

2RedEyes

2RedEyes

2RedEyes

Something clever...

Retired
    So far I’m not so sure that this latest software update is an improvement...there seem to be a lot of features that are perhaps disabled or malfunctioning...mostly pertaining to user profiles and such. Or mayhaps this user is clueless...

4. May 18, 2018 #44

Hackerman

Hackerman

Hackerman

This is one of the more full featured BBS apps bud. You're just a dumb ***. LMAO Just kidding. Love ya.

Make a list of the things you want it to do and I'll make sure that it does it for ya. LOL

One thing you said before was the order of the display. I'm not sure I understood that. But, I'll work on that one first.

Also, when a post like this is made, if I want Redeyes to see it, I do this.... @2RedEyes

After you type the @ sign and start typing the members name, a drop down will appear guiding you the rest of the way to the proper user. e.g. for 2RedEyes, I typed the @ and then without a space the 2R and his name popped up and I selected it.

Then, when 2Redeyes logs onto the board he will see an ALERT in the upper right hand corner of the page (the bell). Click it and the drop down will tell him that I was talking about him (or, more rightly, addressed him).

So, I would say, "Hey @2RedEyes , do you want to go drinking tonight and jam?"

He will get an alert. Pretty cool.

I'll work on that display order thing. :)

5. May 18, 2018 #45

2RedEyes

2RedEyes

2RedEyes

Something clever...

Retired
    Hey @Hackerman , yes I’d love to jam...that’s why I said maybe I’m just clueless...things like the signature we used to have and locations, birthdate display,stuff aboutto me, like that...also the order of posts. I used to be able to say I want to see the most recent posts to a thread at the top of the thread. That way I just select the thread and it puts th most recent post at the top so I don’t have to scroll down to find it. That’s how I viewed the old forum...definitely not a dal breaker but... also the text here seems smaller than the old forum. I tried changing that within iOS but it only affects things associated with iOS but not text vi we’d within the browser. I see a way to set the size inside my post but that’s sure to pi$$ someone off...now back to trying to figure out how to set the size to someone else’s post...I’m sur this will all get worked out eventually....

6. May 19, 2018 #46

Hackerman

Hackerman

Hackerman

Since I quoted you, you should get an alert that tells you I quoted you and a link to the thread.

Hover over the little 'person' icon and select 'signature' Personal details like birthday and stuff like that are the link right above it that says 'personal details'

Image1.jpg

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  7. May 19, 2018 #47

Hackerman

Hackerman

Hackerman

Sorry about the display order. According to the peeps at the Xenforo forum, the display order is a global admin setting.

There are some add-ons and themes that offer such features but raw Xenforo does not.

Signatures are a current feature but not working right now. Ang is working on it. ;)

8. May 19, 2018 #48

2RedEyes

2RedEyes

2RedEyes

Something clever...

Retired
    Yes I’ve done the sig thing but it doesn’t seem to save nor does it appear in any of my posts.

9. May 19, 2018 #49

Angie

Angie

Angie

Okay, about 10 minutes ago the signature glitch should have been corrected. Give it another try and let me know.

10. May 19, 2018 #50

Angie

Angie

Angie

Are you making a hack, or attempting to mess with this software. Also, what is the display problem?

11. May 19, 2018 #51

2RedEyes

2RedEyes

2RedEyes

Something clever...

Retired
  12. May 19, 2018 #52

2RedEyes

2RedEyes

2RedEyes

Something clever...

Retired
    I see that some folks have a line under their username, such as hacks “$ocial retard” line...how does that work?

13. May 19, 2018 #53

Angie

Angie

Angie

@2RedEyes
    Go to the Profile box, Personnal details, custom user field. Put something clever there, and it will show under your name. (remember to save)

upload_2018-5-18_22-34-15.png

14. May 19, 2018 #54

Hackerman

Hackerman

Hackerman

Neither... just being 'matter of factual'. LOL Typespeak.

The display problem was that he wanted the threads to display ascending instead of descending. Or is it, descending instead of ascending. LOL Well, you know what I mean. According to the forums at Xenforo, that's a global setting (admin only), not a user setting.

Angie likes this.
  15. May 19, 2018 #55

Angie

Angie

Angie

Yep, We set them when the change happens. Similar to the vB settings.

16. May 20, 2018 #56

screwdriver

screwdriver

screwdriver

Chopperest Member

My "personal details" has a different look. Do you have to have an app for that?

Attached Files:

17. May 21, 2018 #57

Hackerman

Hackerman

Hackerman

@screwdriver ... I believe that is an option in the current version. Perhaps Angie has it turned off.

Funny story... in an early version of vBull when custom user titles were first added, it was discovered that if a user entered a title that was on the software's ladder, it would upgrade the user to those privs.

In other words, if you simply changed your title to "Moderator", you suddenly had all the moderator privileges. LOL

I am pretty sure that most of the BBS apps do not allow custom titles on the ladder. In other words, (if custom titles is enabled) the use of the words ADMINISTRATOR or MODERATOR would not be allowed.

I see I have a custom title so it must have carried over from the other software.

18. May 21, 2018 #58

Angie

Angie

Angie

19. May 21, 2018 #59

screwdriver

screwdriver

screwdriver

Chopperest Member

Works for me.

Angie likes this.
  20. May 21, 2018 #60

Hackerman

Hackerman

Hackerman

Yeah, I think she had to allow custom titles for our user group. There were turned on for Admin group but not for us little people. LOL

Last edited: May 21, 2018