molassis in water of budding plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chronicman

Reaction score
has anyone ever heard of putting molassis in the water when your plant is near finished. i heard it adds flavour and weight but i am worried it might cause root dammage. any help would be great

I don't know about putting straight molasses but I do know that some hydro nutrients have it in the flower blend. I can smell it in mine (GH flora-nova).

Yes you can add it but it is more about supplementing the plants carbohydrates as they get all used up during flowering. i have heard a lot of people using molasses but there are a lot of better sources of carbs for your plant.

I use Carbo load made by advanced nutrients. This exactly matches the plants carbohydrates and eliminates any waste from using things such as molasses. I start using this product about a week or two into flowering, and continue until the final flush.

This serves two pursoses for me as I also utilize benefical bactaria and fungi in my grow to help fight disease and stimulate explosive root growth. This carbo load also feeds them so that they thrive because plant carbohydrate is what they eat.

Here is a pic of the carbo load.

CarboLoadPowder_label1.jpg

you can use this to bring out the aroma's and give your plant a boost in the production of its essential oils. This will give a better tasting and smelling final product.

This is made from carbohydrates also but it is made from a different blend and has a different end result, so both this and carbo load can be use together.

sweetleaf2.jpg

MissMolly said:
bugs and mice may come to visit

The carbohydrates are dissolved into the nutrient solution, and I have never heard of anyone getting mice or bugs from using carbohydrate supplements. The key to keepings bugs and mice away is cleanliness.

People add all sorts of sweet things to their plants during budding. It can help to increase potency a bit.
A neighbor pours Coke on his plants.

I have a friend who owns a hydro store and is the most expert grower I know. He recommends adding a few ounces of unsweetened pineapple juice per gal of water/nutrients during the last month of flowering.

I mainly use carbs because they give the plant extra energy to produce bigger buds and more resin. I also as stated use carbs to feed the little community of microorganisms that I add to my grow. (piranah + Voodoo juice)

Latest posts

Back