Mobile Micro-gro on wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you again,
There are no cfm ratings on the blower but it will be useful at some point, especially in the summer. In the mean time, I have an old computer with a fan that I can use in the mean time.

The $300 that you mentioned, is for the HPS setup, correct?

The smaller than normal containers (prune juice) tend to dry out from the lights and I have found that pressing on the medium has shown that almost daily watering is necessary and I try not to over-water leaving the containers sitting in excess water, just enough to insure that the entire area inside has time to absorb the moisture. I am very careful about watering. The low humidity helps as well here in the desert.

Are the un-disolved particles detrimental, if so then I have an under-the-sink water filter for drinking water that I can change to for watering. Are you referring to lead, arsenic etc.?

Also concerning your SCRUG, do you leave your containers sittiing in the 6 gallons or just use it to simply contain your solution for recirculation with a pump?

You should consider transplanting into larger containers. I am guessing that you are probably root bound. How large are your containers? Do you have drainage holes?

Can't remember where I mentioned $300....you can get a small HPS for much less than that. Your space would do fine with a 150W or a 250W--keep your eyes open. If you find something, post what it is here and someone will tell you whether it is a good buy or not and whether it will work or not.

The SCROG (Screen of Green) I did was a DWC hydro grow and the plants sat in the tote. The roots were always partially submerged in highly oxygenated nute solution.

Undissolved solids, per se, are not harmful. There are many minerals in water that plants can use. However if it is too high, you have to subtract that amount from the nutrients you are using so you do not overfeed them. In addition, most people do not know what is in there water, hence they do not know what they are feeding their plants and in what quantities.

Sorry for the slow response, I spent the day aggravating myself, trying to find the best prices on 150 watt HID lights, solutions for my pH meter and found a 2 month old 150 watt one and bid $45 on Ebay for it. I did not want to end the day without something for all of my efforts so I also bought a 250 watt that has an electronic ballast for both MH and HPS. It only comes with the HPS bulb. It cost $135 shipped. The containers are about 32 0z. and I put 4 drainage holes at the bottom outer edge.

I also bought all of the solutions to get the proper pH and the storage solution as well. I could only find 2000K in the 250 watt range. will that spectrum be OK? I think that I may have ordered another bulb for it as well. I broke out my 9.99% MasterCard card just in case I have to make a few payments on these items.

I think that you were referring to a $300 investment overall for lights etc.

The prune juice containers will be replaced with gallon milk jugs painted flat black. I have them and the paint and plastic primer too when ready. They are not root bound yet but I am almost ready to do my next transplant and do some reorganizing at that time.

A thorough water analysis is down the road a piece. I'll just do my best with what I have to work with so far. Again, this is my first gro and a learning experience. I can't thank all of the contributors to my efforts enough.

Tomorrow will be Wally World and Home Depot day for additional supplies. Any additional suggestions for my list would be appreciated.

I assume that the nute juice is for hydro gros only?

I was able to buy 4ft t5 light fixture (2 tubes) at the Home depot........ I had to get a 3 prong cord (at home depot) and wire it up myself....... cost i think was around $40........ that included two tubes.......BTW..... I just got my nute juice in the mail today...... I grow dirt.

Grower13,
That is a great price compared to what I saw online. The cheapest 4 foot T12 was close to $50. I'll be there later today.

You just bought nute juice, and grow in dirt? Is that something that I should look into?

Thanks for your input.

You can pull a nice 400w setup for 300$ on wheels.. I was thinking of how to do it.. How many plants do you plan on running? I can build you a design for way under 300 for it all.

Can get a 400w HPS/MH reflector,bulb,ballast,chords,hangers for 120$ shipped to your door.

Its prtty nice also. Then I bought a new hood and bulb for 80$ shipped.

Prospector--sounds like you had a productive shopping day. I believe that you will be happy with your HPS. I would suggest getting nutrients on line. I use GH Flora 3 part series. Many others here use Fox Farm nutes. Other than that, it sounds like you are rockin'!

Be aware that not all T5s are the same. If you are buying T5s, you want the HOs (high output). Look for the 54W that put out 5000 lumens, there are some that are lower wattage and only put out 2000 lumens. This is not enough light for the amount of space the fixture takes up.

