MMJ for my dog??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rosebud said:
That is awesome. Is that a long time for her to go? I can't remember if you said how often she was having them. That would be so great. Keep it up.
She was up to 2 a day before I started this.

nova564t said:
If this helps great, I dont think my vet will be open minded enough to ask her and she wont be able to sell us any more expensive drugs which seems to be a priority for her.

YO...your dog needs a new vet. I was going to a vet that was all about the billing and not about the patient. Changed, and will never look back. My dogs are well cared for and I don't care what they charge me. (It's less too)

As for the MMJ for the pup...I'm going to go with the "medicine is medicine" on that. Given my dogs everything from ammodium to ibuprofin in the past. As a treat they even get a half a beer once in a while. Say what you will about that, but ask anyone I've ever trained a companion dog for if they have happy well behaved dogs!

Good luck man...

I mentioned that I give her 1-2 mls but that was wrong its more like 1/2 ml.

And yes Ben, we are gonna switch vets, the only reason we still go there is because my wife worked there for a while and made friends with a couple of the girls there.

So we are at 9 days now with no problems, I'm so happy we didnt decide to put her down before trying this. The potential for this drug seems to be limitless!!

As you can tell by my nicknames I am a dog lover. Bigger the better (looking at a great dane or british mastiff when i get my house complete.
I say if its improving the quality of life for the dog, go for it. No vet is going to say "yes it works" not a one.
No you should not be getting your dog stoned, but if it's not harming and it's helping then use it. If it comes down to that or putting her down keep her high. We do the same for our elderly (liquid injection morphine and hospice) why not for our dogs.

This is Bali, she's 9 and the subject of this experiment.

bali baby.jpg

I'm really happy for you and Bali. I know I'd do anything to keep my lil guy from suffering.

What a great thread!

I am very interested to hear this news. I think its great that the MMJ is working for your old girl. I have had a dog (not the same one!!) since I was nine years old ( I'm now 40) and its always so hard to see them getting older and have serious health issues. I cannot wait to tell this news to my vet. I'll report back to you all if he has any experience or has heard of anyone else using MMJ for dogs.

Good Luck with Bali, I am going to keep an eye on this thread to see how long she goes seizure free.

:woohoo: We are now past two weeks seizure free.:woohoo:

:dancing: :clap: 18 days and counting!!

Do you make your own tinc?

I'm very happy that she has been on the up side...My wife is happy for ya too...Keep up the good news!

Watched Run from the Cure today and after that believe it's a crime to deny us of the therapeutic effects of this lovely herb.

420_Osborn said:
Do you make your own tinc?

I'm very happy that she has been on the up side...My wife is happy for ya too...Keep up the good news!
No, I gave my caregiver status to a good friend and he made it. He gave me 5 oz of the stuff for free.

Well just moments ago she had her first seizure in 19 days, if was not as severe as others have been. I will up the dosage and see how she reacts, I can live with one every three weeks.

Yeah, Sorry man. :( I dont think I could handle that!

But 1 in 3 weeks is better than before...wasn't it every other day?

Thats cool that your friend gave you some for free...

420_Osborn said:
Yeah, Sorry man. :( I dont think I could handle that!

But 1 in 3 weeks is better than before...wasn't it every other day?

Thats cool that your friend gave you some for free...

Twice everyday man jeez cant u read hahaha just kidding :48: hit this

Latest posts

Back