MMJ and Gun Collecting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rockster said:
Oh the irony of it all. Cannabis is a no no but how many people get killed by people who are drunk and legally own a firearm?

Although I'm a Brit, was taught first with an airgun ( Original model 50 with Parker Hale scope) from age 8 and once I got to my teens joined a .22 rifle club (which had single shot Martini action rifles) and then did full bore, Lee Enfield .303 and Belgian FN 7.62's down at Bisley, shooting at up to 600 yards with iron sights.

I was also in the army cadets so fired a Bren .303 auto a few times and which was great fun and then.............I dropped acid for the first time and my whole view of firearms changed.

I'm not at all against firearms but believe they should be held in gun clubs when it comes to pistols but America is totally over the top when it comes to gun culture and if I lived there probably would spend my money on good home security rather than keep a gun in the house.

But I can't even visit America ever again as I have more than one cultivation conviction so am deemed persona non grata because of a bloody plant!

So I guess I'll never have the chance to shoot a wolf from a helicopter? :p

(tongue in cheek)....
FAR fewer than are drunk an own a car..:) we should probably keep cars restricted to car clubs as well :p "the irony" :p.. I have a cultivation conviction,.. and they won't let me "out" of the country!..:rofl:
I see wolves are making a come back on germany rocker, you may still get the opportunity ;)

.......but "what" does either have to do w/ collecting and cultivation?? Let's try not to get into the pros 'n cons, opinions, politics, or morality of the ownership. but focus on the "collecting and cultivation" query :) There's no need for this to slip into a mud slinging/gunslinging match. Which is what will happen, if we don't remain on topic.

when I read Rockstar was'nt welcome in US for grow conviction, My first thought was Man they should ban Sharon for being married to Ozzy, as our ozzy says its a crazy world,, anyway my Mrs. has a nice gun collection, Ya Hick reloading stuff,If they let us keep the guns but restrict the bullets, it will be sticks and stones, and me with my Darton compound, and my new Tomcat, archery is my thing, for home security I use Harbor Frieght motion detectors, and a real loud recording of patrick swazzee singing henry the 8th, with a, I've just called 911, scare the hell out of anybody!!

Hick said:
(tongue in cheek)....
FAR fewer than are drunk an own a car..:) we should probably keep cars restricted to car clubs as well :p "the irony" :p.. I have a cultivation conviction,.. and they won't let me "out" of the country!..:rofl:
I see wolves are making a come back on germany rocker, you may still get the opportunity ;)

.......but "what" does either have to do w/ collecting and cultivation?? Let's try not to get into the pros 'n cons, opinions, politics, or morality of the ownership. but focus on the "collecting and cultivation" query :) There's no need for this to slip into a mud slinging/gunslinging match. Which is what will happen, if we don't remain on topic.

No, America won't let me in, not England not let me out and my post was hardly anti gun, sheeit, I grew up with them and why would I want to kill a beautiful animal like that moron Palin does from a helicopter??

I've shot for the pot, ducks, geese, deer and wild boar in Poland so I'm not anti gun or anti hunting, just made a comment about the proliferation of hand guns in America but these days the only thing the authorities are likely to pry from my cold dead hand is my todger! :)

Oh, and I've fired a silenced Ingram MAC-10, (.45 acp, not your girly 9mm) as a friend had a family business gun shop, a bespoke shotgun makers and they had a military contracts division and I had the chance to empty a full mag on auto on their demonstration range, that was fun!

A bit weird it was, it was loaded with sub-sonic rounds and the loudest noise was the metal of the mechanism slapping forward and back, and my target was an old filing cabinet filled with old telephone books, made a right mess of it.

As regards collecting weapons, I can understand people wanting to collect a variety of various guns and rifles as some weapons are beautiful pieces of engineering in their own right and once saw but not fired a long barrelled gold plated ivory handled single action Colt .45 with the markings of the KKK on it, that was down at Bisley and it was like something out of Robocop when this guy started firing, a right hand cannon!

Wow this thread has made 3 pages and not a banning in sight.....nice job peeps.
I don't see the whole cultivation and gun ownership problem going away until our government pulls their heads out their butt on the cultivation part. Great strides hve been made by certain states yet as a nation we remain in the dark ages. Until the majority gets educated to the actual benefits of cannabis I am afraid we will sit here spinning our wheels. Jmo

Its because mp.c is an amalgamation of people around the world; and legal gun laws along with moral views of gun ownership change so drastically from state to state and more-so from country to country.

Having different views is just the way it is. :)

Much Respect Yall.

:peace:

sounds like we need a change in that Hick...we need to get "Marijuana" off the controlled substance list...Dout we can...

take care and be safe Everyone

while the batf approves sales of ak's to the zetas...:confused2:...