Thanks for the offer but I have to:
1) Do it indoors,
2) Keep it mobile,
3)Keep it small,
By "Law", I must do it in a securly locked building and be able to keep it out of sight in case the wrong people happen to stop by, therefore the mobile and smallness of my project.

Not long from now, I will have to split it into two small grows.
The legal limit at any one time is 12 plants! This is why I am buying extra items, including lights.

I expect with my investment as compared to my savings (not having to buy it), will eventually pay for all of the investment of time and money. This project also keeps me busy and out of trouble.

Thanks,
I noticed the HO setups in T12 and possibly T8 also but that was all.
Now that I have ordered the 250 watt HPS and might win the 150 Watt also, I have time to shop around prior to the need for my second mobile unit.

Prospector said:
Grower13,
That is a great price compared to what I saw online. The cheapest 4 foot T12 was close to $50. I'll be there later today.

You just bought nute juice, and grow in dirt? Is that something that I should look into?

Thanks for your input.

Like THG suggested....... General Hydroponics Flora series works great in dirt...... :icon_smile:

Prospector said:
I expect with my investment as compared to my savings (not having to buy it), will eventually pay for all of the investment of time and money. This project also keeps me busy and out of trouble.

It should pay for itself many, many times over......

Okay, Prospector, I see the method to your madness now :) I believe you have the determination to get this done. The HID lights will be your salvation, but your own ingenuity will carry you threw to the end. Never lose sight of the end -- you are doing this for the BUDS -- work toward that goal, my friend. Green Mojo to the mobile grow!

Peace

First, finding the kind of lighting needed isn't easy in Home Depot.
They did not have any "dual" T5 nor anything that came close to the HO type that was suggested. I could not even find the "color" of half of their products, including the 24" single T5 that I did buy, but first I waited about 30 minutes for someone that knew nothing about lighting to help me. I asked him to open the package before I would buy the T5 single to get the information about it first. I also bought a set of bulbs for my current 48" that is in my garage when I am ready for 4' fixtures.

I need help with some of the other purchases, such as:

1) The D. Earth is supposed to be applied and kept dry according to the instructions yet the bugs are breeding in the "moist" soil. How should I apply it since most of my growing area gets wet during watering? This bag has 77% d.e. and different baits and other ingredients. It is listed as being somewhat hazardous, from the dust, in the eyes and lungs. Does this sound like the normal type of d. e. that is used?

2)Remembering another soil prep that you have here, I bought Bone Meal and Blood meal. I was going to mix some into my remaining soil to use for my next transplant into one gallon containers. Can I add a little of each on top of my current soil that is in use?

3) I aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalso bought a 4 oz. bottle of "Superthrive" vitamins and hormones for root growth etc. Does anyone have any experience with this product? I added some to my water just after airiating it and put in a little too much, yet my plants seem to be OK.

4) I bought some stickey traps and they were all labled for flies. One "Victor product that said it was for "flying insects" so hopefully it will work. This type says that you won't get it stuck to you! Although my main concern is how to use this brand of d. e. "Safer" brand.

Thanks again for any and all assistance.

Prospector, Rosebud knows all about Superthrive --She even knows what it tastes like :)

Are you saying that you have bugs in your soil mixture? What kind of bugs?

You may want to cook your soil in an oven for a while -- I don't know.

Detyermination, my man -- determination....

Peace

In an earlier post, they were identified as a type of gnat. They could have come from a 2 gallon black container that I had outside. It was iron rich soil so I screened out the rocks larger than 3/8" and mixed it with my Hyponex potting soil, otherwise I am not sure of their origin. They are now in my gro soil breeding like flies! They look like they have a head similar to a sea horse and a pointed abdomen and rings out to the end of this black bug with opaque wings. I have magnification, since it is the size of a pin head.

Prospector said:
First, finding the kind of lighting needed isn't easy in Home Depot.
They did not have any "dual" T5 nor anything that came close to the HO type that was suggested. I could not even find the "color" of half of their products, including the 24" single T5 that I did buy, but first I waited about 30 minutes for someone that knew nothing about lighting to help me. I asked him to open the package before I would buy the T5 single to get the information about it first. I also bought a set of bulbs for my current 48" that is in my garage when I am ready for 4' fixtures.

