Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Moonshiners

HemperFi

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2011
Messages
2,014
Reaction score
95
I felt an affinity with those guys. Whay they do is a lot like growing a crop of weed -- and just as dangerous. They work hard as well. More power to the "Moonshiners."
 

ozzydiodude

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
9,142
Reaction score
4,319
There is no where near the money in shine that people think there is. It hard sweaty work. That can cause you to do some hard time just like weed.

From what I have seen on the show it looks like they don't take pride in what they make and I would not drink it. The copper pipes look like they used regular solder and not true silver solder and that can mess up the taste and quality of the moonshine plus cause some people problems too.
 

HemperFi

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2011
Messages
2,014
Reaction score
95
Still... they do a "blend," we do a cure, and in the show I watched, they seemed to know what their customers wanted -- so do we...

Now, they are a bit, um, country, but they seem like pretty good ol'boys to me.
 
T

Time4Plan-B

Guest
What do you mean 'customers' we all do it for our own bud.
Lol
T4
 

NorCalHal

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
2,675
Reaction score
3,276
HemperFi said:
Still... they do a "blend," we do a cure, and in the show I watched, they seemed to know what their customers wanted -- so do we...

Now, they are a bit, um, country, but they seem like pretty good ol'boys to me.
Great post, this explains alot.
 

HemperFi

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2011
Messages
2,014
Reaction score
95
alot is two words -- just keeping it real...

It might interest you to know that I haven't sold a gram of my homegrown. I do know what people like to smoke tho...

You can call them "patients" if you like -- I'm not so delusional...

One in a thousand people are using weed for medicine -- 999 are just getting high.

All of this self-ritcheousness pains me -- If a person is selling their weed (vending) they are in it for the money -- say what you will...

Peace
 

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
8,070
Reaction score
781
I'm the first one to admit when I got my start into growing years ago, it was strictly commercial, I propagated. my partners were the labor and housing (so to speak). I was a huge opponent of medical marijuana because i thought it to be a scam and that it should be legal for anyone, not just people w/ horrible debilitating illnesses. Now, don't get me wrong, I never sold anything of qty w/my partners unlike them, I just did it for the free smoke. My partners have since quit and moved on but I still grow for myself....AND on my own schedule. I've met a few REAL ppl that necessitated the use of MMJ and it's since changed my opinion on the matter.

I gotta admit, ppl who say they've never sold weed and grow it are...dubious in their truthfulness, at best...sorry peeps, jmo/experience :rolleyes:
 

warfish

Random title
Joined
Nov 23, 2009
Messages
616
Reaction score
261
Back to the topic on hand ... I think the show is a lot of fun to watch. I enjoy learning of other peoples ways and this is a fun way to learn about these guys :)

I was pretty surprised the first episode or two when the main guy brought his young son to help set up the still. I couldn't imagine having a son that young helping me set up a grow room, lol. They learn the art at an early age. At least he didn't have his son help through the distilling as well :)
 

ston-loc

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 18, 2011
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
116
HemperFi said:
You can call them "patients" if you like -- I'm not so delusional...

One in a thousand people are using weed for medicine -- 999 are just getting high.
Dude, this is 100% bunk. All in the interpretation. Check it out. I work construction. I have a permanent back injury too. Not enough so that I cant work, but enough that I'm in pain daily. I can pop vicodin, get my prescribed high that jacks my stomach and liver up, be constipated, lose weight, not be able to eat, and sometimes fall asleep without being in pain. OR I can smoke a bowl, get high as a mofo, (which I've never said I don't enjoy), and feel great, be able to eat, and fall asleep like a baby in lesser pain. By your statement its one or the other. So my MMJ rec is bogus because I enjoy getting high? No, I enjoy and am damn proud to have a higher quality of life NOT on prescription pills. What do you care to what extent MJ benefits people? The whole skepticism FROM smokers just baffles me. It should be legal across the board IMO, but just because we in CA worked our state law pretty damn close to that some of you seem to be just talking trash out of jealousy. Just the way it seems from here.
 

HabitualConcepts

It just come natural
Joined
Dec 14, 2011
Messages
97
Reaction score
2
That show is pretty sweet, but I always feel like so much "true" tv is fake. Even some of the things I saw on that show kinda made me wonder.
 

NorCalHal

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
2,675
Reaction score
3,276
ston-loc said:
Dude, this is 100% bunk. All in the interpretation. Check it out. I work construction. I have a permanent back injury too. Not enough so that I cant work, but enough that I'm in pain daily. I can pop vicodin, get my prescribed high that jacks my stomach and liver up, be constipated, lose weight, not be able to eat, and sometimes fall asleep without being in pain. OR I can smoke a bowl, get high as a mofo, (which I've never said I don't enjoy), and feel great, be able to eat, and fall asleep like a baby in lesser pain. By your statement its one or the other. So my MMJ rec is bogus because I enjoy getting high? No, I enjoy and am damn proud to have a higher quality of life NOT on prescription pills. What do you care to what extent MJ benefits people? The whole skepticism FROM smokers just baffles me. It should be legal across the board IMO, but just because we in CA worked our state law pretty damn close to that some of you seem to be just talking trash out of jealousy. Just the way it seems from here.
Great post.

All of us smoke for "medical" reasons, be it to relax or keep from smashing people.
I guess it is just easier to hate on it then try to understand it.
 

ozzydiodude

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
9,142
Reaction score
4,319
NorCalHal said:
All of us smoke for "medical" reasons, be it to relax or keep from smashing people.
:goodposting: :aok: :headbang2: :yeahthat:
 

HemperFi

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2011
Messages
2,014
Reaction score
95
I don't consider the weed "I" smoke to be medicine -- I smoke now for the same reason I always have -- to get high. I have no problems relaxing, and I don't desire to smash anyone.

I'm on my second personal grow -- I would have no problem selling a little once in a while -- when I get some stash together :)

There ain't nuttin wrong wit being a litle cuntry. :) J/k

And, I am not jealous of you-all in Cali -- that cracked me up -- I believe it should be legal across the board as well, but not just because it's medicine. I haven't sold any weed, but I have given some to a friend for chronic pain. He is the one in a thousand who actually use weed for medicine. It should be legal for many reasons, and I bet if courts and lawyers wern't making so much money putting good people in jail (or keeping them out) it would have been legal long ago. JM-stoned-O

Peace
 

Latest posts

Top