more light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbawhale

Reaction score
Howdy folks, I have a quick question, I have a 400 watt hps in a 4' x 4' x 6' grow room and generally grow two plants. I was thinking(very dangerous), can I put two four tube 4' floros, one on each side, in my room? I already have the fixtures and bulbs so I thought why not put them up on the vertical and get the extra light, right? gonna start 12/12 in about a week. thanks in advance.

bubbawhale

Flo' tubes "need" to be within a few inches of the plant, (6" MAX) What usually happens when you get the tubes close enough to benefit the plant, it shadows/blocks the hps light.

Hick said:
Flo' tubes "need" to be within a few inches of the plant, (6" MAX) What usually happens when you get the tubes close enough to benefit the plant, it shadows/blocks the hps light.

:yeahthat:

By the way you are under lit....4x4 space needs at least 48,000 lumens for veg and 80,000 lumens in flower...400w HPS are good for maybe 55,000.

Thanks for the info folks. I wasn't sure about the floro's Hicks but your advice is sound when thought out, so, thanks. The Hemp Goddess told me I was under lit some time back and I have been looking for a 600 watt setup for a decent price(there are plenty of them for $400) I can't justify the expenditure to my wife, I just grow for fun, is there a cheap way to supplement my 400 watt, say with a 250 watt mh or hps or is that even possible? thanks Hamster Lewis.

Larry

bubbawhale said:
Thanks for the info folks. I wasn't sure about the floro's Hicks but your advice is sound when thought out, so, thanks. The Hemp Goddess told me I was under lit some time back and I have been looking for a 600 watt setup for a decent price(there are plenty of them for $400) I can't justify the expenditure to my wife, I just grow for fun, is there a cheap way to supplement my 400 watt, say with a 250 watt mh or hps or is that even possible? thanks Hamster Lewis.

Larry

Amazon has a 400W with a digi ballast in a cool tube for around $150. The 600W is close to $200. You could add another 400W or go with a 600W.

hXXp://www.amazon.com/LED-Wholesalers-GYO2009-3-Piece-Hydroponic/dp/B004HNPGKA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1305486229&sr=8-2

hXXp://www.amazon.com/LED-Wholesalers-GYO2010-3-Piece-Hydroponic/dp/B004HNW7IY/ref=sr_1_5?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1305486292&sr=1-5

Thank you Hemp Goddess, I,m planing to expand a little bit, for more veggie room, so I think another 400 watts would work perfect. I'll go check out amazon. thanks again.

bubbawhale

Latest posts

Back