Mouldy Bud? Make - ISO Oil/Tar From Wet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HippyInEngland

Smoke Free Zone.
Reaction score
Hi Guys :)

This is from wet weed, not dried.

Here's the scoop .....

I was growing a Lowryder just for a mini harvest while waiting for my other plants to show sex and start budding etc and I often let my plants have outside sunshine (I put all my plants outside of the greenhouse on sunny days)

1 day I was away from the house and it absolutely pished it down with rain, all my plants got soaked, really heavily soaked, when I got back I had no choice but to put the 21 plants back in my greenhouse, next day it was grey and cloudy but warm, so out went the plants again to get clean fresh air, 20 plants were young plants so it was easy for them to dry out, the Lowryder was 10 days or a fortnight to harvest so was thick and chunkie, what I didnt realise was the heavy rain had totally sodden the flower buds and without me knowing ......

A teleomorph Botryotinia fuckeliana spore had settled on my Lowryder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botrytis_cinerea

I did extensive research and from different sourced found Isopropyl alcohol (also isopropanol, iso, isopro, rubbing alcohol, or the abbreviation IPA) is a common name for propan-2-ol, a colourless, flammable chemical compound with a strong odour. It has the molecular formula C3H8O and is the simplest example of a secondary alcohol, where the alcohol carbon is attached to two other carbons. It is an isomer of propanol)

And it kills mould spores!

So here is what I decided to do :)

Pic 1, Is where I first saw Botrytis cinerea and decided to react quickly.

Pic 2, Is the Lowryder2 outside away from my greenhouse, it was looking good until 2 days ago.

Pic 3, Chopped to bits.

Pic 4, A stump.

Pic 5, I got a soda bottle, 1 LT

Pic 6, I stripped.

Pic 7, Almost pure alcohol.

Pic 8, I put all the fresh cut bud in the bottle with leaves with Trich's on them in the bottle and half filled with the ISO.

Pic 9, Shake like merry hell for 5 mins.

Pic 10, A dish.

Pic 11, Here is the fun thing, I thought right ... what the tit am I going to use as a strainer, so I came up with this one :rofl: We all have an odd sock, there must be a sock monster that eats odd socks, I folded it over so there were 4 layers of material across the top of the bottle acting as a filter.

Pic 12, Green stuff that smells like a 'woman of the night's breath'

m1.JPG

m1a.JPG

m2.JPG

m3.JPG

m4.JPG

m5.JPG

m6.JPG

m7.JPG

m8.jpg

m9.JPG

m10.JPG

m11.JPG

Pic 13, A pic of the sock filter and how it worked.

Pic 14, Beer baby growing from ground up!

Pic 15, A blow from Remington.

Pic 16, This is after 2 hours of blowing, it turns golden, well did for me anyway lol.

Pic 17, The sticky stuff im left with after 4 hours of continual drying, it smells awful, yet oddly attractive.

Pic 18, I dipped my finger in it to sample it.

Pic 19, Just as a taster I wiped it on a paper and made a smoke using law abiding tobacco, I went into the living room to watch TV and after 15 mins I couldnt stand up.

pic 20, Is what was left over after the ISO oil/tar extraction from a mould infected MJ plant, take my warning, it is HIGHLY potent and will seriously slam the back of your head with a huge kiss, you have been warned :)

As a footnote, I strongly suggest a wide long thin plate or bowl, mine was small and deep, it took ages to dry it.

m12.JPG

m13.JPG

m14.JPG

m15.JPG

m16.JPG

m17.JPG

m18.JPG

m19.JPG

this is what i been lookin for a good detailed method for iso oil. i tried a similar method once but it didn't turn out so good. i used green plant mater and when the alcohol was gone there was still water mixed in with the oil. and it wasn't much oil.. more like a sticky tar around the rim of the bowl.. can't wait to see how this turns out for ya. good luck

ok i have a few questions for ya..
1- what was the dryer set on? high or low?
2- did you let it blow from the time you put it in a bowl or did you let it sit a while?
3- pic 17. is that what was left? is all that iso oil/tar?

slowmo77 said:
ok i have a few questions for ya..
1- what was the dryer set on? high or low?
2- did you let it blow from the time you put it in a bowl or did you let it sit a while?
3- pic 17. is that what was left? is all that iso oil/tar?

