most ghetto attempt at a grow, ever.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cyberquest said:
i put her under lights and she responded VERY well when she got her first dose of light which came from a 250w indandesent heat lamp. :)

Do you have any florous or HID to produce light. Incadescent provides a green spectrum light wich the plant refects most of it. This would cuse the plant to "stretch" and at first look like its growing fast, but its actually becoming "photo-tropic"
I would get some Florous or HID in there. IMO

A big problem with incandescent lighting is that you're paying for heat more than for usable light for the plant. It's a very expencive method of lighting a plant. To get enough lumens, you have to use so many lights that you could bake cakes in the same room.

A question about light: can you flower with FLOs (changing the light cycle)?
And, can you do the vegetative and flowering cycles, just with HPS?

Hemp-o Kitty said:
A question about light: can you flower with FLOs (changing the light cycle)?
And, can you do the vegetative and flowering cycles, just with HPS?

Yupper!!! Hps just is more efficient then flos and has the proper spectrum.

Mutt said:
Do you have any florous or HID to produce light. Incadescent provides a green spectrum light wich the plant refects most of it. This would cuse the plant to "stretch" and at first look like its growing fast, but its actually becoming "photo-tropic"
I would get some Florous or HID in there. IMO

yeah mutt, she is flowering under a 400w HPS now, we also made a CFL room for veg.

the heat lamp was giving to me and i said what the heck i will try it, it grew two inched (stretched two inches) in two days so it made me do more research. i found out about the CFLs and made a cloest full of cfls, then i broke down and bought the 400w hps, we use the cfls for seedlings then they go to the good room for flower.

i was just giving her and example of my first plant, how it had a rough begging starving for the right light.

i'm planning the same setup. because of space/heating issues I'm opting for a floro setup rather than an MH for veg and a HPS to flower. going to be doing two plants at a time in a bi-level cab with the floros on the bottom and the HPS at the top. found a dude to outfit the cabinet. told him I need all the holes and ventilation cause I'll be running computer equipment 24/7 :D

hey everyone, its day 20-something or other. the babies have been outside and they still look like babies. i'm noticing that the pointed leaves are detaching from the rounded leaves on a couple - is that normal?

true that, in their current setup outside in the cold i could probably expect a couple joint by next sept. but i am planning on putting them under a proper setup next month.

i wonder though, if all this stress will produce male plants. in any event i'm going to take a trip to amsterdam in march to get me some seeds :cool:

ok they've been ouside a couple weeks, in the corner of my balcony growing in the shade. the temps have been varying from day to night at about 5oC all the way to 15oC.

There's two nodes, and their not spaced far, maybe a half inch. They're also really green, and their stems look healthy.

Since I'm going to India in about 7 weeks I'm thinking I'll just let them veg outside till I get back then I'll get an HPS and put 'em into flower.

You heard right. I found someone to build me an HPS. It's going to be 150 watts, with an external ballast.

sanchez said:
day 6 update: transplanting my babes.

as per the diagram I had two pots, with 7 baby plants growing (3 in one and 4 in the other). i decided i had to seperate them to avoid a siamese twin situation and I didn't do the best job.

i tried to lift them out with a spoon for the transfer and roughed up more than a few of them. In transplanting them to their new homes I couldn't stick the roots down straight, they're now curving (cause the new containers are much smaller). I even found one that hadn't sprouted yet and rather than give it an abortion I just scooped it up and stuck it in a container and covered that with dirt.

i'm really upset cause i think I might have really injured or even killed them. they were so young and just starting their happy happy lives under the blaring yellow translucent bulb. such a waste. :( i've been checking on 'em every half hour.

will any survive? what are the odds?

i hear u on the abortion thing sanchez..thats some funny writing ..im going to enjoy this journal..best of look on it..coz mine was a living abortion and i still got some herb back ur next grow u'll have way more boogadie.. (u have to say that word really fast).
keep up gods work peace

G-UNIT=:bolt:

Hello Sanchez!

Wassup? Hey man, sorry to hear about the probs!

At this point I'd pull the plants or give them to someone who has a setup. Leaving them on the balcony during your trip to India is a quick route to a slow death. You are already going down to 5 degrees celsius? That's 41f! :eek:

Besides, I have reviewed your current growth rate, and after some calculations built a diorama representing the expected Harvest for Summer or perhaps Fall (maybe Winter?) 2007. It 'aint pretty. I made it black and white to heighten the lonely existentialism and Goethe-like pathos. Plus I was stoned and thought it looked kewl. :cool:

Come back, read up, get the right equipment, get that room dialed, then start the herb.

It doesn't have to be extreemly fancy to start, I did a bunch of clones in a setup that ran a fluro, two fans and a Home Depot box. You could instantly high-tech it with a vented HID and a temp controlled exhaust.

Anyways, good luck. Here's some encouragement for ya;

C'mon you little fighter
No need to get uptighter
C'mon you little fighter
And get back up again
Oh, get back up again
Oh, fill your heart again ...

Sanchez Harvest.jpg

Hey everyone what's up. I've been around lurking, but have been avoiding this page cause I'm working at a company where the IT guys might be following my path on the internet.

The babies are still outside. 3 died but 5 are growing fine with a couple of tightly spaced nodes. I don't think I'm going to India but even if I do leave I'm going to get a friend to take care of my plants.

Thanks for the message Zarnon and I agree, no setup has to be fancy to start. I'm thinking a few fluoros and a mini HID in the closet. I'll keep yall posted.

Latest posts

Back