More cal mag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score
So I’m ending up week 6 flower in my clone tent. One of my plants (my mainlining experiment) leaves are looking shabby as if they are pulling what they need from the plant rather than the dirt.
2253B265-6E28-4FD5-B101-12F0809EEB6D.jpeg

if anyone remembers when I chopped this clone drastically to do a mainline experiment when it became so unruly. I was actually pleased at how this plant grew with extra bud sites and very spread out with basically no middle. But now it seems to be struggling for nutes or something taking what it needs from the plant instead of the dirt. I have added calmag with every water and nute feed but this plant is reacting different.
A45AB430-53C7-4836-BBF9-2F99478377AB.jpeg
1624450C-9330-415F-BB4D-9DCBDDF29A93.jpeg

I still have 3-4 weeks to go I think as their mothers took 10 weeks. The leaves on all the clones were much smaller than their mother plants. The other plants seem to be doing well without this issue. The last picture is one of the other plants
D8907AD6-130E-4CF1-ADB4-0707EC163D95.jpeg
D8907AD6-130E-4CF1-ADB4-0707EC163D95.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 294779
this is what I’ve been feeding. Basically by the bottle directions. Could I have lock up perhaps because of PH like Pute said?

hmmmm , those additives should have plenty of phosphorus so yeah , maybe a lockout caused by unstable Ph?

try flushing a few days with plain water , but then again , how far away are you from harvest?

more likely a combination of things , and a picky plant

looks like you are not to far off from harvest and the plant will start eating the leaves even more but should not affect the flowers to much
My other plants in the tent have no leaf problems except they are smaller than I’d like to see them but that might just be the clone thing. I’m looking forward to getting the new giant leaves in the veg tent from the next seed grow. Don’t think I like growing clones as much but it was a free grow and I did gain experience

hmmmm , those additives should have plenty of phosphorus so yeah , maybe a lockout caused by unstable Ph?

try flushing a few days with plain water , but then again , how far away are you from harvest?
I figure 3-4 weeks. I’m looking at trichomes already but they will probably take the 10 weeks their moms took

I figure 3-4 weeks. I’m looking at trichomes already but they will probably take the 10 weeks their moms took

when do you start cutting back on your nutrients and do you flush your plants for a week before harvest?

(personally I rarely flush with plain water , I feed all the way up to harvest , but I do cut back on how much food they get as they get closer to harvest….it’s my belief that the plant will stop feeding when it gets near the end of its life , consider outdoor plants , how does one flush them? ..hint , ya can’t , and they seem to do ok outdoors)

when do you start cutting back on your nutrients and do you flush your plants for a week before harvest?

(personally I rarely flush with plain water , I feed all the way up to harvest , but I do cut back on how much food they get as they get closer to harvest….it’s my belief that the plant will stop feeding when it gets near the end of its life , consider outdoor plants , how does one flush them? ..hint , ya can’t , and they seem to do ok outdoors)
I plan to quit feeding them in a couple weeks. Maybe one more feeding. I didn’t plan to flush prior to harvest. Just plain water till harvest

Another thing, this plant is a GG4 and super sticky compared to the other plants including one of the same strain. Smells really great too. Maybe it will be ready quicker? Not sure. I don’t hate the plant and did enjoy manifolding it after chopping her down in her teenage time. I got more bud sites on her than my other GG plant grown with just LST to keep it away from the lights. So I would actually try the mainline thing again if I accidentally broke one off or something.

Ok thanx so much for replying and have a great day 😁

my pleasure!

yeah , I have one of those stubborn plants to deal with this year , the Molokai Frost is my problem child , picky picky picky….we all get them

looking forward to seeing how she finishes up

so yeah , two stubborn plants out of 24 ain’t to bad

Latest posts

Back