When buying lighting look for 5000k to 6500k (Daylight or cool white) for Vegging and 2700k(warm white) for flowering

Prospector said:
I need help with some of the other purchases, such as:

1) The D. Earth is supposed to be applied and kept dry according to the instructions yet the bugs are breeding in the "moist" soil. How should I apply it since most of my growing area gets wet during watering? This bag has 77% d.e. and different baits and other ingredients. It is listed as being somewhat hazardous, from the dust, in the eyes and lungs. Does this sound like the normal type of d. e. that is used?

When using DE it is best to water from the bottom. If you have to water form the top, just water at the plant base and let the soil stay dry around the edges of the pot. Sprinkle the DE around the top of the soil.

Prospector said:
2)Remembering another soil prep that you have here, I bought Bone Meal and Blood meal. I was going to mix some into my remaining soil to use for my next transplant into one gallon containers. Can I add a little of each on top of my current soil that is in use?

You can top off but it won't supply the plants with much nutes. Blood and Bone meals needs to be broken down by the soil microbes before it becomes useable by the plants. That is why all the soil mixes have to set and "cook" for a month or more to get the most out of the addmenments(?)

Prospector said:
3) I aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalso bought a 4 oz. bottle of "Superthrive" vitamins and hormones for root growth etc. Does anyone have any experience with this product? I added some to my water just after airiating it and put in a little too much, yet my plants seem to be OK.

I don't think you can overdose with superthrive just 1 drop per gallion is all you need. I add 1 drop to every gallion of water i give my plants. I don't know forsure if it helps or not but its the way I was taught to grow mj so use it.

Prospector said:
4) I bought some stickey traps and they were all labled for flies. One "Victor product that said it was for "flying insects" so hopefully it will work. This type says that you won't get it stuck to you! Although my main concern is how to use this brand of d. e. "Safer" brand.

The Stickey traps capture the adults and help break the life cycle of the bugs they just take time to work right.

Thanks again for any and all assistance.[/quote]

Thanks for touching on all of these items. This is certainly a learning phase for me.

When you said "let it cook" or similar, for a month (soil mix with bone and blood meal), are you simply referring to the dry mixing with a little moisture in the mix?

Also concerning the d. e., how long after the first application do I need to bottom water with a little on top center, till I don't see them for a week or longer?

In your "Handle" Ozzydiodude, does that infer that you are into electronics (diode)?I ask because I have an expensive Circuit board that needs capacitors etc. and could use some advise or assistance. It is for a military generator that I am re-doing.

Prospector said:
Thanks for touching on all of these items. This is certainly a learning phase for me.

When you said "let it cook" or similar, for a month (soil mix with bone and blood meal), are you simply referring to the dry mixing with a little moisture in the mix?

You mix up everything you want in your soil mix. water it real good and let it set some where covered up. when it starts getting warm the microbes are starting to work so stir it up(once a week is the way I do it) for at least a month 2 months are better imo.

Prospector said:
Also concerning the d. e., how long after the first application do I need to bottom water with a little on top center, till I don't see them for a week or longer?

I would bottom water til the plants are harvested and keep the DE on top. some bugs lay eggs that do not hatch at the same time and when you think you have them whipped they show back up in force and if you are in flowering it to late to fight them.

Ozzy, (I hope that simply "Ozzy" is OK) I gave the soil preperation my best guess as to the 2 to 1 mix of blood meal to bone meal, mixed well after adding quite an increase of moisture as well. My "soil tote" was in the garage, indoors would be better correct for the microbes and other things to happen? My garage in Arizona warms to above freezing during the day and even stays above freezing more often than a person might think.

Thanks again for the advice, links, and your willingness to help this novice grower.

Ozzy is what most use and fine by me. Most of us here just want to see ppl grow their own and get a better enjoyment for their life

Growing it alone is enjoyable but since mine is a Medical Gro, Those brief moments, seemingly, don't last long enough for me, but after the 4th or 5th toke I start to almost feel human again.

Also, the qualifying doctor told me to Eat IT, and I am getting mighty tired of green oatmeal, yet it lasts when I eat about 2 or 3 dubes worth and just go to bed and try to enjoy myself. Now back to the green oatmeal, is there a post with recipes for those of us that eat it also?

Latest posts

Back