MJ versus Tobacco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe certain people have an addictive personality? I personally want to smoke hXXp://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1889166,00.html" marijuana legally, BUT I'm having trouble finding a cooperative hXXp://www.marijuana-doctors.ca" marijuana doctor. My doctor probably thinks all people will become jXXp://www.marijuana-addict.com/"addicted...and that is just not the case!

Tobacco is straight poison!!! No matter in what form it is just bad news for everyone and anyone. Now with marijuana you cant go wrong it has so many benefits for people suffering from illness and disease it needs to be legalized!!!
ONE LOVE

There is a difference between "addictive" and "habit-forming".
I would say MJ (like almost anything you would do on a regular basis for leisure) is definitely habit-forming however I would never call it addicting. Similarly, I would have to say that cigarettes are both habit-forming and addicting. More importantly, realize that MJ does contain many carcinogens; much more than tobacco smoke. Reason why we never see any cases of cancer due to pure cannabis use is because THC has been found to inhibit cancer cell growth in multiple research trials. Truth is; cannabis probably has as many reasons to smoke as cigarettes have not to smoke.
:icon_smile:

I think cannabis is psychologically addicting. Not physical. If I go somewhere for a week or two and I can't get any pot, I do not go through physical withdrawals as I would with nicotine or other addictive drugs.

But if I think I should cut down, or stop for a day, I don't want to bad enough to do it.

Rosebud said:
I think cannabis is psychologically addicting. Not physical. If I go somewhere for a week or two and I can't get any pot, I do not go through physical withdrawals as I would with nicotine or other addictive drugs.

But if I think I should cut down, or stop for a day, I don't want to bad enough to do it.

100% agree, i can stop smoking bud at anytime no "fiendin" for it. when i quick smoking cigs the first time i had an anxiety attack real bad. next time i made it through but it was tough.

i know its what addicts will say but it really is the truth when it comes to dank "i can stop anytime i want, i just dont want to"

i always think of the Half Baked scence where Thurgood goes to NA for MJ and Bob Saget yells at him lol.

I quit mj for about 15 years due to random urinalysis at work. I started back because of medical issues. It's definitely not addictive. If you want to quit, quit, if not, not. Either way it should be your choice. :)

I take random breaks from mj just to loose the tolerance build up I get. I have no problem stopping and starting. Cigarettes on the other hand i have not managed to stop longer than a couple weeks.

If you think you're addict to cannabis problem is more likely due to you than the drug .If you can't stop using I suggest that you attend an NA meeting. This is not intended to be a sarcastic response to your post.The twelve step program does not focus on the substance,rather it addresses the mind set of the addict.
The idea being that the addiction is a symptom not a cause .The reason you can't stop is rooted in an inability to cope with your inner demons.

jonesfarm said:
The reason you can't stop is rooted in an inability to cope with your inner demons.

I dont believe that for a second, unless my inner demon is boredom.

Hamster Lewis said:
I also wldnt define MJ as addictive.....sure when I go without I get cranky but that is just me being a lil Beotch. Bottom line not smoking MJ wldnt make me sick or anything. Jmo

That's a physical addiction, there's a mental addiction to it once you use it for a lengthy period of time, as well if you're using it for a reason, like to kill pain because you'd rather not take opiates, that adds to the mental addiction when you're subconsciously telling yourself you actually do need it.

I don't think it's constant amongst all people, but there's still an air of addiction with anything that people choose to continually do. After all "old habits die hard"

That said. There are comparable qualities between marijuana and tobacco. They both produce tar when burned. You can alleviate this with a vaporizer. They both produce somewhat similar calming effects, albeit in very different ways. Tobacco is highly addictive in cigarette form because of increased nicotine levels and the other additives in it.

One thing I notice because of the way I smoke my bongs (with a pinch of tobacco at the bottom of the bowl) I get a bit of an extra kick since I don't smoke cigarettes normally.

After about 5 years of doing this, I started to notice that I subconsciously stopped wanting to smoke weed if i didn't have a cigarette around to pinch some tobacco out. That in itself is a testament to the addictive qualities of tobacco. I've never smoked a cigarette whole in my life, never once, but if i'm using my bong, I won't smoke without some tobacco now.

Now that I have my volcano, when I go without using my bong for a week I cough up a lot of the tar that accumulated from the bonging. The real difference between the effects of smoking cigarettes as opposed to marijuana; Tobacco closes the capillaries in your lungs restricting the amount of fresh oxygen they take in, whereas marijuana opens the capillaries and does the opposite. If you can intake the THC without burning the plant matter itself (vaporizer) there are virtually 0 negative health effects aside from whatever the delta9-thc is already doing to you.

jonesfarm said:
If you think you're addict to cannabis problem is more likely due to you than the drug .If you can't stop using I suggest that you attend an NA meeting. This is not intended to be a sarcastic response to your post.The twelve step program does not focus on the substance,rather it addresses the mind set of the addict.
The idea being that the addiction is a symptom not a cause .The reason you can't stop is rooted in an inability to cope with your inner demons.

This is true of people that turn to drugs as a way to cope with the problems they have in their life they can't mentally cope with, like losing a family member, losing your job, house, livelihood, Not the person that had a long day and just feels like taking it easy on his recliner with a joint, a bag of doritos and a 2L of coke.

Bad habits ..is not addiction......try it..first day ur cranky....then,well thats it

Latest posts

Back