Mold or mildew on my soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High how are you

Reaction score
hello all hope everyone is having an awesome grow experience this is my first run and I have this white fuzz mold on my soil that has appeared after a deep watering . I have my plants in 7 gallon pots and fed them about 300 mL of nutrients and the following day I watered the 2 gallons. Well I noticed this mold ontop and I have removed it and it appears to have some more on just one plant . I was told perhaps it could be beneficial bacteria but I’m not sure . Should I remove most of the soil ontop which could be negatively affected and replace with fresh soil ? Thanks again guys

Attachments

• 1B53E224-747A-4BC6-8393-0F6870204BE3.jpeg
    1B53E224-747A-4BC6-8393-0F6870204BE3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
if it's on the soil it's in the soil...replacing the top layer isn't gonna change much below the surface...how humid is your climate...

This is true thanks ! The humidity is 50 % and it’s week 4 of flower the temp in that tent is 74 . In my other tent in the grow room is 68 and the humidity is 57%. It’s my first time doing this and anxious to stay on top make sure there healthy before harvest not really sure whether to do ipm or anything at this point . Thanks again for any suggestions

I can only wish for such low humidity...I live in a swamp and humidity hovers around 85% but never see mold on the soil mix...hydrogen peroxide will kill the mold but it also kills beneficial bacteria that is needed in the soil...surface spray only if that makes you feel warm and fuzzy...I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets out of control and even that, don't what you could do...shouldn't be an issue

Will do thank you !! Today I will just nutrient feed I let the soil dry now for about 5 days . I have a sealed tent as a grow room for my grow tent and have seen the humidity drop but im dealing with limited plug in connections so I don’t have alot of fans going I will game plan how to fix that

Will do thank you !! Today I will just nutrient feed I let the soil dry now for about 5 days . I have a sealed tent as a grow room for my grow tent and have seen the humidity drop but im dealing with limited plug in connections so I don’t have alot of fans going I will game plan how to fix that
Get a power strip with multiple outlets and a timer. You can plug fans (exhaust and air movement) in the unswitched side and your grow light in the switched side for flowering.

I’m sad my friends I have spider mites one one of my plants I isolated her foliar sprayed her with dish soap alcohol 70% and water and brushed and also hit the soil with 29% peroxide and nukem ipm spray. It’s week 4 of flower idk what to do throw her away or keep her I have my other 6 plants in another tent in my enclosed grow room

Get her away from your other plants if it's not to late already.
Better check any plants that were around her for SM because they spread very quickly.

I’m sad my friends I have spider mites one one of my plants I isolated her foliar sprayed her with dish soap alcohol 70% and water and brushed and also hit the soil with 29% peroxide and nukem ipm spray. It’s week 4 of flower idk what to do throw her away or keep her I have my other 6 plants in another tent in my enclosed grow room

sounds like fungus gnats to me

Gnatrol for the win

I apologize I am not 100 % sure if it is spider mites it was a long day was up since 6 am with my new born and was able to get to my plants at 10 pm at night . It was black insect crawling pretty fast and I noticed like maybe 5-6 white strings on trunk and I freaked out and cleaned out and isolated it from other plants

I apologize I am not 100 % sure if it is spider mites it was a long day was up since 6 am with my new born and was able to get to my plants at 10 pm at night . It was black insect crawling pretty fast and I noticed like maybe 5-6 white strings on trunk and I freaked out and cleaned out and isolated it from other plants
Search for pics of spider mites and fungus gnats. That should point you in the right direction as far as identifying what kind of bugs you have. There are insecticides that are relatively safe to use but I always worry if I have to spray during flower.

Not mites if you saw with naked eye, You need a scope to see them

Not mites if you saw with naked eye, You need a scope to see them
I can see spider mites without a loupe. They are about the same size as a deer tick(tiny but visible). Just watch for moving black dots. Mites aren’t fast but are a pain in the arse…

I can see spider mites without a loupe. They are about the same size as a deer tick(tiny but visible). Just watch for moving black dots. Mites aren’t fast but are a pain in the arse…
Never have I seen a mite without some type of magnifier ,

Im speaking of 2 spotted mites not the ones from fir trees that you can collect on a piece of white paper after shaking the tree branches over it.

Latest posts

Back