More Eficient ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brouli

Reaction score
Ok so i was thinking how would that work ??

if u have Automatic Battery Charger that u connect to power outlet hook up to timer , then car battery hook up to the charger , and AC Car Power Inverter hook up to battery and ur 400watt light to that woudent that be cheaper on electricyty ????? would take not more than 250 watts but u will be running on 400watt light system correct me if im wrong pleas.

Any ideas suggestion welcome.

PL2208_lg.jpg

nvh-600.jpg

yhst-70515121304670_1997_1534465710

I don't "think" that a power invertor will provide the amperage( sparky, correct me) required to run a HID bulb.
Interesting concept, but I don't believe it is a feasable option. We have a cpl of electricians onsite, hopefully they will comment.

but i found converters that push 9 amps isynt that more then needed for 400watt light ??

..ohhh spaaaaarky.. where are you ??. :p

"I" don't have the answer brouli..

The power inverter will work fine but
The battery charger will not keep the battery charged as power inverters draw quite a bit of amps depending on the output wattage of the inverter and the load applied.

Also you need at least a 800 watt inverter to run a 400 watt lamp because of the start up current.

My 400 watt inverter in my car can draw as high as 40 amps with that kind of load or higher your going to need a hell of a battery charger that will end up drawing more than 400 watts.

Not a bad idea if it could work.

Latest posts

Back