The dryer was set at medium, but my air was still, you may have a windy day, I cant say what to use, its your call, question 2, I let it sit fot 10 mins, there is no reason for it to sit, there are no particles in it, they are dissolved, so I went to dry the alcohol off as soon as, yes that is all thats left of all that liquid, very potent, i mean it.

thanks you for this.. i will be tryin it as soon as i get some iso alcohol.. i made butter a few days ago and im sure glad it tasted better than it smelled while makin it.. about to try some on a bisket. a good cannabutter bisket.. oh ya i like the sock you used.. nice colors. thanks again

Question is that regular alcohol like rubbing alcohol..

Great Iso post....I really can't tell from the pics that the lR started to mold...By chance how's does mold occur when growing???

HippyInEngland said:
Hi KGB :)

The alcohol I used is 99.7%, rubbing alcohol is usually 70%, the cleaner the alcohol the cleaner the finished product.

Thank you!!

bud.uncle said:
I am curious as to how you are storing this oil?

How tricky was it to transfer from the bowl?

Where did you source your Isopropyl alcohol?

Good questions.

Getting it from the bowl to the storage vial is quite tricky, I used a spoon and a probe to poke the oily tar into the vial (what you see in the vial is only half of it, I got bored after 30 mins of scraping it out so will do the rest later)

I bought my ISO from Halfords when they had a half price offer on, but I have also seen the exact same 99.7% pure being sold on Ebay.

Picture 1 is a small Aftershave sample bottle that I emptied and washed.

Picture 2 is the vial being slowly filled (the probe was really helpful to poke the oily tar in with)

Picture 3 is showing how really really helpful the probe is, its used as a spreader.

Picture 4 is the vial sitting in warm water to soften it so it spreads easy, I found this step is not needed, it does exactly the same thing if left in a trousers pocket to warm up.

The reflection in picture 4 shows my other venture :hubba:

:peace:

tar.JPG

tar 1.JPG

tar 2.JPG

tar 3.JPG

ok hippy heres how mine turned out. i just used all my trimming from a hermie that was almost done flowerin i cut a few days ago. it was a small plant so not much waste. any way i smoked this stuff and im so stoned it feels like my heads gonna float off my shoulders. very very strong stuff. not much for taste but super strong.

DSC01208.JPG

Something to add .....

I had a big clear out of the house recently and re found the bowl I had used to make this ISO bubble hash with, as im running very low of smoke I decided on a final scrape of the bowl.

Pic 1, the bowl, crappy pic but you see a thin film of ISO hash left sporadically around the bowl, its very translucent and easily seen through.

Pic 2, I used a small knife blade to scrape the glass, to my surprise a collection quickly accumilated.

Pic 3, The knife edge worked extremely well.

Pic 4, Totally shocked at how much I had gathered.

Pic 5, This is going to be tried tonight :hubba:

2 iso.JPG

2 iso 2.JPG

2 iso 3.JPG

2 iso 5.jpg

in picture 18 of ya ISO tutorial ur fuzzed out ya finger tips... ? i herd somethin bout bein able to take ya fingerprints in a photograph almost as if a actual fingerprint almost better.
was this the reason? i never really thought bout it til i saw that but i saw a episode of CSI and they did just that so i googled the technique and sure as heck its possible. just never gave it much thought wit postin pix on here.

Yes that is the reason ;)

Not that I watch CSI, I do it because my camera quality gives detailed images.

My theory is ...

Look at the picture your going to post, can you see anything on it that reminds you of you?

If so do not post it or alter it :)

Latest posts

Back