Mollasses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazmaine420

Reaction score
I see a lot of people talking about using mollasses in there nute solution. Can anyone point me to info on this. How much to use? When to use? And why exactly?

Molasses can be used throughout an entire grow to feed the micro colony I use about 1 tablespoon per gallon... a wise man once said you feed the soil not the plants

Yeah, if you are growing in soil, and/or using organic nutrients then you will need to ffeed the microbes in the soil to get them going, and to help them multiply so that they can process the organic nutrients. If you are not using organics/"natural" soil then you don't need to use the molasses. I think most who use it put about 2-3Tbsp into a gallon of water.

I agree--molasses does not have any value much value unless you are growing organic. It does not, for example, makes the buds bigger or sweeter. It feeds the microbes in the soil in organic grows.

I have never corrected Hushpuppy and probably won't ever again, but 1 Tablespoon molasses in one gallon of water is enough.

Hushpuppy is correct and the real organic growers use 2-3 TBS per gallon water

Rose, anytime you see something that I am incorrect about, feel free to correct me as I can screw up as good as anyone :doh: Old dogs can still learn new tricks :D

I am currently running all organics and used molasses for the very first time this run. I used one tablespoon per gallon of water given every three weeks. Although I didn't run a control to see if it has any actual growth results the girls seem super healthy. It is really cheap so I believe I will continue it's use.

you want to use it every watering. otherwise you starve the microbes

Ben

Latest posts

Back