Modern Day Reefer Madness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
Ok I am going through the cannabis news stories on the internet today and I see this story everywhere.

I doubt many of the reported facts of these news articles.

People overdose and die from opiates everyday and every night.
Opiate addiction and overdoses are a big problem in the USA.

Why is this story all over the headlines? ~ Burnin1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Foxnews.com

Vermont housekeepers hospitalized after mistakenly eating marijuana edibles, police say

843505434_d6e1861e5c_z.jpg

By Madeline Farber

Two housekeepers in Vermont were hospitalized Wednesday after they unknowingly ate marijuana edibles that were left behind by guests at Shelburne Farms, police said.

The housekeepers, who have not been identified, decided to taste what they believed to be malted milk balls placed in a box labeled “salted caramel chocolates,” Shelburne police told the Burlington Free Press.

Shortly after, both employees fell ill -- one of whom was so sick she was found “lying in the inn’s driveway,” the newspaper reported.

"They certainly weren't in any shape to work," Officer Joshua Flore with the Shelburne Police Department told the Burlington Free Press of the women, adding that there was no indication on the box that the chocolates contained marijuana.

The guests who left the edibles will not face charges, Flore said.

“Two employees at the Inn at Shelburne Farms fell ill this morning after ingesting something that came from outside of Shelburne Farms. They have been taken to the hospital and we hope they will make a full recovery soon. We are doing our best to be careful about protecting the privacy of our employees,” the inn said in a statement to the Burlington Free Press.

The employees’ conditions are currently unclear.

Starting July 1, adults 21 years or older can possess small amounts of marijuana in Vermont. Flore called the incident at Shelburne Farms a “big lesson,” warning residents to keep it away from children and pets.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These links are some examples of the media coverage of this story today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eepers-unconscious-eating-guests-edibles.html

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/marijuana-candy-leaves-housekeepers-hospitalized/ar-AAyEhr0

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/n...bles/465-ca09cf94-0ad9-4947-a9b1-fa7e14e6d8f2

http://www.policemag.com/channel/pa...ized-after-unwittingly-consuming-edibles.aspx

http://torontosun.com/news/world/in...ests/wcm/4f7579d6-6381-47b7-9f1d-7b7ec7258479

http://www.wcax.com/content/news/2-workers-found-unconscious-at-Shelburne-Farms-485382961.html

https://nypost.com/2018/06/14/inn-workers-get-sick-after-eating-pot-laced-candy-left-by-guests/

https://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/a...after-eating-pot-laced-chocolate-12993846.php

https://bismarcktribune.com/news/na...cle_c3a305d3-ad81-5ee0-8895-b7aab3cec0eb.html

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws-inn-workers-eat-pot-candy-20180614-story.html

https://www.necn.com/news/new-engla...ter-eating-pot-laced-chocolate-485591381.html

Don't worry. It won't be long before the "Opiate Epidemic" is over.

Don't get me wrong. Nothing will change. Everyone will still be taking record amounts of opiates. And, overdosing and dying. Pharmacoms will continue to rebate doctors to addict us all.

However, what is going to change is that the "Epidemic" will be over. No more news coverage. No more giant stories about opiates. No more President's wives and congressman's wives taking "anti-opiate" stands. No more "epidemic" at all.

What? Why, you ask? LOL

Because big Pharm is getting sick and tired of the country (and most specifically, the major news outlets) engaging WAR against the products that are making them SO MUCH MONEY. I own Pharm stocks, and always have. They are shooting through the roof. And have been for decades. They are NOT going to give this up to a bunch of crying citizens and whining TV newscasters, just because people are dying. Who cares? It's MONEY. Humans have always died for money. They don't give a damn who's dying.

Very soon, I predict the Parms will go to congress and (quietly) tell them that if the WAR against opiates doesn't stop.... contributions will.

Overnight, laws will pass to stop the news from talking about opiates. I can't say why. I can guess at a million excuses they could use. But ONE will stop all the crying from TV and very possibly celebs as well. That will leave millions of rebleating sheeple to cry about something else (whatever the news tells them to). Maybe another 911. Whatever. Believe me when I say..... I got a real strong feeling that Pham is sick and tired of this crap and they are on the edge. Backed into a corner, any animal will attack. Pharms are about to attack.

Just my opinion but, it seems real real logical to me given the nature of human beings and money. I guess we will soon see if I'm right.

EDIT: And, actually, your original post is a good example. The news will be TOLD to focus on cannabis bad news rather than opiate bad news. Redirection, I believe it's called.

Remember the national debt? LMAO EVERYONE was all about it. The news had 'clocks' showing the ever increasing debt. I asked 10 people at my last gig what happened to the national debt.

8 people said it was balanced. LMAO OMG!! The other 2 just said, "What?"

Whatever is on the news is what is important. Soon, opiates simply won't be in the news, just like the national debt is no longer in the news. In 10 years you'll ask someone what happened to the 'opiate epidemic' that they will say, "What?". ROTFLMAO

Last edited:
I can’t get opiates any longer for chronic pain and I for one am miffed over that. I don’t take them regular, or should I say I wouldn’t. Only when I have to walk a lot, my hips aren’t what they used to be. Even though I got one shiny new one, it still talks to me. But, I want my opioids back! I want to get some from the Doc. I promise not to get addicted, I promise to keep them all to myself.

