Mother plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killertea08

Liven The Dream
Reaction score
Ok so I have one plant under flouresents a 2ft two blub lamp. Can I grow a mother plant this way? If so how many clones can I expect in 2 months? I ask this because I am planning on growing in a 4x4 grow box and am thinking of a sog set up and am wondering how many mothers I need to give me enough clones. If I use one gallon pots then I could bunch them up four plants per square foot. That would give me 64 plants if im not mistaken. They are going to be under a 600w hps aircooled lamp. :hubba:

16 plants in one gallon containers will be crowded in a 4x4 box. Most strains put into flowering at 1 ft will stretch out to about 2 to 3 feet tall, or more. One mother will easily supply enough clones. I put my clones into flower at 6 to 8 inches and they finish at around 2 feet depending on strain.

Well I would like to do a sog set up and put as many clones as I can. I will veg them for a wk then flower them. How many mothers do I need to give me 32 plants? Or better question is how many clones can I get from a 2 months old female?

i say 10-12 im currently flowering straight from seeeds in order to keep mine small enough for my cab which is the same dimensions as urs, 16 will be way too many..which aslso means no topping ..

I agree. One mother plant will be more than enough to supply the number of clones you're going to be needing. I would only go with 10-12 plants as Firepower is suggesting. The ladies will double or even triple their size during flowering, depending on strain. Even with 10 ladies in there, it's going to be crowded. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Yeah, they will definitly get bigger than you are expecting.

After 2 months my mom yelded 24 clones and is now bigger than a 40 gallon trash can. It's living it up under 2 600's, one mh and one hps. Can't beat it with a stick.

Eggman said:
After 2 months my mom yelded 24 clones and is now bigger than a 40 gallon trash can. It's living it up under 2 600's, one mh and one hps. Can't beat it with a stick.

Would you mind if you posted pics of her?

My mothers and her kids like floros.... she grows vigorously under a couple 4ft shop lights. I have a 15 hole bubble cloner I made and I can fill it pretty easily every 2-3 weeks off one mother.... Just gotta be smart as to where to cut her to promote more side growth. If ya see a spot that you would like to grow a lil more on that the lights overhead are not penetrating enough for... Those lil clamp work lights with a CFL screwed in them work great for developing shaded branches.

Hey killertea, i'm startin 21 clones in a 2x4 tray...ive done 24 in it,no prob. flower at 5-6in they only get about 18in tall...solid cola. guess im gonna have too many clones, i also just started 4 grape ape mom's. packin in that many you also need the right strain. good luck

Latest posts

Back