MMJ for my dog??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another one about an hour ago, I still think it helps, gonna give it some more time, but I (we) cant deal with two a day. Maybe she'll go another 3 weeks without one, I will keep you all posted.

She had 1 more seizure on the 5th and none since then, the wife walked her today and said she did good so all in all shes doin pretty good.

weed wilmessup your littel 4 leg freinds liver and harm mybe kill dope and dogs dont go i would advise against this if you care for him wich i think you do and also iv herd weed to triger it not help,//peace

marijuana has been know to cause and also stop seizures in humans Jesuse. However the drugs they use in dogs for seizures can kill a dog, it did mine 8 years ago. Nova, has been very careful starting with a small dose and working up. It has already slowed the seizures down in his best friend and dog.
My vet told me it hasn't been researched cause there is no money for the pharmaceutical to do the research. Can't charge 500 bucks a month for pot for a dog.

I am very interested in this and am so hoping for the best. But, it already has been helpful, so yea for that. Keep it up Nova. Sorry I told your story and not let you do it yourself.

I have talked to 3 different vets and all said if its working to continue, THC can be toxic to a dog in very high doses, I've heard of a dog in Denver that died after pigging out from garbage cans from a dispensary, they figured he ate at least a pound of cookies. The amount I give her is less than a 1/4 of one of those cookies. I love my dog very much and this is a much better option than putting her down!!!!

Rosebud said:
marijuana has been know to cause and also stop seizures in humans Jesuse. However the drugs they use in dogs for seizures can kill a dog, it did mine 8 years ago. Nova, has been very careful starting with a small dose and working up. It has already slowed the seizures down in his best friend and dog.
My vet told me it hasn't been researched cause there is no money for the pharmaceutical to do the research. Can't charge 500 bucks a month for pot for a dog.

I am very interested in this and am so hoping for the best. But, it already has been helpful, so yea for that. Keep it up Nova. Sorry I told your story and not let you do it yourself.
No prob Rosebud thanks for the support!

I also had a dog ... After 12 years i had to put her down ...
I gave her three times MJ ... Once half a slice of a cake i brought from a travel to Amsterdam, one bowl of soup that i have made with the rests of 10 bottles of BHO and another piece of cake. She loved it ... But she also loved being around me wen i smoked. She loved me and i still love her.

Good luck nova ... Life can be a ***** sometimes.

No seizures for almost 3 weeks now, We're dividing the dose into two a day now, shes doing great and our vet now knows what we are doing and has no problem with it.

nova564t said:
I have talked to 3 different vets and all said if its working to continue, THC can be toxic to a dog in very high doses, I've heard of a dog in Denver that died after pigging out from garbage cans from a dispensary, they figured he ate at least a pound of cookies. The amount I give her is less than a 1/4 of one of those cookies. I love my dog very much and this is a much better option than putting her down!!!!

More likely the chocolate or all that sugar that resulted in that dogs demise.

Glad to hear you pooch is holding up well nova.

weed isnt gonna hurt a dog.. get them 2 high and they will be paranoid and act crazy.. just like us... a small dose and they will be fine. my homeboy has smoked out his dogs ever sence i can remember.. i think its great that its helping you out.. thats awesome to hear

It's a shame you can't document the treatment and offer it up to vets as an alternative, especially for those that might be inclined to prescribe it.

I just read the thread and this is some awesome stuff!!!

I am curious to know if their are any updates is with your dog. I hope you, your family, and her all doing well.

Bali is doing OK she seems to go 3-4 weeks without then she will have 2-3 seizures in a day, those days are hard to deal with but its better that when she was having them every couple days. Thanks for following and I'll keep updating her progress.

Nova,

You're up early! Aren't you a couple of hours behind us? (est)

Glad to read about about Bali's progress. Wish she wasn't having them at all, but like you said, at least it's better than it was.

Hope she continues to improve.

mainechowder said:
Nova,

You're up early! Aren't you a couple of hours behind us? (est)

Glad to read about about Bali's progress. Wish she wasn't having them at all, but like you said, at least it's better than it was.

Hope she continues to improve.

Yup I get up at 4, leave for work at 5. One thing the vet told us is that she would rather see a seizure every now and then so we know we arent over dosing.

After multiple seizures we had to have Bali put down at around 3 AM, thank you all for following this thread.

Latest posts

Back