As for the national debt Hakerman, lol, all those whiny folks just upped the national debt big time with their new tax laws. I’m old, I want my opioids back.

Those maids should know better than eat stuff left by guests. Seems to me it might be a case of instant justice. I wonder what they are into while the guests are still checked in.

I have friends who are opiate heads. Most of them are old and in a lot of pain and need them just to function. Why the **** do the rebleating sheeple in this country feel they need to take that away from them. If they want to be opiate addicts for the short rest of their life, I believe that is their choice, not the evening news or the house of representatives.

Personally, I am totally against using opiates. I like to pooop more than once a month. But, I certainly will defend to the death the people's right to choose if they want to do opiates or not. Like TC..... Bud, it's your decision, not theirs.

/rant

I wouldn’t mind them going after the black market of opiates...round here recently a couple of people died from using what they thought was hydrocodone but was actually fentanyl...my wife uses hydrocodone or Norco for her back pain...they seem to be tightening the legal process though so she now has to pay for a doctor visit every 3 months to get a new prescription, driving up the cost...Pot helps but not like the Norco...Pot helps us sleep though and quality of sleep helps against the pain...

I know an 84 year old man with bone cancer and lots of other maladies, his ass of a doctor pulled his hydrocodone after him being on it for a lot of years. The poor man. I think the doctor should be sued. That is not good medicine. He is at a pain clinic now and hoping to get some relief.

Burnin--I'm with you--these stories are just **. First of all, what kind of idiot eats food products that they just find laying around!?! Second, they did not get sick and fall ill. They ate food they found lying around that contained cannabis and overdosed. The antidote is sleep. They were never in any danger. A hospital stay is actually pretty ludicrous. Like you, I don't understand why this is even a story. People die everyday from opioids and side effects of other legal medications. Stupid Reefer Madness in this day and age.

Does anyone here know who tells the newspapers and TV news WHAT stories to print and show?

I believe many of these news organizations are owned by a few corporations or owners. They can dictate what kind of news stories their news outlets should focus on.

yes. The same who capitalize on opiates, war and other human vices since the beginning of currency.

Exactly. So, why do we all watch it EVERY DAY as a very important part of life? LMAO

Seems funny that people would spend so much time watching something they know is opinionated and one-sided. Yet, the TV news is the highest rated shows on TV.... by a landslide.

My step-daughter is a newscaster for a national TV news. I'm sure most of you watch her every single day. Most of her fans think SHE decides what news is on and SHE writes the news and SHE does it all. LMAO People just insanely love her. You should see her fan mail both email and paper.

If I could tell you some of the things she has told me.... OMG!!! Calls to the news director from congressmen and from Washington EVERY DAY telling him what do say and do.

If you watch the TV news or you read a major newspaper and you repeat it or post it or tell anyone about it or discuss it or believe (or not), I want you to repeat after me....... I am proud to be a member of the rebleating sheeple of planet Earth. LMAO

Last edited:
I read books, and more books and more books. The news is addicting, and I also beleive it is spoon fed to the masses. You can tell who is watching it by the add placement. I do like some Price is Right in the morning some days.

I beleive drugs/healthcare as a whole should be socialized and available to all. Penicillin to opioids. If your hurting bad or sick, the relief should not be withheld because of money or addiction (there is always the choice to put the pill in your mouth).

If you watch the TV news or you read a major newspaper and you repeat it or post it or tell anyone about it or discuss it or believe (or not), I want you to repeat after me....... I am proud to be a member of the rebleating sheeple of planet Earth. LMAO

So by posting news articles I am a "rebleating sheeple of planet earth."? Really? What does that make one who reads such posts? lol

Another proud member, that's what. LMAO We are all guilty. I'm certainly no exception. LMAO

I wasn't directing it at you or any one individual. Just all the members of the planet Terra. :)

Luv ya bud. No offense meant, certainly. :)

I read books, and more books and more books. The news is addicting, and I also beleive it is spoon fed to the masses. You can tell who is watching it by the add placement. I do like some Price is Right in the morning some days.

I used to get my kids together when they were 7, 8 and 10 and read Shakespeare to them. One year they all decided each family member would pick a character from Hamlet and memorized the entire play. At the end of the year, we were going to do a show for the neighbors. We never got around to the show but all the practice and learning and family fun we had together was the real reward.

I like to read. I do most of my reading off the screen these days. I really find it easier to read off the screen than to use a book or a newspaper format. I have been like that since computers came out. Born to be nerd, I guess. LOL I still read old Bibles from paper. It's hard to find the kind of Bibles I read online.

Tv/cable/sat has not been in my home in well over a decade. It is not entertainment. It is social programming. WE will tell you what is good for you. WE will tell you what is right and what is wrong. WE will tell you what the new NORMAL is. WE will tell you what OUR children should be thinking while you rear them.

The worldwide undercurrent that most are oblivious to is for many reasons but mostly due to willful ignorance.

"As long as the beer is cold and the pizza is delivered hot, don't bother me." mentality.

I agree about spoon fed to the masses, but most do not see that the diet that we are being spoon fed has been in the works for centuries and the hands that control it are very few.

I haven't watched the news in two or three years now. I haven't missed a thing. Except that volcano. Took me a couple weeks to hear about that. Lol.

My home is pleasant, without cable, satellite, antenna or home internet.
If I can't get the true story, or the whole story, then I may as well not even hear about it.

Latest posts

Back