Mold in floowering room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oregonduck76

Reaction score
I am currently bring in cool air with a 10" squirrel fan to save on a/c costs and for fresh air. It seems to me after harvests, that a small amount of mold collects under the carpeting. Advise needed, thanks guys.

Do you have anything between your pots and the carpet? A woodenboard would suffice.

-nasty

Are you saying you get mold in your carpet??

if so, rip it out, there is no need for carpet in a grow room, if you are worried about the appearance of the room get a tent.

This is from spillage or to high humidity or condensation or all 3. I would remove carpet or put some rubber down. Keep an eye on your humidity. What is under the floor? Slab. crawl space? Was thinking of maybe temperature change between warm grow room air and a cold floor

I use a rubber pond liner under my pots and have made a lip all the way around about 4 inches deep. If all the water in my pots ran out it would just have to be soaked up from the liner. Makes it real easy to wipe up messes and lets you know when you need to vacuum.

The problem with the rubber liner is that the moisture in the air will wick into the carpet over time and then will condensate out against the liner and keep the carpet just damp enough to allow mold and mildew to thrive. Now that it is there, it will continue to come back everytime there is moisture present. You need to pull all that carpet out the next time you can and spray it with clorox to kill the mold n mildew so it doesn't migrate to the plants or soil.

I keep all my stuff on a raised wood platform(3-6" on small stuff. 8" on my big hydro system, where I have my rez beneath everything) so that air can get beneath it to minimize trapped moisture, and to make it easier to clean up spills. :)

Let me correct myself by saying take the carpet out and toss it, then spray the floor of the growspace with clorox to kill any spores.

No carpets man in the growroom ... Remove it and use some plastic in the floor.

I just put carpet in my room because it was just bare concrete slab and was too cold...what would be the alternative

You could also get some plywood and cut it to fit close and then double it up. It won't raise the plants to high when they are bigger and need the verticle space, and the wood is a good insulator that would keep out the cold.

thanks for the advice everyone. Wood slab seems to be the consensus here and in theory it seems logical. appreciate the advice, the mold is underneath the carpet and since i live at sea level, most likely thats where the condensation comes from.

Latest posts

Back