Moist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
If I put a dehumidifier in my 3x3 grow tent would it even do anything since I am using an intake that is coming from my bedroom? Would I have to dehumidify my bedroom? And would that create dry eyes and throat? Also how big of a unit would I need to make a difference? Thanks.

Also how much heat do they put out?
And why when my temp drops my humidity goes up? Seems ass backwards.

Without the du-huey how high does your humidity get. What is the humidity in your bedroom.
when my lights are out my temps are 69 and humidity is 55 which is a flowering VPD nono. Lights on temp mazes at 80 with a humidity at 55 which is perfect VPD in flowering. I would like to reduce my humidity during lights out.

I’ve used a small dehumidifier in my 2x4 tent to bring down humidity. It has to be emptied everyday maybe even twice if your humidity is high. I collected about 3/4 cup a day so it does work but I usually turn up my vent fan to bring down the humidity before breaking the dehumidifier out

if you do get a dehumidifier inside your tent, make sure that there is no light or lit buttons and if there are, you cover them up. I remember Pute saying that that little light can cause your plants to hermi

mine is kinda like this one. I got it at goodwill for 3 bucks
41F0895A-6BEF-41A4-B563-8783D6A24A1C.jpeg

when you stop over this week check out my dehumidifier, I pull 2.5 gallons of water out of the air daily...I have a choice of a dry grow room or mildew...it's been a nightmare that almost convinced me to stop growing...I can buy top shelf weed for under 1K per pound and I know it costs me at least that to operate...

My humidity must be around 55 in my bedroom, so I am thinking that turning up my fan, and putting a small humidifier in the tent won't do much if anything. I am thinking I need to drop the humidity in my bedroom to get the humidity lower in my tent since that is where the air is coming from. No?

when you stop over this week check out my dehumidifier, I pull 2.5 gallons of water out of the air daily...I have a choice of a dry grow room or mildew...it's been a nightmare that almost convinced me to stop growing...I can buy top shelf weed for under 1K per pound and I know it costs me at least that to operate...
Can't wait to meet the heathens.

• Love
Reactions: boo
Ivan will come at you with purpose, he's over 90 pounds now and is still a loose cannon...runs wide open throttle with his mouth open and tongue flailing...
the air feeding the room should be the air you want to dry...

Ivan will come at you with purpose, he's over 90 pounds now and is still a loose cannon...runs wide open throttle with his mouth open and tongue flailing...
the air feeding the room should be the air you want to dry...
he better not knock this decrepit old man over, lol.

But you are pulling air from your bedroom and not just your closet right? I’m trying to remember you have more than one tent in there too right? And it’s pretty filled up with tent right? Is your closet door open or closed? Just trying to remember…

RH of 55% at room temperature isn't a big deal IMO. If you want to bring it down, though, a dehumidifier in your room is the way to go. It will work just as well in the room the air comes from as it does inside the tent, and it won't take up grow space.

But you are pulling air from your bedroom and not just your closet right? I’m trying to remember you have more than one tent in there too right? And it’s pretty filled up with tent right? Is your closet door open or closed? Just trying to remember…
My closet is open on the top if you can picture that. It shares the same air as my bedroom. My closet door is shut and locked though. I have my 6" intake on the floor up against that closed door with a gap under the door which draws air from my bedroom also. Then I also dropped a 4" line from my central air directly into my tent.
I am thinking I would have to buy a decent sized dehumidifier to remove the humidity from my room, which the door stays open to the rest of the house, but at least it should remove some moisture and hopefully get my humidity down in to the 40's that would match well with my higher temps with lights on to get me in the green on the VPD chart. I'm just wondering if it would really make a difference, I think so. But would it make it dry, and maybe cause dry throat and eyes? Guess I won't know until I try it. I am looking at room size dehumidifiers in Facebook marketplace. Might give it a shot. The flowering VPD char is different than the vegetive VPD chart.
If you scroll down on this page you will see each plant phases recommended temps and humidity for optimal growth. I am sure you have looked at it before.

https://pulsegrow.com/blogs/learn/vpd-charts-in-fahrenheit-and-celsius-with-leaf-temperature

RH of 55% at room temperature isn't a big deal IMO. If you want to bring it down, though, a dehumidifier in your room is the way to go. It will work just as well in the room the air comes from as it does inside the tent, and it won't take up grow space.
I concur. Sourcing out a used one as i type this. What can it hurt?.

Latest posts

Back