Hick said:
we should all read this pdf carefully.. ;)

so much for the second amendment
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

So basically by that PDF the ATF is in direct violation of the second amendment by denying the people of a free state following state law the right to bear arms even with a state legal issued medical card.

F the FED.

No offense people but i hope none of this is surprising to anyone, its seems quite clear, you have federal gun laws and the feds dont recognize legal Med MJ, so you cant expect the Feds to accept guns and what they consider to be an illegal narcotic under the same roof.

I've been 'collecting' way longer than I've been smoking/growing. The first firearm that *I* bought was a WWII surplus 1911A1 from the DCM (Department of Civilian Marksmanship). I was 13 and it cost a whopping $25 and was delivered by the USPS. Yes, this was quite legal back in 1961, before Kennedy got shot. Of course, you had to be on a NRA affiliated rifle or pistol team, which I was and my Dad had nothing to do with the transaction. He wasn't a member of the team. The pistol got stolen years later, but I still have the paperwork from the govt.

Don't feel so bad now. Someone asked me how many guns I had and I honestly didn't know. Over 20, less than 40 .... enough. 274? LOL, if TSHTF, you would probably die in front of the safe trying to make up your mind what to grab.;)

I don't reload ... yet. Well, I do have a Lee handloader for my .45-70 C.Sharps, but no real press. But, the movie 'Mad Max' made a big impression on me. Just substitute ammo for gas and guns for cars. In the late 90's, I quit buying guns (mostly LOL) and spent any extra $$$ for case lot ammo. Good thing too after seeing how prices have jumped after 2008.

Wet

I have heard people say that if TSHTF Ammo and whiskey will be the most valuable forms of currency, makes sense.

Wetdog said:
I've been 'collecting' way longer than I've been smoking/growing. The first firearm that *I* bought was a WWII surplus 1911A1 from the DCM (Department of Civilian Marksmanship). I was 13 and it cost a whopping $25 and was delivered by the USPS. Yes, this was quite legal back in 1961, before Kennedy got shot. Of course, you had to be on a NRA affiliated rifle or pistol team, which I was and my Dad had nothing to do with the transaction. He wasn't a member of the team. The pistol got stolen years later, but I still have the paperwork from the govt.

Don't feel so bad now. Someone asked me how many guns I had and I honestly didn't know. Over 20, less than 40 .... enough. 274? LOL, if TSHTF, you would probably die in front of the safe trying to make up your mind what to grab.;)

I don't reload ... yet. Well, I do have a Lee handloader for my .45-70 C.Sharps, but no real press. But, the movie 'Mad Max' made a big impression on me. Just substitute ammo for gas and guns for cars. In the late 90's, I quit buying guns (mostly LOL) and spent any extra $$$ for case lot ammo. Good thing too after seeing how prices have jumped after 2008.

Wet
You are sure right about the cost of ammo. I do have my favorites, and I would go for them first. I enjoy all sorts of shooting, from sporting clays to long range rifle target shooting, 500m-1500m. I do hunt for meat, and usually fill all my deer tags, as well as hunt Turkey, squirrel, rabbit, wild boar, bear and quail. It is easy to keep my freezer stocked, as I can hunt all of these within a 1000m of my back door. That is why the only gun I keep at my house, is my trusty 12gauge pump. It is the most versatile weapon to have on hand. I visit my fathers regularly, and we do a lot of shooting, reloading, and maintaining of weapons. But with a grow at my house, it is better to be minimally armed. Yes, the ATF regs, are tight, but you still must be convicted by a jury. A jury in the south, will recognize the necessity of having a shotgun in your home, when you can show a history of hunting, and enter a freezer full of wild game into evidence. Especially if you do not pick up the weapon, when the raid is conducted.

HomieHogleg

I am not an attorney, and the above info is my personal belief, and should not be taken as legal advice. I am just a stoner who likes to hunt and shoot guns.

I gave up my MJ card because I knew there was going to be a conflict with me having the MJ card and a CCW permit at the same time. Having said that -- moving my son's AK47 to storage and the SKS and the Mossberg -- sounds like a good idea now that I have read this thread. My 9mm Glock stays by my side though with my little 22long rifle American Arms which fits in the palm of my hand and will bring down most any attacker. It's also LOUD as Hell.

In Nevada, when you get the perscription for the card you are legal to go into the dispenseries and purchase weed. You have a year to file with the state and get the card. Of course, they have closed all the dispenseries, so neither the card or perscription mean anything right now. If they open back up I will get another perscription.

I don't have guns because I want to fight it out with the cops. I have guns because the bad guys all have them -- they steal them from houses all the time, and I am not the type to fall victim to any punk with a stolen gun. Better to be safe than sorry.

If I lived in England or some other country with a ban on owning firearms, I believe I would feel differently, but in this wonderful country, I feel so good with my Baby Glock tucked into my belt.

Latest posts

Back