Mold on soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeaArthur

Reaction score
I have my plant in a closet in a room in the basement. The room is heated with electrical heat, ambient temp is around 22-23 Celcius (not sure what that is in Farenheit, probably closer to 72-75 i think). I water the plant twice a week; nutes on Tuesdays, water on Friday's. Currently in the flowering cycle. I run a fan in the room, with the closet door open for an hour every day when the lights are on.

I've just noticed that mold is starting to form at the very surface of the soil. :eek: Is there anything else I can do to prevent it? :confused:

I know dish soap works for bugs, but would it work on mold too?

Any suggestions?

havent had this problem yet ethier but i would guess to scrape the first half inch of soil and replace it that might work try it it cant hurt :rolleyes:

scrape the mold off. you may be keeping it too damp. does your dirt dry out completely before you water it? mold is caused by excessive moisture.

it's usually just drying up by the time I water again...

I'll try slacking off on the watering, I'm sure that'll work

The perfect growing temp. would be about 27 Celsius. It's a little cold for them at the moment :) This could mean slower growing and bud forming. Maybe this also has a little to do with the mold.

You can also put a little sand or perlite on top which would give more reflection and light to the plants, some growers do it here.

hey that's a great suggestion ( the sand )...

It'll dry out the soil...

I'll let you know how it turns out, thanks!

Latest posts

Back