Motorized light lifter (not mover)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoCoGrow

Reaction score
First world problem: my LED light has dimming in the form of 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%, thus I can't increase the intensity "little by little." For illustration, the power draw goes from 392W at 60%, to 558W at 80%, to 690W at 100%. I'm quickly growing tired of setting the dimmer, and then lowering the lights a bit each day using the ratchet hangers, until I want to up the intensity, at which point I have to raise the light all the way back up before moving to the next intensity setting. Then rinse and repeat.

Does anyone use something like this to raise and lower lights, or ideally a product made specifically for raising and lowering grow lights in a grow tent?

I use chains with hooks. Easy to move up or down. Each chain link is a step up or down.
Im using HOT5s not Leds. I can put my HOT5s right on top of the canopy.

I have never had a problem moving my lights with ratchet hangers
But I use to use these adjustable easy roller hangers (most hydro stores)
They hang the light where you want and retract when you lift the light with help of spring inside to roll the cord up as you do.
I did not really like them after a while they failed and got funky.
I would just learn to live with the ratchets , they are the easiest way I found myself. a pull here and a pull there and walla the light is in position.
Unless I am vegging babies , I have my lights set to full power 18-24 inches above, unless late flower and there is no room at the top, then I break some stems if need be.

First world problem: my LED light has dimming in the form of 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%, thus I can't increase the intensity "little by little." For illustration, the power draw goes from 392W at 60%, to 558W at 80%, to 690W at 100%. I'm quickly growing tired of setting the dimmer, and then lowering the lights a bit each day using the ratchet hangers, until I want to up the intensity, at which point I have to raise the light all the way back up before moving to the next intensity setting. Then rinse and repeat.

Does anyone use something like this to raise and lower lights, or ideally a product made specifically for raising and lowering grow lights in a grow tent?

1_177_8.jpg

I too have been looking to ease my finger strain, at best would be a toy version of the workshop big brother
the smallest lifts to 59 feet, 5 feet and max load of 2-3 Kg's(4-6 pounds) would be max and ideal at least for me

I've looked at building my own using an old 18v dc motor and g'box from a old portable drill
then I'd attach the brain ...a inkbird(stc2000) temp controller that would work the crane
lift/lower the light 2mm(1/4 inch) once the temp raises or lowers

any excuse to dodge the grow room patrol ...lol

cheers

Latest posts

Back