MMJ and Gun Collecting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OGKushman

Don’t eat that pancake.
Reaction score
Anyone want to clarify?

I am not sure what to believe.

I have been told that if you get caught growing MMJ and any guns in the house, that it is a felony in California? This cannot be true...:holysheep:

California?.. is it even legal to "own" a gun there?...:rofl:..
Maybe they(the state) would prefer to provide growers with security. you know, employees of the state, paid for by the tax payer......:eek: j/k...j/k...j/k

I'm sure it's illegal on a federal level og'. And years ago, before mmj, when I got 'popped' here, there were two guns in the truck, and it WAS an additional charge.

when I got my MMJ card I had to surrender my concealed weapons permit...I still have a few hand guns and aint NO ONE takeing them from me

4u2sm0ke said:
when I got my MMJ card I had to surrender my concealed weapons permit...

that's pretty sad. Seems as if you became a criminal like how getting a felony will get your permit pulled.

fAk!

so there might be some truth to this??

hxxp://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v10/n132/a04.html

interesting article. State says you can while the ATF form says you can't

question 12e on the form says:
Are you an unlawful(depends who you ask) user of, or addicted to, marijuana, or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled
substance?
So technically the state says you are lawful and if they aren't sending your mmj info to the ATF I'd say you are within your rights to carry if you have the card.

I think (in California) it is for growers that are not legal, that can not have guns and Mj (or drugs) in the same house or on their person for that matter. In California, Drugs and Guns are a no no together.

I don't think the question comes up anywhere about guns or handguns on anything I signed up for as a Card Carrying Medical Marijuana User. I just can not imagine that a upstanding Certified hand gun toting Certified Medical Marijuana user would put up with their loss of the right to carry.

I may be wrong. Where are the handcuffs?

Being a proud defendor and advocate on my right to the 2nd amendment of our beautiful yet trampled on bill of rights.
Under the current federal law regarding firearms and narcotics you are treading very thin ice. looked at one perspective you are committing a drug felony, the gun is just illegally present but not associated with the drug crime. That is if you are lucky and the Feds decide not to make you their bottom boy for an all night round the world party. The other much worse is the gun is connected to the distribution and sale of a schedule 1 narcotic which adds a mandatory min 5yrs on top of the already distribution charge. Do not look to state laws for help in regards of lbs off weed + firearms in a liberal democrat 2nd amendment stripping state.

PS..."My Cold Dead Hands"

no one is really legal in any state to grow weed much less grow weed and have firearms close by. just the way it is. I got my 38 snub on my hip and a few plants out back. Guess i'll always be "that guy" :p

but be warned....mix the two and it gets really ugly and will be in the papers no matter where you are. Drugs+guns=headlines.
headliners make you a target for WOD martyrdom.

Mutt said:
Drugs+guns=headlines.
headliners make you a target for WOD martyrdom.

Sad but true.....they also will say your crop was worth some crazy amount of cash. Guy gets popped with 10 plants in week one of flower and suddenly in the paper the pot was worth 50,000 dollars "street" value. Lol

:(

2 completely different hobbies that are neither intertwined

Sad state of affairs (CA)...

What if ALL guns are stored in a proper gun safe away from any stash???

Also someone mentioned "being addicted"...Who is to say who is addicted if they do not know the facts?? Hell I haven't smoked since Monday and I grow and collect.

I am just about to get my secondary County license but why bother if no matter what I am breaking the law and gonna get bent over???
I would rather loose my plant than my guns any days and the thought of loosing my guns BECAUSE of my plants is a crap situation...

Hmmmm...I will pay close attention to this thread..

I have no guns and have no intention of having one. Don't understand why you need guns ( and in plural ).

Carefull guys, ;) let's try to refrain from the usual 'pro/anti banter'. We don't want this turning too political. Believe me, I could go into a whole bunch of "why's", but that wasn't the question. He never asked if he "needed" them, only if it was illegal around a grow.

nowyoucanhaveit.jpg

Oki. But in my european mind you guys are "nuts" with all those guns around. Some ppl are good but some are evil. Very evil.
But will respect and will not make any judge. Peace :aok:

bho_expertz said:
Oki. But in my european mind you guys are "nuts" with all those guns around. Some ppl are good but some are evil. Very evil.

hee hee it's... okay bho;. I'm not going to judge you either :).. but you're certainly right about one thing.. "nuts" :hairpull:...w/all those guns".. BELIEVE it brother!!...:)

bho_expertz said:

Seems like you associate guns with shooting people and that simply is not the case.
Speaking for myself, I collect guns because I appreciate the mechanics and workmanship of the art of gun making.

I have allot more to say but I will bite my tongue.

animal454 said:
Seems like you associate guns with shooting people and that simply is not the case.
Speaking for myself, I collect guns because I appreciate the mechanics and workmanship of the art of gun making.

I have allot more to say but I will bite my tongue.

:aok:

bho_expertz said:
I have no guns and have no intention of having one. Don't understand why you need guns ( and in plural ).

Puts food in my freezer ;)

bho_expertz said:
Target shooting is as fun as fun can get, million reasons why, only one reason why not...fear. ;)

Some need to learn respect for such power before they can learn not to fear it. Being isolated from one of mans great inventions makes people ignorant (in its most pure use of the word). You just dont know so there really is no place for comment.

I am not trying to use an angry tone here. Just my opinion. :)

They are different points of view. The view with guns and the view without guns. You cannot say is ignorance unless if you are willing to accept that you also are a ignorant because you don't live in my point of view.

Perhaps if i lived in the Far "Old" West i would want that but not my case ;).

Hey Mutt what do you use for hunt ? A M14 rifle ? Just kidding folks. Have really a great weekend. With or without guns ;).

Latest posts

Back